Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

My Wedding Day - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Wedding Day (408 Views)

My Wedding Night: A Flash Fiction / My Wedding Day (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Wedding Day by Oluwainnie(f): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
It was my wedding eve. I was too excited to sleep.
'I'll soon be a Mrs' and I smiled sheepishly at the thought of that. Michael and I are finally walking down the aisle after one year of courting. A simple compliment of his matching tie and suit at the banking hall had blossomed into a beautiful love story. He was all I ever needed in a man.
I strolled out to watch the women at different corners doing one thing or the other, chattering happily. They were all mum's friends and they had turn up en masse to support her. Mum had disagreed with the idea of getting a caterer. Looking at the women helping out, I realized it was a wise decision.
'Well-done ma'am I greeted as I knelt in respect
. 'Ha, Iyawo... You're still up', one of the women asked
I smiled walked as I walked towards the men preparing the meat. 'Here, have some peppersoup ' my brother said as he stretched his spoon to me. 'So this is what you guys are enjoying' I teased as I returned his spoon back. With a piece of meat in my hand, I returned back to my room to sleep.
It's my wedding day I announced to no one in particular as I stretched. My girls had finally arrived and we're chattering all at the same time.
'Your nail is so fine' Ann said as she admired my fingers.
'Wait till you see my hair' I said all smiles like a two year old kid that just won a pack of biscuits. I headed to the bathroom to have my bath, so I could start dressing up.
Awwwwwww, see my pretty baby girl mum said as she walked into the room. The make up artist had did a good job on my face. I twirled round in excitement and showed off the flow of my dress. They all chorused at the same time ' here comes the bride, all dressed in white... '
'Ain't you ladies ready, it's getting late'. 'The pastor won't wait for you so hurry up and let's get going dad announced.
'You look breathtaking dear' dad said as he came closet and gave me a hug.
I'm expecting you ladies out in the next five minutes he said as he walked out.
I felt so lucky as I walked down the aisle. I had parents that loved and cared for me. Siblings that were annoyingly loving, friends that mattered and now I was about tying the knot with the best man in the world. I blushed underneath my veil.
'... If any man show any just cause why this two may not be lawfully joined together, let him speak, or thereafter hold his peace.... I therefore pronounce you husband and wife'.
'You may now kiss your bride' The pastor announced, I blushed...

'Open your eyes, open your eyes' 'You're running late for work'.
Re: My Wedding Day by chatinent: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2020
Next.
Re: My Wedding Day by franchuks(m): 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
Waiting

(1) (Reply)

WHEN WORDS HURT- How To Heal From Hurtful Words / The Fatherly Rape / My Unknown Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.