Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Convid-19: Why Are We Not Talking About This Possible Cure? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Convid-19: Why Are We Not Talking About This Possible Cure? (267 Views)

Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? / Remdesivir:possible Cure For Covid 19 / Breaking: The 1st Convid-19 Case Is Confirm In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convid-19: Why Are We Not Talking About This Possible Cure? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 28, 2020
I saw a video of a guy inhaling the vapour from a cooked herb saying it cure the virus(I laugh at it sha) but I later ponder on it, since the virus stay in the lungs, to get ethanol or high percentage of alcohol to the body system is sucidal, since the aim is to get rid of the virus, can't we have expert work in that direction of getting some medicine to cure the virus maybe through an inhaler, smoker damage their lung through smoking, that means the smoke flames make it way to the lung, why can't we find a substitute,(in form of an inhaler) just to get the cure to the lung, I learnt the virus isnt powerful, what could make 70% ethanol or alcohol and 30% H2O kill this virus on surface, it not strong like that.
Re: Convid-19: Why Are We Not Talking About This Possible Cure? by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2020
awhybliss:
I saw a video of a guy inhaling the vapour from a cooked herb saying it cure the virus(I laugh at it sha) but I later ponder on it, since the virus stay in the lungs, to get ethanol or high percentage of alcohol to the body system is sucidal, since the aim is to get rid of the virus, can't we have expert work in that direction of getting some medicine to cure the virus maybe through an inhaler, smoker damage their lung through smoking, that means the smoke flames make it way to the lung, why can't we find a substitute,(in form of an inhaler) just to get the cure to the lung, I learnt the virus isnt powerful, what could make 70% ethanol or alcohol and 30% H2O kill this virus on surface, it not strong like that.
I remember a course I take then, pathology, although it about effect and cause of diseases, but I remember clearly about a lecturer during our Lab class emphasizes on immunization, he explains that the reason we haven't have HIV vaccine is because nobody immune system has been able to fight the virus, that's why there's no vaccine till date, he also explain some process then (it's been a while have forgotten some) that cells cannot contract "thesame"virus twice after been immuned to the the virus, unless if it's another virus from the same family,..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Convid-19: Why Are We Not Talking About This Possible Cure? by dawnomike(m): 8:34am On Apr 28, 2020
awhybliss:

I remember a course I take then, pathology, although it about effect and cause of diseases, but I remember clearly about a lecturer during our Lab class emphasizes on immunization, he explains that the reason we haven't have HIV vaccine is because nobody immune system has been able to fight the virus, that's why there's no vaccine till date, he also explain some process then (it's been a while have forgotten some) that cells cannot contract "thesame"virus twice after been immuned to the the virus, unless if it's another virus from the same family,..
You are right... Immunization is the best way to prevent a viral disease as there's hardly a cure except for in few cases; recovery from viral disseases is mostly boosted by your immune system
Covid-19 seems to be a new strand of virus that can re-infect though... I still kind of believe vaccination is the solution rather than an outright curative drug.

1 Like

Re: Convid-19: Why Are We Not Talking About This Possible Cure? by ozome15(m): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2020
The Democratic Republic of Congo, Senegal and Guinea-Bissau are amongst the first African countries to place their orders for the anti-coronavirus remedy locally manufactured in Madagascar called Covid-Organics.

DRC President Felix Tshisekedi in an interview said the Covid-Organics was an African solution and African should take pride in it, Africa needs to make mean with what we have and what we have is Covid-Organics.

Felix Tshisekedi said he intends to plead with the other states of African Union (AU), that the black continent must reply on its scientists, on it own products in this epidemiological war.

Senegal President Macky Sall congratulated the good news coming from Madagascar, saying Senegal will also order the traditional remedy to be used in their fight against COVID-19.

"We will be ready to acquire per the production in Madagascar," he said.

"I think it would be a great honour for all of Africa to know that one of our countries among our most beautiful and magnificent continent, a global solution can come out;" continues the Senegalese president.

Umaro Sissoco Embaló, Guinea-Bissau President on a video conference call Madagascar president said he will send a plane "load the first cargoes".

He is the third African leaders to support the product.

"We African must believe in Africa," he said.

"There is no longer a question of economic or military power. God gave us medical plants to save the world," he added.

Apart from the local benefit to the citizens of Madagascar, the government's vision to save the world from the effects devastating of the coronavirus by exporting it to the rest of the world.

So far, three African presidents, that of the Democratic Republic of Congo, that of Senegal and Guinea Bissau joined the initiative

The use of Covid-Organics still faces opposition, the National Academy of Medicine of Madagascar (ANAMEM), maintains that it is a drug whose scientific evidence is not yet elucidated and risks damaging the health of the population, in particular, that of children.

China and South Korea have been reported to have their presence in Madagascar concerning Covid-Organics.

https://newsinfive.co.za/article.php?article=1309&&blog=African%20Countries%20ordering%20Madagascar%27s%20Covid-Organics%20remedy%20to%20fight%20COVID-19

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case / What You Need To Do To Keep Your Face Away From Pimples / Very Important Information On COVID19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.