Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,288 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Maintaining The Hedge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maintaining The Hedge (199 Views)

New Series: Keeping It Real: Maintaining Equilibrium / Maintaining The Fire Of Corporate Prayers / Maintaining The Fire Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maintaining The Hedge by goodshepherd123(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2020
Capsule of liberty
Daily devotional

Date : Tuesday 28-04-2020.

Theme : Maintaining the hedge

Read :Job 1 vs 10

Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

Memory verse :

Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Yesterday we learnt that the hedge around us could be removed by God,when we are unfruitful and disobedient. Although the edge around job was removed because of trials, but before the trials job maintained the hedge by fearing God,uprightness,and hating evil. However, our focus is to look at two things we can learn from job,so that we can maintain the hedge around us.

1. Job was an intercessor:
To intercede simply means to pray on the behalf of someone.And job was fond of doing this continually. God is often looking for someone to stand in the gap of behalf of another so that he can stop the destroyer. How often do you stand in the gap for your spouse, children,nation ,leaders?

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job CONTINUALLY.

2. He hates evil: It was recorded that job hates EVIL. There is difference between hating evil and tolerating evil. We must understand that we are to hate evil,it must be tolerated.
Proverb 17 vs 13: Whoso rewardeth evil for good,evil shall not depart from his house.
Rewarding evil for good can break the hedge around us but by consistently doing good to those who are doing evil to us the hedge will be maintained.
Furthermore, the Bible says in

James 4vs 17: Therefore to him that knoweth to good and doeth it not ,to him it is a sin.

Doing good include being kind to our neighbor,rembering the poor and also preaching the gospel and warning all and sundry that the trumpet will soon sound,while refusal to preach the gospel will mean we know what is good and we are not doing it.

Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

In conclusion, if you have not given your life to Christ, there is no hedge around you. Come to Jesus today.

Assignment :
1. Share the gospel consistently.
2. Always stand in the gap for you friends and family.

Prayer points :
1. Father help so that I can please you today in Jesus name.
2. Father if the hedge around has been broken by your mercy sustain me in Jesus name.

Written by:
Dcn Oluwaleye Akinboyewa
God bless you all.

(1) (Reply)

Eating Your Fiancée Food During Ramadan! / The Man TB Joshua / What You Never Knew About Nairaland Religion Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.