Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why The Sudden Increase In COVID-19 Scammers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why The Sudden Increase In COVID-19 Scammers (251 Views)

Why There Is Increase In Number Of Mad Pretty Girls In Abuja - Twitter User / Two Nigerian Romance Scammers Arrested In Bangkok, Thailand (Photos) / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Sudden Increase In COVID-19 Scammers by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
Good day nairalanders,

This is quite saddening and depressing. I received a call few minutes ago from this number:
0813 020 6283

They claimed that the FG is giving out #10,500 COVID-19 relief fund (I immediately suspected they were scammers). I was asked if I had received mine, I answered No! ....and dropped the call.

I sent the scammers warning messages. They called back, I didn't pickup. Then I remembered that my phone contacts disappeared few days back. I might have warned the wrong person who called me jokingly. So I called but to my amazement, they confirmed my suspicion.

In this whole scenerio, what surprised me the most is that the caller mentioned my surname and I confirmed. The caller then called me by my brother's name. That was when I disconnected the call.

If it were back in 2015 when I was with one Telecom, I would just query the Number using KYC or other platforms to identify who owns or registered the Number with their contact address.

Anyone in the house with such access presently kindly help query the number to identify the scammer, screenshot the page, post, comment and protect other nairalanders.

(1) (Reply)

Court Remands 26-year-old Man For Allegedly Raping 10-year-old / Police Brutality - White Police Ask Black Man To Lick His Urine / Nigeria's Problem With Sexual Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.