Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) (72909 Views)

Senegal Has Created A $1 COVID-19 Test And $60 Ventilators / German Test-kit For Coronavirus: 95% Accurate, Takes 2.5 Hours / Amethyst Oral HIV Test Kit Helps You Test Yourself For HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by demola21(m): 10:43am On Apr 27, 2020
While the rest of the world are trying figure out a practical way of combating the novel corona virus, Senegal has miraculously developed a covid19 test kit that cost approximately $1. Thats right! You read well, $1.

This is in line with their strategy of testing their total population and fishing out those who are infected. The test kit is conducting by taking blood and saliva samples of patients and due to its low cost of production there is plenty of kits to go round.

They've also created a ventilator that cost approximately $60 through the aid of 3d printing. It interesting to not that the average ventilator cost $15000.

Senegal has only 2 casualties from their over 600 cases and they've used a combinaton of antimalarial drugs to combat this illness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXcxx0feIZ4

https://twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1254653550979887107?s=08

170 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by sholatech(m): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2020
Now..Thats a great one from Africa! Hope it can be mass produced immediately for all African countries to buy.

612 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by toix888: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
If our leaders can stop looting funds abroad and invest locally, sure there's hope in Africa.

410 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Alexiz031(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
God bless the Senegalese

571 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
I have started a new prayer point

"God should liberate Nigerian from bad leaders"
IsNor as if it's too much work for God but it is an impossible future tense.

The thing Dey shock am, He is patiently waiting to see more of our ineptitude

EDITED: some of you quoting me to say we don’t need God, should tell us how can a country so blessed with so much mineral resources and Human Resources remain in dark age?

We all claim to be smart and bold on the internet but cum next election they’ll still play us all. Who is fooling who? grin

We are fooling ourself if we think we will wake up one morning to meet Nigerian become Yankee. Tinubu’s yet unborn great great great grand son will rule Lagos one day make em carry e share for the family business. It will continue that way till motor finally park up. grin

You that is reading this post, forget your humility right now, when you make it to that government house, story go change;

“Who is your bro?” grin
“Abeg give them three three cup of derica make them dey go house”

We need God in our heart, our ways nor pure. We are openly abusing the freewill God gave us.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by ignis: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Shame to Nigeria. Our leaders should bury their faces in shame now. We are blessed with wealth and enough mineral resources more than every African counties.

Nigeria have the highest number of professors, universities, graduates and population in Africa.

We remain Giant of Africa in the book, with nothing to show for it.

I am not surprised that we are where we are, a man that did not pass common WAEC is the president presiding over professors, doctors and technocrats in different fields.

The president that claim to be an army general cannot even assure security or win the fight against insurgency.

I weep for this country.

People are dying massively in Kano and our leaders are keeping a deaf here and handling it with kids glove. As we speak there is no COVID-19 testing center in kano - a state with average population of 15 million people.

In my next world, I won't dare to pass through Nigeria.

296 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by OkCornel(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Good stuff! We shall overcome.

4 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by djWALE(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Lol naija which way..

5 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Kmartt(m): 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Wonderful

3 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by nams77: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Instead of FG to be looking inward, they are expecting China and other foreign govt to help them.

I once mentioned here that government should place testing centers in all local govt and one imp here was insulting me telling me its not possible. I wish that person would see this thread

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Sirlins(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
This is indeed progress, the poor could benefit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by pennywys(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Tell that to Nigerian government

10 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by sosospence(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Very commendable!They are not even the so called'giant of Africa'.

53 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Tolumiide: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Great
Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by PresidentAtiku(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Commendable...

NCDC reach out... $1 is about N450. Seek for partnership so that the whole Nigeria can be tested.

Also reach out to Madagascar for their herbal preventive and curative drug.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by budosky(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Necessity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Dobson43: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Finally something to cheer about

7 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Kendumazy(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Saw it on YouTube this morning. It's quite impressive.

30 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by WaywardSon(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Now that's the real Giant in West Africa.
The 15000 USD ventilators most western countries use is mostly overpriced, u see eh the healthcare systems of the west is so monetized for maximum profit for the Big Pharmaceutical companies and Hospitals. And that's why their countries will bleed out cash to afford more units for patients.

Africa is its only hope in this precarious period.
I am beyond proud that individual African nations like Senegal have taken the lead and I expect more to follow.

The sad thing is that Nigerians given the right opportunities and foundations can lead the continent effectively against this scourge but the entire country CHOOSE TO BE LED BY FOOLS

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by djWALE(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Nigerian politicians wee budget millions first��

16 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Uuhemz: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
nigeria should learn from this.

6 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by xreal: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Next is the vaccine.

Well-done Senegal.

Nigeria how market ?
I am sure BUA's 3.3 billion is already in some individual's pocket.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Bizzysmitty(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Why not my Country Nigeria? angry

5 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by spafu(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Whoever it was that coined and named Nigeria the "Giant of Africa" seriously needs to tender an unreserved apology to the rest of Africa. A giant that needs smaller ones to set the pace and race ahead of it, is that one a giant? If it is,it must be a bat-blinded giant, who only operates in darkness. And you and I know that whatever is done in the dark (secret) benefits only the perpetrators or a select few. What are those things done in the dark? They include:
Corruption
Stealing
Ritual Killings
Herdsmen Killings
Terrorist Killings
Nepotism in Public Service
Appointments Without Merit to mention but a few.
Are these things not present with us?
We are nothing but the "Africa Giant Snail", that's an apt description of us as a country.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by bellenornor(f): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Mais Le Nigeria ne peut jamais!!! Smh

2 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by BigTableShaker(f): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Shame on Igbos.

6 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Agboki: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Na now Africa land,white man no go over eat 4 our head again dis tym.
Nigeria b giant of Africa only 4 population and corruption if na we even produce dis 1 our leaders no go want make e sell .I weep 4 my country. embarassed embarassed embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Those who should be doing this in Nigeria are either part of the government looting the country dry or part of the masses being looted dry.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by SirLakes: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
sholatech:
Now..Thats a great one from Africa! Hope it can be mass produced immediately for all African countries to buy.

Yes oo, let them produce massively so that Nigeria can Buy as usual

Buying is the only thing we are known for grin grin

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senegal $1 COVID-19 Test Kit And $60 Ventilator (Video) by softset: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2020
If this is true, then I weep for Nigeria. We have lots of smart people here, why can't government urgently fund them to begin research and development into many of the things we spend billions of dollars to purchase from foreign companies.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inside Coronavirus Isolation Ward In Lagos (Video) / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? / Former Drug Addict Shows Off Transformation After Quitting Drugs (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.