Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) (114416 Views)

Crocrodiles In America Came From Africa 11 Million Years Ago (Photos) / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
wirinet:

Ignorance on public display. 99% of all animals that have existed on earth has gone extinct, so almost all animals with a few exceptions are the ones that survived till today.

Evolution of biological life is similar to evolution of the electric car. The fist car was designed and made by Karl Benz, it was a primitive care with 3 wheels. Today after so many evolutions, we have thousands of models of cars, buses and trucks. Many have also gone extrinct because they could not survive the changing financial and social environment. The newest evolution are electric cars.
Now, because new benz are brought into the market today does not mean all older models will suddenly vanish, especially if they are still providing good service. That the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 is cruising the streets of Lagos will not make the 1979 benz disappear. In facts some people are still driving 1960s antique cars.
This is an example of the pseudo intellectuals that I talk about..has absolutely no fvcking clue yet takes the high ground of logic and reasoning! He doesn't even realise that his second paragraph completely shatters his fantasy based argument..a benz car was fvcking CREATED and we know it's creator! But you tell me this world, the ants, beast and birds of the air, the fishes both great and small, the sun and moon all came into existence through NOTHING?? Does that even make a fvcking sense? Can't you see for this things to exist there must be an intelligent design behind it? Just as an intelligent engineer created a benz car that we can all see!

3 Likes

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Niggmatic: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
issa simpu stuff.
Let’s get to the true question here—why is life carbon based, and not based off of one of the other 118 elements?
Out of all the elements on the periodic table, carbon is arguably the best at bonding. Carbon loves bonding, and it is not picky about who it bonds with.  Carbon will bond with any of the “CHNOPS” elements, which are carbon, hydrogen etc, and it will bond with other weirder atoms, like zinc and iron. 
Oxygen and some of the other CHNOPS elements can form bonds as well. But what makes carbon unique is that it can bond with other carbon atoms to create long carbon chains and rings. No other element is capable of forming molecules as large and complex as carbon based molecules (think about it—without carbon chains and rings, there could be no DNA!)
Also, most carbon-based molecules are very stable and will not spontaneously fall apart. we have things like diamond which is pure carbon, But they can also react to make new molecules. Our bodies need to be able to digest the compounds we consume (aka food) into small and simple tidbits, so that biological processes can then “click” and “snap” these tidbit back together into useful molecules. Carbon based molecules are strong enough that these small and simple tidbits will stay intact, allowing our body can arrange and rearrange them into useful molecules.
It is no wonder then that carbon-based molecules are the best suited to sustain life.  Life is complex; therefore, life molecules need to have the capability to be complex as well! I hope I answered the question, tired of typing I would have made more points

Thanks for your input.

You have tried. It is not easy to type. I have so many things to say but I'm just bit lazy in typing especially when I'm with phone.
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by dukeprince50: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

I know my akpabio textbook...Yet you can't bring back a dead cell..or organism..bringing carbon and hydrogen together won't create a living cell and I made that point clear in my previous post..
This is beyond Akpabio dear.
the reason u argue is because ur understanding is limited to Akpabio chemistry
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
wirinet:

And you have proofs for all these hypothesis?
The proof is in observation of everything around you..and quite frankly it's common fvcking sense! It's not rocket science..
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Fucsheetup(f): 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Jokerman:

Lies. God created all things.... Stars, the sun, micro organisms etc
Do you understand English? Your god created you but your mom did the reproduction on Earth, the same way a nebula is just like a womb pushing out stars.

P.S The sun is a star.
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Macsjebs:

I meant blacks Sir, North Africa is just a kind of geographical stuff', they don't even see themselves as Africans, they are more committed to ,white Arab blocs'
Again if you bothered to open the Bible you'd know that the ancient Ethiopians and Egyptians didn't look like mohamed salah of Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Again if you bothered to open the Bible you'd know that the ancient Ethiopians and Egyptians didn't look like mohamed salah of Liverpool.
Seriously, I have been kind of lazy reading these days, kindly help with scriptures so I go look it up. Thanks
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Niggmatic: 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

This is an example of the pseudo intellectuals that I talk about..has absolutely no fvcking clue yet takes the high ground of logic and reasoning! He doesn't even realise that his second paragraph completely shatters his fantasy based argument..a benz car was fvcking CREATED and we know it's creator! But you tell me this world, the ants, beast and birds of the air, the fishes both great and small, the sun and moon all came into existence through NOTHING?? Does that even make a fvcking sense? Can't you see for this things to exist there must be an intelligent design behind it? Just as an intelligent engineer created a benz car that we can all see!

You are mixing things up. This is not argument about whether God exist or not. Humans don't just create cars, there is a proces for creating a car.

Whether God exist or not does not take away the process upon which the world was created.

You should be discussing instead of arguing. No name calling please.
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by dukeprince50: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
Fucsheetup:
Do you understand English? Your god created you but your mom did the reproduction on Earth, the same way a nebula is just like a womb pushing out stars.

P.S The sun is a star.
stop arguing with these guys, anything beyond Akpabio chemistry is out of their purview, they won't understand ur points.
I have made more points than Buhari covid19 speech, the people still no gree understand
stop wasting ur time

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
check my previous post, just scroll a bit up and read it, it's very long, I can't retype.
now cell though small is complicated, it has necleaus, mitochondria, Golgi etc playing different roles. carbon role is simply to hold things together no matter how large they are, ur whole body is kept in one piece tnx to carbon, it's that simple but very verse in explanation
It still goes down to my question (by the way I know my living plant and animal cells diagram)..the question remains, what designed th3 mitochondrial organelles to give energy to the cell? What designed and made it exist? Just carbon? Carbon thought it out and made it exist? So carbon can now how the ability to think, design and create on its own?? Can't you see??

4 Likes

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Niggmatic:

You are mixing things up. This is not argument about whether God exist or not. Humans don't just create cars, there is a proces for creating a car.

Whether God exist or not does not take away the process upon which the world was created.

You should be discussing instead of arguing. No name calling please.
My point is, you can't believe evolution and then doubt the big bang..there's no middle ground..there is no observable study of evolution..NONE..an amoeba cannot evolve to become an eagle..it's not encoded in its dna to do so..but the sperm cell of man and an egg can form a baby with limbs, even thou they both started out as a single living cell..that's because they were DESIGNED to do that..

3 Likes

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Jokerman(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

Where u there when he was doing the breathing??
Moses that wrote the creation fiction in the book of Genesis was born thousand of years after in the book of Exodus,so how did mosco know and recorded the creation?

If u blab that he was directed by God,what did he write the first four bible books on?
Remember he had no paper ,he was in d wilderness .
God gave him commandments on stone tablet ,he didn't enter Canaan and no record of stone tablets where Moses wrote d books were said to have been carried over d River Jordan into Canaan

Africans think,thinnnk,, emancipate urselves,for how long will yall enslave ur minds with the white man' fabrication called bible

Lol.... You didn't know Joshua and Caleb carried them into Canaan ?? How do you think they were able to guide the people??

God's creation isn't fiction... It's real
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by dukeprince50: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

It still goes down to my question (by the way I know my living plant and animal cells diagram)..the question remains, what designed th3 mitochondrial organelles to give energy to the cell? What designed and made it exist? Just carbon? Carbon thought it out and made it exist? So carbon can now how the ability to think, design and create on its own?? Can't you see??
lol

During the cell division, mitochondria is formed by synthesis of its components by the cell using DNA from the mitochondria and DNA in chromosomes, which both carry genes coding for the synthesis and reproduction of it.
This is how much I know about mitochondria, I am not a biology student, I only read wide.
u can ask me things on physics, chemistry and the likes
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Niggmatic: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

My point is, you can't believe evolution and then doubt the big bang..there's no middle ground..there is no observable study of evolution..NONE..an amoeba cannot evolve to become an eagle..it's not encoded in its dna to do so..but the sperm cell of man and an egg can form a baby with limbs, even thou they both started out as a single living cell..that's because they were DESIGNED to do that..

Ok.
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by patrickjoshua(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
baba the guy is correct joo just Goan google it...
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by kingxsamz(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Jokerman:

God is the creator of science...

Okay grin
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by 77up(m): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
ProfDview1:
I talk matter wey be true true.. Se.un or mynd4.4 comot am.. They don't like anything dt will expose their flaws

Macsjebs is really doing great work

Explorers where are thou??

Very soon, we will make sure snake also goes into extinction..

I promise
amen to your prayer even though lalasticalala will not happy with it cheesy
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by dukeprince50: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

I admit, u must be one of those bright students in SS3 but see ehn, people u are arguing with are either graduates or in tertiary institution, even the points they give u suggest that.
Life is not about drawing plant and animal cells
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Xclusiveme: 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
100 millions years ago is really a long time. Was it during the time of adam or Before Adam, cos we are really in the year 2020
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Ochuksbaba(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol.... You didn't know Joshua and Caleb carried them into Canaan ?? How do you think they were able to guide the people??

lolzz,,,Joshua and K-leg u mean ,,can u prove it ?

If mere ten commandments can be written on a whole block of stone,,imagine how many blocks or tablets of stones will be needed to contain all four books allegedly written by Moses.

Yet d book of Joshua couldn't record how d stones we're carried across or safeguarded during the wars against the canaanites,,

It's all lies and mythical stories, nothing more

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
chatinent:
Reminds me of our tour to Snake Island and one of our crew members was saying 'let's go down and become adventurous' only for the support crew to reprimand us only if we wanted to get dead because every inch lives a snake.
brazil right?
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Ochuksbaba(m): 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
Jokerman:

Guide which people??
The same Joshua and Caleb whom the Gibeonites scammed .

So Queen Amina,Uthman Dan Fodio,King Napoleon ,Oba Ewuare 1st that ruled their people depended on a Bible shei?
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
pls you may quote to insult me, but the truth is I am hungry and I am an ulcer patient too, I cant steal because u will still condemn me, pls help your daughter with anything u have.
0010368892 emuka .c. Vivian Gtbank
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Anthropologist sef... 100 million years.
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Jokerman(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
Fucsheetup:

P.S The sun is a star.

I know what Nebula is i.e Orion etc...

Our bone of discussion is that God created everything, and not some supernova bullshit
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Jokerman(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

lolzz,,,Joshua and K-leg u mean ,,can u prove it ?

If mere ten commandments can be written on a whole block of stone,,imagine how many blocks or tablets of stones will be needed to contain all four books allegedly written by Moses.

Yet d book of Joshua couldn't record how d stones we're carried across or safeguarded during the wars against the canaanites,,

It's all lies and mythical stories, nothing more

Buh you believed Canaanites existed or even Egyptians or probably the red Sea grin

Just give it up bro.... You can do nothing except acknowledge God's word in the end, if you want to be truthful
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Jokerman(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

Guide which people??
The same Joshua and Caleb whom the Gibeonites scammed .

So Queen Amina,Uthman Dan Fodio,King Napoleon ,Oba Ewuare 1st that ruled their people depended on a Bible shei?

Israelites. God's chosen people...
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Jokerman(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Okay grin

The creation of man, light, the solar system..which is the basis of all science was made by God...hence, he's the author of science, and he gave man power to subdue(learn, adapt, invent, innovate) the Earth

1 Like

Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Jokerman(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Macsjebs:

But all through the Bible only cities and countries of whites mentioned na, why didn't nothing take place in any black nation when the Bible was written...the same whites gave you the Bible na and you believed without any inquiry

The Bible mentioned Ethiopia bro
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by chuklesley02(m): 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
ValCon888:
These animals were the real bad guys back in the day. Man was just a tasty snack like bush rat and life was like living in a nightmare.

Back then, a 40yr old man was considered a very old man because the mortality rate was so high.

If not for the Chicxulub Event, human beings (Homo Sapiens) would not be the Apex predator that they are today.
Who tell u, ABI u follow dey dat time?
Guy no believe everything oyibo man talk
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
dukeprince50:

lol

During the cell division, mitochondria is formed by synthesis of its components by the cell using DNA from the mitochondria and DNA in chromosomes, which both carry genes coding for the synthesis and reproduction of it.
This is how much I know about mitochondria, I am not a biology student, I only read wide.
u can ask me things on physics, chemistry and the likes
It's OK if you read it online (infact all
Knowledge seeking human is advised to do that)..but the more one answers the questions concerning the single living cell in an animal the more the big bang theory and evolution falls apart..the building block of all living, or rather the living code of all living thing is the deoxyribonucleic acid chain...surely this chain or code wasn't written by an inanimate event...ALL living things have it...and it's that code that makes a single living cell to become a tilapia fish in the end..how did that code come about? A random one in a billion billion billion billion explosion?? I don't think so bro..
Re: Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
supercase1:

Fossil and DNA evidence can last for hundreds and millions of yrs u aren't a scientist hence I can't blame you
wait a minute. I'm a scientist and well informed but there are some claims which are unsubstantiated. We all know how DNA works and if you're also a scientist, you'd know...no better from Gregor Mendel's days up to the Huntington era. Talking of hundreds of thousands of years ago is a joke, not to mention a million years

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Wonders Of Science. / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.