Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers (42186 Views)

Ephraim Inyangeye Shares COVID-19 Palliative As Christmas Gifts (Photos) / Stay Indoors, Don’t Kill Us All – Nigerian Man Warns As He Shares COVID-19 Curve / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by ahmedkoded95(m): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Mohammed Abubakar, son of Nigeria’s former vice-president, has recovered from COVID-19 after spending 40 days in the hospital.

In March, his father had announced that one of his sons tested positive for the disease after he returned from Switzerland.

In a statement on Monday, Mohammed said his experience as a COVID-19 patient humbled him as he never thought he would be one of those infected.

“I, Mohammed Atiku Abubakar, wish to inform Nigerians that I have finally been cleared and discharged after 40 days of coronavirus (Covid19) treatment,” he said.

“My discharge could not have come at a better time than in the Ramadan, a season marked by sacrifice and supplication to the Almighty Allah.

“I thank the Almighty Allah for my recovery from the dreaded infection and also wish to express my sincerest and deepest appreciation to Nigerians for their prayers and goodwill while I was being treated.

“In the course of life, we have no idea of what will happen to us because only the Almighty God knows our future. When the coronavirus first broke out in faraway China, I had no idea that I might be one of those to be infected. This is one of the everlasting lessons I can’t forget for the rest of my life. Indeed, I have been humbled by this experience.”

He hailed the federal ministry of health and other frontline health workers for their sacrifices and professionalism during this period.

Mohammed said the pandemic revealed the weakness in “our health sector” and brought the poor and the powerful to a common level.

“The coronavirus has caught the world off guard and sent us reeling for solutions. It also reveals the weaknesses of our health systems in the developing world. It’s an eye-opening experience for Nigeria and other developing nations,” he said.

“Thanks to coronavirus outbreak, we are now coming to terms with the necessity of adequate funding of our healthcare system. This disease has brought the rich, the poor and the powerful to a common level. This is the time our policymakers should reset our national priorities and give our health system adequate attention. No investment in our health sector is too much.

“No less important, our policymakers should also adequately fund research in vaccines and other drugs because of the uncertainties and challenges like the coronavirus. Once again, thank you for your support and prayers, may Allah show up for you at your appointed time of need.”

https://www.thecable.ng/i-recovered-after-40-days-treatment-atikus-son-shares-covid-19-experience/amp

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Stone123(m): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
good

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by GamalNasser: 11:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
NIGERIANS are genuinely happy and thankful about your recovery ..Godspeed

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Cameroonglass(m): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
Third to comment, one day I will get there,,, well done Atiku junior

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
Speak for yourself dude, most Nigerians are trying to survive the day.

135 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Kamani8: 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2020
I rejoice with you and your family. Congrats

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by profnigga(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2020
oku ewu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by yyba: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
he recovered from coronavirus, that means their is treatments for the Virus ?

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by padi94(m): 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Thank God you did

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by koxyz: 5:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Narrow escape , na God save you.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by ogawriter(m): 5:19am On Apr 28, 2020
Only the living can give testimonies.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Slawormir: 5:19am On Apr 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by ebironmi(f): 5:20am On Apr 28, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by roqrules04(m): 5:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Alhadulillah for his recovery

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by ignis: 5:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Thank God for the swift recovery. Oga, Go straight to the point. Nigerians are hungry and can't read long articles at the moment.

By the way, when are you doing giveaway to celebrate your recovery ?

9 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by ironheart(m): 5:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Thought they where denying it. Problem shared is half solved. Thank God for quick recovery
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by erai30(m): 5:22am On Apr 28, 2020
You are very lucky.... Go and sin no more for the Lord is on your side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by wonuks(m): 5:23am On Apr 28, 2020
shocked
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by lmm4real: 5:24am On Apr 28, 2020
This guy na really daddy's Boy undecided
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by AgentGoat: 5:24am On Apr 28, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

Speak for yourself dude, most Nigerians are trying to survive the day.
stop being livid unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by BecomeALandLord(m): 5:24am On Apr 28, 2020
The health sector has been very weak for decades.
It needs a total revamp.

Welcome back Mo' Atiku.

Contact us for genuine lands and houses within estates.
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by kolakolex: 5:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Congrats
I love ❤️ he part where he said he is humbled. This pandemic has brought both the rich and the poor to thesame level. May Almighty Allah ease our affairs and allow this pandemic to vanish within the shortest period.
The poor are getting poorer while the rich are loosing alot of money....we all have alot to learn from this pandemic

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Quicktimerz(m): 5:26am On Apr 28, 2020
I hope he has learnt his lessons
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Goldencheese(m): 5:26am On Apr 28, 2020
This is how all Nigerians will soon celebrate the end of this evil pandemic which has claimed the lives of many innocent compatriots and citizens of the world. We shall come out of this challenge, stronger and better as a people in Jesus' name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Eriggs: 5:27am On Apr 28, 2020
I thank God for your life Mohammed
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by Eriggs: 5:28am On Apr 28, 2020
GamalNasser:
That is True. Only pigs and animals will be happy about the death of another human.
Those are the kind of pigs happy about the death of Abba Kyari. Foolish people.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by abbeylli(m): 5:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Well said Mo
Re: Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers by MoIbrahim: 5:30am On Apr 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Please o, Nigerians are only talking about prolonged lockdown and lack of food

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zungeru Hydropower DAM In Niger State Completed / Ben Bruce Apologizes To Unilag Students / Nigerians React To Dalung’s Absence From Buhari’s Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.