Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna (693 Views)

Mounting Debts, Fuel Subsidy Crisis: Mega Burdens For New Government / LASG To Rebuild Igbosere High Court Burnt During Civil Unrest Of 2020 / INEC Chairman Accused Of Mounting Pressure On Rivers State REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by operotimi: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2020
Kaduna 30 days Lockdown extension : Civil disobedience now at the Core.

You don't just implement policies without thoroughly theorizing the possible implications. This morning I heard on the radio that the kaduna state government extended the previous Convid19 lockdown order by 30days leaving only Wednesday free for people to go to the market and fill up their house with foodstuffs.

In my own humble opinion I think this is uncalled for, It simply a torn in the flesh on the people I tend to represent.

What do you expect of a person you order to stay at home for the past few weeks without food to do next?

Instead of initiating measures to ease the lockdown as other state are probably doing , the kaduna state government went ahead by extending it with 30days. Now what do you expect people that feed from hand to mouth to do?

Maybe the government think they have given palliatives to the poorest of the poor as they say and now since the poorest of the poor or the vulnerable people have something to eat, everybody is ok. Isn't that ridiculous ??

Civil disobedience is For sure at the Core and ready to unleash.
The end will indeed justify the means!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2020
Katakata everywhere
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2020
Well, Kaduna is next door to Kano, where it is obvious covid19 is spreading out of control.

I guess El-Rufai could lift the quarantine, but if the thing spreads out of control in Kaduna, just know the state's health care structures cannot control the thing at all.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by Johnpaulsales(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2020
Hmm our Nigeria let us all calm down we are fight COVID-19
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by jumper524(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2020
Operotimi if you were the gov of kaduna state, what would you have done in such situation?

1 Like

Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by springer: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2020
When the politicians of a civilian government pushes the citizens to the elastic limit of endurance, "MY FELLOW NIGERIANS" is always the result. When nothing is left for the poor to eat, they turn to the rich. This government is unconsciously inviting tsunami that will sweep them off. Nigerians are pressed beyond compression already.

Government must carefully be on alert for uprising from the youths. Nigerians are hungry. Nigeria is rich and Nigerians are poor. The covid 19 donated fund is being embezzled. Buhari is livelydead in response to national cry and situation of the masses, I see new nations from many nations after covid19.

FG, APC & Buhari/Osinbajo has failed Nigerians, while PDP only barks during elections. No opposition to expose the weakness of this failed government. Covid19 exposed the fact that NO NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT EVER THOUGH OF NATIONAL STIPENDS FOR THE CITIZEN EITHER ON MONTHLY BASIS OR DURING EMERGENCY.

Funny enough, the Southerners may be easily controlled by government apparatus but the Northerners anger and uprising may be like Arab springs of tsunami. Dont you forget that Nigeria is the global headquarters of poverty. India is 1.3 billion in population and Nigeria is around 200 million but the headquarters of poverty. Of three can not work together in progress then put them assunder for progress.

In Oduduwa Republic I believe. Nigeria is too big for any African man to lead of rule. Qui Sera Sera. With love from the west. Yoruba Ronu.
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by OJODEL10(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2020
mallam will regret this
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by OJODEL10(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2020
mallam will regret this

yoruba ronu
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by adadike(f): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2020
Elrufai is a terrorist. I have never seen a more terrible terrorist before
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2020
adadike:
Elrufai is a terrorist. I have never seen a more terrible terrorist before

Seconded
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by donbachi(m): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2020
Unrest...I'm beginning to think that was his motive for the lockdown extension.
Re: Civil Unrest Mounting In Kaduna by abduljabbar4(m): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2020
He should have established more safety measures and extended the lock down by maybe 14 days if necessary rather than this nonsense. Many people who had formally been obedient will go out. I don't think I'm also going to stay at home for another 30 days just because one elrufai said so. Enforce social distancing, ban Commercial vehicles and make face masks compulsory. Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Kanu/IPOB Finally Succumbs To Kemi Olunloyo: To Make Live Video To Address Death / BREAKING! Don’t Resume On Monday, Sanwo-olu Orders Civil Servants / Governor Obaseki Created Edo APC Crisis By Neglecting Politicians - Tony Kabaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.