Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,583 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case (292 Views)

Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors / Israel To Impose Second Covid-19 Lockdown / Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by Officialhorlah(m): 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
- Adamawa state has recorded its second case of COVID-19

- The second person is a medical doctor from in Mubi, in the northern part of the state

- Governor Fintiri expressed worry that the state may have entered the community transmission stage as the doctor has had contacts with many people in the course of discharging his duties

Adamawa state has recorded a second COVID-19 case, Governor Ahmadu Fintiri has announced in a broadcast on Tuesday, April 28.

According to him, the second person is a medical doctor from in Mubi, in the northern part of the state.

The Nation reports that Governor Fintiri said out of the eight samples the state had pending at the NCDC Referral Lab in Abuja, one turned out positive, six are negative and one is still pending.

“With this, I regret to announce that we now have 2 COVID-19 Confirmed Cases in Adamawa state.

“What is striking about this case is the fact that it is not linked to the index case. Last week, we sent 8 samples to Abuja. 5 were direct contacts of the index case as traced; while 3 were new suspicious cases who were showing symptoms.

“Having an additional case in the state is truly worrisome. More disturbing is the fact that the victim is a medical doctor in one of our hospitals in Mubi, who must have had contact with many people in the course of discharging his duties lawfully," the Adamawa governor said.

He said the situation called for that task of tracing those who have had contact with the doctor, expressing worry that the state "may be sliding into the most dangerous phase of the pandemic, which is community transmission of the virus."

Adamawa's index case is a returnee from Kano.

Governor Fintiri called for more caution by way of stricter adherence to safety regulations and obedience to lockdown restrictions.

He assured the people that his government would continue to be its best in addressing the situation and urged them to hope for the best and not to despair.

https://www.legit.ng/1324971-coronavirus-adamawa-records-second-covid-19-case.html
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by IceLip: 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
after every every last month, hmm Jah Jah pls help us
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by GodPunishCorona: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by Raymeskey: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
Counting have started
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by JayB11(m): 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
Raymeskey:
Counting have started

Hold yourself there stupid. Nothing has started.
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by Raymeskey: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
JayB11:

Hold yourself there stupid. Nothing has started.

For your mind now you have said something ryt?

Now tell me how do you feel now that you have said rubbish.
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by JayB11(m): 4:03am On Apr 29, 2020
Raymeskey:

For your mind now you have said something ryt?

Now tell me how do you feel now that you have said rubbish.

I am not asserting that i said something right.....but you should by now must have known how it feels if your evil wish is been rebuked.

Thank you sir.
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by onyotakom: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2020
God save your children.

On the other hand, hunger is a bastard... Pls help save a starving brother in this lock down? Nothing is too small.

Access Bank

Thanks in advance, God bless.
Re: Coronavirus: Adamawa Records Second COVID-19 Case by Raymeskey: 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
JayB11:

I am not asserting that i said something right.....but you should by now must have known how it feels if your evil wish is been rebuked.

Thank you sir.

Mutcheew....
Which evil wish n wish rebuke
If this is how wishes work Nigeria would have be a better place: there wouldn't have be a bad governance and Witches.

They there dey deceive yourself.

abeg I get better things to attend to. Stay off my quote

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: NMA Donates 500 Improvised Face Masks To Hospitals In Kogi Contin / 10 Doctors Contract COVID-19 In Kano Teaching Hospital / NCDC; Fleeing Kogi State, Not An Achievement, Exposing Kogites To Heatlh Haz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.