Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,905 members, 7,866,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Most Overrated Films? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Most Overrated Films? (666 Views)

Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Full Length Free Nollywood Films: In The Eyes Of My Husband (1&2) / Any Lover Of Mount Zion Films In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Overrated Films? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
I think many many of us when we want to watch a new film, we  tend to read reviews first. Or people reaction. And when the reaction is totally positive we become over excited to watch it specially when we see/hear words like "Best film of the year" , "Classic" ," masterpiece" , :Rocking film" ,"speechless" and all the good words but when you watch the film you just cant stand it and think its wayy overrated and don't deserve all these words and even at the BO don't deserve the huge success.

Can be from Hollywood, Bollywood, Gollywood, whatever wood grin

Here's mine

Hollywood

1) Avatar- Seriously did not get what was so great about it undecided

2) The Twilight Series- Do I need to explain myself for this? undecided Totally overrated

3) I don't know whether this goes below bollywood or hollywood grin slumdog millionaire Not an oscar material!!!

Bollywood

Dabanng- If you are a bollywood fan, then you probably know of this film. I swear to God I can not get it. I am a huge Salman Khan fan but how this movie became
critically and commercially acclaimed film is beyond me. I luv the film for sure, but is so overhyped.
Re: The Most Overrated Films? by Emmyk(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2011
I second Avatar. That was on my mind as I saw the thread. Do u mean 2010 movies?
Re: The Most Overrated Films? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2011
Any year
Re: The Most Overrated Films? by iice(f): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2011
Titanic
Re: The Most Overrated Films? by WackyJ1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
The truth sometimes is that when you read the reviews of a film before watching it. You're expectations are raised and then most times the film can't meet your raised expectations and it becomes overrated.
Re: The Most Overrated Films? by Emmyk(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2011
That's why I hate searching for movie reviews. Once I read review of the movie, It wont be interesting again - the suspence would be far gone. I rather watch then read reviews. That's wassup. cheesy
Re: The Most Overrated Films? by alenfort: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2011
The Most Overrated Films is

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. Mystic River
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Animal House
5. Braveheart

(1) (Reply)

Spartacus Tv Actor Andy Whitfield Dies At 39 / ISU World Figure Skating 2012 Eurosport Commercial? / Who Will Be The Winners At The 2012 AMAA On Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.