Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals (45677 Views)

Girl Dies After Mother Absconded With N3m Donated For Her Brain Surgery / COVID-19 Patient Who Absconded In Kebbi, Is Dead / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by tivity101: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2020
When these Doctors dey take oath them no plan am say something like covik one nine birus go show up. No be their fault almost all of them get their private center.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by kristo123: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2020
if it is not coronavirus then what is it... hope this is not a new virus outbreak.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2020
chyka33:

If you don't have anything to offer, then shut the Bleep up mtf
What are you suffering from
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by afecgivers: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2020
honestprofits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-H3iFEcNlc

70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded, Analyst Reveals

https://mobile.twitter.com/channelstv/status/1254876016419508226

Walahi! I rather turn a mechanic instead of practicing as a frontline Doctor in Kano under Lunatic Ganduje.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

How many countries provide those incentives you speak of? Very few countries actually. Very few can afford to so stop the whining
Truth is even if they supply those things I swear they wont do the job. The reason most of them went into practice is to make money and enjoy the privileges that come with it . A man who is committed to his craft wont hold the lives of others to ransom.
I want to believe you have a day job you do. I want to assume you do that job in hope of getting a better life for yourself and family. Now what exactly is your point. Ordinary life insurance we don't have for our health workers. Even health insurance is not a given for them. Yet we have some people who push files around in NNPC, FIRS etc who earn handsomely. Think na.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Sparrow99(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Very lawless and reckless bunch... If their leaders or doctors can not help them, they should call all jihadists for rescue mission home.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2020
tunary:
This is touching. I hardly give but this makes me want to give out the little i have, BUT I still can't give online because fraudsters are very smart
everyone is not a fraud, pls help
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by TheKingIsHere: 9:30am On Apr 28, 2020
tunary:
This is touching. I hardly give but this makes me want to give out the little i have, BUT I still can't give online because fraudsters are very smart

My brother, fraudsters are very smart especially in Nigeria.

Don't be surprised that she might be eating fried chicken with yogurt right now but telling you online that she and her children hasn't eaten for 2 weeks. I have had several encounters with them

Fear Naija online beggars o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by leggybaba(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2020
Jaa pa jaa pa
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Sarah20A(f): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

My sentiments too! smiley

Greedy and arrogant Nigerian doctors think every day would be Christmas when they would be taking advantage of poor, vulnerable individuals! Now they've been called upon to live up to their hypocratic oath more than ever before, they've all scaled the back fence and gone AWOL! smiley
I don't think Nigeria doctors are what you described them...everything is messed up in this country and we the citizens are living in denial.

I also don't think doctors are needed in Kano state,what they need is imams and muslims scholars that will conduct verbal autopsy since they don't want doctors to do their job

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by blowjohn(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

They didn't know all this when they signed up for the job abi?

When the going was good and they were coining in the money....no wahala! But the moment shi't hits the fan and they're called upon to live up to their oaths and save lives, all of a sudden they remember they have poor conditions of service and renumeration, and proceed to leg it like Usain Bolt!

The going was never good
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by freeze001(f): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2020
This is not the fault or failure of doctors. Remuneration and hazard pay is next to nothing; the state government is still in denial as to what is really going on; the state and federal governments are unable to keep the COVID-19 NCDC testing centre up and running, meaning tests are not being conducted so there is no way to figure what the heck is going on; medical practitioners are not provided with sufficient PPE, equipment and welfare rendering work conditions most unsuitable! None of these are in the hands of the medical doctors/practitioners to fix so can you really blame them?

Even the arrogant ones you refer to get away with such attitudes because of lack of monitoring and failure again by the government to provide basics, incompetence is overlooked while religion, nepotism/connections still play major roles! Once the environment is conducive for madness, it will thrive and the failed governments at all levels are responsible for providing and maintaining the right working environment!
XANDERBOY85:

Greedy and arrogant Nigerian doctors think every day would be Christmas when they would be taking advantage of poor, vulnerable individuals! Now they've been called upon to live up to their hypocratic oath more than ever before, they've all scaled the back fence and gone AWOL! smiley
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by freeze001(f): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2020
While serving as medical personnel, they have always complained about these issues hence the incessant strikes! That is why some of them go behind and open private practices further weakening the public health sector because they also need to make ends meet. Which money are you even referring to that they were rolling in? It certainly amounts to nothing when they are now exposed to a deadly virus like what we have today and there is no safety net.
Why do you think thousands of Nigerian doctors have left the shores of Nigeria to work abroad?

XANDERBOY85:

When the going was good and they were coining in the money....no wahala! But the moment shi't hits the fan and they're called upon to live up to their oaths and save lives, all of a sudden they remember they have poor conditions of service and renumeration, and proceed to leg it like Usain Bolt!
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by blowjohn(m): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

When was that time in Nigeria "when the going was good" for Nigerian doctors and "they were coining money"??
Most of you are very annoyingly ignorant, poorly informed and unreasonable!
So, people that are getting 5,000 naira as hazard allowance per month to attend to those with HIV, HBV, HCV, Lassa fever, Ebola, TB, etc and now Covid 19, are "coining" money??
Do you know most of your hospitals don't even have ordinary face masks and gloves, let alone PPE kits, for those health workers to make use of while attending to the patients with the above listed infectious diseases, inspite of the very low home pay?
If they have been "coining" money, why then do you think most of us have traveled out, with many more planning to join?
You must be a very senseless and insensitive fellow.

I agree completely. An a doctor and I can tell that senseless goat that our hospitals are nothing to write home about.
A few years ago, I read here how Kano commissioned a state of the art hospital. Where r the staff that should be handling things in such a state of the art hospital?
Last last when things go out of hand, na to go into business.
Ordinary theatres in hospitals have turned to eyesores.
By now, even nurses ,who are usually the first point of call should be wearing ppes when taking vital signs cos health risks have increased over decades.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by francdec4(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2020
Did u train in a university in Rives state?

ChybuzzDD:

When was that time in Nigeria "when the going was good" for Nigerian doctors and "they were coining money"??
Most of you are very annoyingly ignorant, poorly informed and unreasonable!
So, people that are getting 5,000 naira as hazard allowance per month to attend to those with HIV, HBV, HCV, Lassa fever, Ebola, TB, etc and now Covid 19, are "coining" money??
Do you know most of your hospitals don't even have ordinary face masks and gloves, let alone PPE kits, for those health workers to make use of while attending to the patients with the above listed infectious diseases, inspite of the very low home pay?
If they have been "coining" money, why then do you think most of us have traveled out, with many more planning to join?
You must be a very senseless and insensitive fellow.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by zedegit: 9:43am On Apr 28, 2020
honestprofits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-H3iFEcNlc

70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded, Analyst Reveals

https://mobile.twitter.com/channelstv/status/1254876016419508226

I am surprised it wasn't 100%. How do you see the fact that someone is in the river drowning, you reached out a hand to help but the mofo tried to pull you inside too.

I heard phrases like "Bah Corona". These were the people that fought security operatives for telling them to stop mass gathering, some washed their hands and drank the water. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by tunary(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2020
neonly:
Hahahaha
L O L You dey laugh too
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

First the Kano govt denies that there is serious trouble as regards the pandemic. 2nd there is no testing in Kano. 3rd there are no protective equipment. Now tell me what they should do in these circumstances before opening your mouth to talk rubbish.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 28, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

So they should die for your useless Politicians??
Which money do they make... Your useless Politicians make in a sitting what the Doctors make in a year!!
And you super Hypocrite, tell me, can you die for Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by membranus: 9:55am On Apr 28, 2020
Wizikal:
Nairalandland and rumors flock together

Both are Romeo and Juliet. They passionately love each other.

NL & Rumours = Ecstasy
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by 77up(m): 9:56am On Apr 28, 2020
PDJT:
-They have gone to work for Melinda Gates. grin

-Now let the disease spreads! The Zoo must fall!
Insecurity at it's peak undecided

Mourn your Lord and savior in peace now tongue
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Basher8583: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
I dont blame them.

Who wan die on top useless APC government

So it's actually about
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2020
whixstan:
No more free salary shey dey done see work now they run almost almost all professionals in Nigeria are all in their various professions today not because of the passion but because of the money in it most especially our police force zero IQ on how to do things professionally we just be doing things anyhow
Hypocrite, can you die for useless Nigerian Politicians??
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by julybaba(m): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2020
All is well
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by YesBoss1(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2020
[Have you read the oath you are talking about? People just write rubbish withouy thinking. You expect them to expose themselves to the deadly virus without the use if appropriate protective gear, to what end. There is no oath anywhere that a doctor should sacrifice his or her life for any patient, rather they are to consider their own health and wellbeing first before attending to sick people. Go online and read the oath before advertising your ignorance.

quote author=XANDERBOY85 post=88930040]

Greedy and arrogant Nigerian doctors think every day would be Christmas when they would be taking advantage of poor, vulnerable individuals! Now they've been called upon to live up to their hypocratic oath more than ever before, they've all scaled the back fence and gone AWOL! smiley[/quote]
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2020
onyxo76:
with all the way those docs abroad are kit up when treating covid patients and still some die or get infected, you now want a doc here with nylon aprons, face mask and hand gloves to confront the same thing killing his friends in USA abi..what a joke. i no blame them for running away. you sef fit face boko haram with dane gun.
or face Boko Haram with Kung Fu skills shocked
That's suicide!!!
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by YesBoss1(m): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2020
whixstan:
No more free salary shey dey done see work now they run almost almost all professionals in Nigeria are all in their various professions today not because of the passion but because of the money in it most especially our police force zero IQ on how to do things professionally we just be doing things anyhow

Go and volunteer to help care for covid19 patients without protective equipment. Make your you expose yourself o. Ode
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by mzhannie(f): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2020
25k just for the month of April not all through the pandemic
Gap2020:
. They're not greedy. When the leaders are not ready to give the necessary support but keep politicising their lives instead of taking prompt actions. Lagos governor increased the health workers allowance from 5k to 25k during this pandemic but we are yet to hear any development from Ganduje.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by tuniski: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2020
PDJT:
-They have gone to work for Melinda Gates. grin

-Now let the disease spreads! The Zoo must fall!
Trash.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2020
francdec4:
Did u train in a university in Rives state?

No, I was trained in a university in Ocean state. Lol. "Rivers" state would have been too small for me. I like Oceans.
Re: 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals by mindtricks: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2020
When the thing is getting started?
I pity our situation if we should somehow get to that real full blown state of mass deaths from Covid-19. I wonder how our leaders deserve all praise and worship constantly being showered on them by our sychophantic apologists who lack the courage to speak the truth. They are quick to forget if we go down the deadly path, we are all going down together. Rather baffling that occasions like this like real leaders use them as opportunity to display their ability to deal with situations, but ours use them as opportunities to further loot and to clear every doubt every doubt how clueless they are.
Anyone who really knows how Nigeria is run knows loyalty and patriotism are alien to our system. Those at frontline are always left to do their job with maximum risk and least protection possible, yet we claim we are serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Barber Dies From Poison After Vomiting Blood (Pix) / 25 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Total Of 217 Cases / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.