Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

The Risk And Dangers Surrounding Audit Profession - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Risk And Dangers Surrounding Audit Profession (190 Views)

How SAP EHS Can Help You Manage Risk And Ensure Workplace Safety? / FG Reveals The Situation Surrounding School Resumption / How To Groom A Child For The Medical Profession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Risk And Dangers Surrounding Audit Profession by newriver7: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2020
Auditing is a branch of accounting that deals with detection of financial and commodity irregularities in an organization. The main aim of auditors is to ensure there is efficiency in accountability of sales and expenditure funds in any organization.
Potential auditors are accounting students that choose to specialize in auditing. As an auditor, there are few Undergraduate Project Topics you should see regarding auditing profession. Some of the topics are listed below:
1. Automated forensic auditing and fraud control in Nigeria
(See article on automated forensic auditing)

2. The role of auditor in achieving organizational objectives (See article on the role of auditor)

3. The challenges of prospective auditors in a computerized environment (See Article on challenges of prospective auditor[/b]s)

Auditing job in Nigeria is one of the most risky professions to take especially in the public sector in Nigeria. A lot of auditors have lost their lives in line of duty reason being that most of them do not work to collect bribe or cover illicit act. But that does not mean that people will not be going for accounting course that is related to auditing.

[b]How Can An Auditor Be Safe In Delivering His Or Her Duty?

There so many ways an auditor can stay safe in course of delivering of his or her duty:

1. An auditor should be polite at all times
As an auditor, you should understand that you are not at war with members of staff of your organization; you guys are still colleagues, you should socialized with your colleagues but be observant. Be very polite at all times; this will help make your colleagues feel free to talk to you.

2. Understand that there are so many ways you can do your job effectively without having issue with your colleagu[/b]e
What I mean here is that in a polite way when you detect fraud or any form of financial irregularities; do not be in a haste to report to the higher authority; you guys can come to dialogue so as to enable the person that is found misappropriating funds return the fund or balance his or her account. But in a situation when the person becomes heady about making positive change then you can report to the high authority.

3. [b]As an auditor be mindful of what you eat in the office

30% of auditors died as a result of poison. Yes there are your colleagues but it is very ok not to eat anything you see at your place of work. This is one of the best ways of staying healthy and safe.
There are so many things we need to consider as an auditor but due to limited time I will like to stop here.

Re: The Risk And Dangers Surrounding Audit Profession by fwzolamide1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Actually, I'm a fresh student of university of ilorin but I have passion of becoming an auditor. However, with all your explanation about the risk and dangers of doing an auditing job. I Still have passion for it.

Ever since I was at my teenage Age , I have observed that most of all Auditors got sacked because they collaborate with other staff to engage in frauding.
Re: The Risk And Dangers Surrounding Audit Profession by fwzolamide1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Adeyemi fawaz olamide

(1) (Reply)

Msc- Distance Learning Programme In Nigeria Excluding NOUN / Learn Quran Online At Https://suffaquran.com/ / See How I Make At Least 5k Weekly With My Smart Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.