Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) (5440 Views)

UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) / A Final-year Medical Student Who Turned Food Vendor During ASUU Strike Is Dead / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by ebukajay184: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2020
Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online To Pay Tuition Fees (Photos)

IgbereTV reports that Chigbu-Jonah Chimamaka, a final-year medical student of Bowen University in Iwo, Osun state, has taken to her Twitter handle to plead for help to help her raise the sum of N4.6 million to enable her graduate from medical school.

She explained that she had to embark on this fundraising mission because her father could no longer foot her bills since he retired from the civil service.

On March 8, she tweeted that she has been able to raise N1.8m out of the N6m she is owes.

Fundraising for school fees for Chigbu-Jonah Chimamaka is still going on. We have been able to raise 1.8 million naira with 4.2 million naira to go common people let's not tire donate today to GtB 0502293646 to save a career. Let's do this!!!!
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1236898020479897601?s=19

However on April 28, she said she has been able to raise the sum of N200,000 out of the outstanding N4.8m.

Good morning wonderful so far so good 200 thousand naira has been raised, wow God be praised so it 4.6 million naira to go. God bless us all. Fundraising account is still. Gt bank 0502293646
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1254983911253446656?s=19

Read her other tweets below

Good morning all. First of all I would like to appreciate you all for taking the time to read through my post. Secondly please I am not trying to deceive anybody I am a medical student that transferred from biochemistry after my first year after having a GPA above 4.5
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1254721922648113154?s=19

Hi my name is chigbu-jonah Chimamaka a final year medical student of Bowen university Iwo osun state. I am appealing to anyone reading this, fundraising for my fees to raise the sum of 4.8 million naira is still on and every contribution would go a long way to save my career
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1254428279609733122?s=19

Please as the Lord touches your heart please help me realize bring my dream to life by helping offset the 4.8 million naira I owe. Every contribution makes a difference. Please this is not a scam. My details are in the pic below. Ac/no Gtb 0502293646. God bless you.
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1254428283887910913?s=19

I apologize for the inconvenience and promise to get it fixed. Thank you all so much. God bless you
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1254721938544525314?s=19

Trust me if I had known things would get this bad I would have dropped out four years ago and done something else with my life. Thirdly concerning the locked DM trust me I don't even know how to manipulate twitter not to speak of locking my DM.
https://twitter.com/ChigbuJonah/status/1254721935491108864?s=19

A copy of the letter she shared on Twitter reads: “You are being advised to pay up all your outstanding indebtedness failing which you will be precluded from writing the forthcoming examinations.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1349337/final-year-medical-student-seeks-help-n4-6m-pay-tuition-fees-photos/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Abboki: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2020
shocked
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by omonnakoda: 9:03am On Apr 28, 2020
She should get a loan
Very annoying
Must you study medicine
Must you go to private University?
Rubbish!

On average a doctor in the US graduates with a debt of $200000.
In the UK it is about $100000
Our own doctors who train in public universities arrive there having trained at public expense in Nigeria with zero debt even better off than the Americans as they have no debt.

Medicine is a financially rewarding profession, borrow

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2020
shocked
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by DanseMacabre(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2020
Ah fit swear say na nairalander she be. undecided

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by KingAzubuike(f): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2020
That's why you should thrive to study these courses in a federal university. Federal schools are extremely cheap. Medical students pay as low as 25k or even less per session. Your own mission is to just read and pass.

13 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by zeenaman: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2020
This money will train approximately 15 medical doctors in federal universities. What is she thinking?

8 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by zera(m): 10:58am On Apr 28, 2020
Good luck to her....personally nothing beats studying in a federal university in Nigeria.I can remember vividly I paid nothing less than 100k during my four year sojourn.

Advice to her: Collect a loan, medicine is a financial rewarding profession, when through she can easily pay it back.

7 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Zino990(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2020
This one nah big scam, where school Dey function this corona period
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Kingrexyl(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Hilarious
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Olude193: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2020
Same Doctor that will still leave Nigeria to go work in the States, Canada or Europe

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by espn(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2020
No be only raise...Like I spent that throughout my 4 years in the university...That money is enough to send 5 children to school from primary to university... I guess they clone people in your own medical school...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by ednut1(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2020
This one get as he be. Why go to private uni. Humans generally love to do pass them selves. I had a relative who sent his son to afe babalola and na him siblings abroad he dey ask for money. Senseless i must say

2 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Begon(m): 11:53am On Apr 28, 2020
All these comments, it's quite unfortunate that many think in like manner and fail to get insight. She is appealing for funds, definitely she knows all this that you have mentioned but still summoned the courage to ask for help. If she didn't have the financial capabilities would she have ventured in that line? There was a major setback and she's now at this stage, if you want to provide help please do and if not, don't discourage others.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Begon(m): 11:54am On Apr 28, 2020
Before you say things, endeavor not to think superficially. Like minds will support you and you'll be deceived into thinking you are a sage till you are also faced with life challenges. I will also take the time to reply some silly comments.

@KingAzubuike, I'd assume you are medically inclined from your username, but common...mission is to read and pass? Can your colleagues or proper medical doctors that have students that graduated from these institutions corroborate your claims? Or are there any statistics that show that products of these institutions are sub-par? Refrain from unhealthy dislike...

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2020
KingAzubuike:
That's why you should thrive to study these courses in a federal university. Federal schools are extremely cheap. Medical students pay as low as 25k or even less per session. Your own mission is to just read and pass.
its more than that dis dayz especially schools in the south
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by DaraGPH: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
See, y'all should just keep praying that nothing hits your finance...all this your English will enter somewhere. I know this lady's family...things became bad for them suddenly and haven't returned to normalcy.

Most times bad days aren't projected. What helps other people solely is their support system. If she could get a loan, she wouldn't go to Twitter to ask for money.

If there's anything you can do to help(other than mean words), please do.

@zino990 saying this is Corona period...please check the date on the letter the school sent to her. Generally many people don't want to lend people money for good feats. They'd rather lend you their whole house if it's for funeral. This is the world we live in.

9 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Timileyin1234(m): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
Na federal sch I go
After u don graduate with our money, u go come Nairaland come dey blow grama for us any time we do small thing

6 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Begon(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Leemao, I don't understand this prejudice. Is it only the guys that go to public institutions that contribute to the public funds? The fellows from private institutions also contribute heavily but in return do they have access to this public funds for development of ther institution and futherance of education? Don't discriminate just because some take different paths, we are all human alike and our path will definitely cross in life's sojourn. If you can't help financially, pray for them.

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by TheFacelessMan: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
shocked

May we never find ourselves in such a position.

Begging to earn a degree is in my own opinion not dignifying at all.

Except she's shameless, she might have cause to remember this in regret.

2 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
That's cool 6 milli..
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by omonnakoda: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

May we never find ourselves in such a position.

Begging to earn a degree is in my own opinion not dignifying at all.

Except she's shameless, she might have cause to remember this in regret.
better than stealing or prostitution.
I don't agree with the approach but I see nothing shameful in it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by TheFacelessMan: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
shocked
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Begon(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
What do you mean begging to get a degree? If we considered ourselves human, you wouldn't call this act shameless. She is appealing for funds to complete her education, simple. I'm sure she will find helpers and I pray it's not in people that keep reminding of every good gesture. Remember this in regret? Because she received help to complete her education? I'm not sure how that should cause regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by TheFacelessMan: 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
omonnakoda:
better than stealing or prostitution.
I don't agree with the approach but I see nothing shameful in it

I see.
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by bestabigaelever(f): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
She got some nerves
For her to beg with her pic all over the net, I must commend her... 90% will insults her
I can't even beg boyfriend for money

I pray she finds help

7 Likes

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by eyinjuege: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
Wow, that's a lot of money.
She could have changed to a public university when her parents realised they couldn't pay anymore.
I'm sure that is the fee for several sessions
Perhaps she could have an arrangement with the school for them to start taking certain amount out of her salary monthly after graduation.
She should be able to get a job quickly in Nigeria , considering Drs are scarce and there is a high turnover rate for them
Many of those she is begging money from cannot afford private university for their own children.
I wish her luck.

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by stanisbaratheon: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Before you lambaste her just know this, she could be the doctor treating you tomorrow. Just know that.

1 Like

Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Tolexshine(f): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Begon(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Regardless, there are people that would help out. Several times, you have colleagues abroad stranded because of financial issues, people still support if they find it in their hearts to do do. Rationalizing her action at this point has no benefit whatsoever, she is in the final lap and needs funds to complete her education. If you find it in your heart to do so, please donate to her cause. It's quite simple.
Re: Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) by Millenniumlady(f): 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Ah fit swear say na nairalander she be. undecided
And what is wrong with her being a nairalander undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This OAU Or Harvard University? See Stunning Pictures From OAU / See The Most Fearless Animal In The World (photo) / I've Gotten Admission Yet My JAMB Status Displays "No Admission Given Yet"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.