Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. (361 Views)

Only In Nigeria.. Drop Yours / Who Do You Think Is The Most Influential Black Man To Have Ever Lived ? / What Is Bishop Oyedepo's Problem With Buhari? See This (2) (3) (4)

What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Bahdsypha(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
My opinion of what's wrong with our country

Misconception:

Nigerians like to dey lie themselves.
Nigerians think they're unique, they think they are the giant of Africa..they think they are one of the richest(some think they are the richest)..they'd tell you that no matter how bad things are that they're better than other African countries..lol
Most of them even think their music is the only thing played across africa.
Nigerians need to go to other countries(african countries especially) to see the world is leaving us behind.
Some of them even say that if Politicians return back their stolen wealth we'd be rich.

The truth needs to be told: We've one of the worst performing economies in the world...we are not rich
We're not even giants of Africa..
We're a struggling broke country...we don't have money..take our budget for example, uk's health budget is bigger than our whole budget...lol
Budget wey we go pay debts from oo
We have one of the worst electricity supply
The countries Nigeria is better than are either in a war or are being ravaged by disease/natural disaster
Nigeria is not doing better than any normal country without war.
The worst thing is that we're not even trying to get better...we simply no like better thing

Institutions:
The Nigerian instutions are simply bad: the security, the policy making, the health etc.

Nigeria needs complete evaluation of it's institution.

Make them understand the consequences of their actions on the long-run..

Nigerians should structure their country in a way that nobody is above the law..na for our own good las las

And then the cost of governance

Nigerians need to understand say dem no too hold bar..say dem dey broke

Nigeria runs a very expensive government...we simply can't afford

Reducing this cost of governance will make public office less juicy so na people wey want do something go go after am.

Tribalism:
Some Nigerians would rather vote for dirty, corrupt people with questionable characters from their tribe than a more qualified person from another tribe...
This is quite understandable because of our deep history and mistrust for each other
But there are some things you don't do tribalism with.
Most Nigerians will hire a more qualified person with plenty of degrees from other trubes than a secondary school dropout from their own tribes
For their businesses.
But it's because it's now a national affair they'll now be like "e better make my brother dey there"..
Maybe Nigerians need to understand that bad government can affect your life no matter how rich and poor we think we are.

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Yenefer(f): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ignos
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by SLAP44: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
Yenefer:
Ignos

Hate for "Ignos" lol
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Sikay19(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
No matter how you try to explain it. Nigerian problem center around selfishness and greed.
SLAP44:

Hate for "Ignos" lol
You can even say that the hatred toward the Igbo brings the likes Ikpeazu, Orji(s) into power. Oya clap for yourself
Yenefer:
Ignos
So, You mean Igbos are responsible for the high rate of poverty and insecurity at the northern region

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by freethesheeple(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
Bahdsypha:
My opinion of what's wrong with our country

Misconception:

Nigerians like to dey lie themselves.
Nigerians think they're unique, they think they are the giant of Africa..they think they are one of the richest(some think they are the richest)..they'd tell you that no matter how bad things are that they're better than other African countries..lol
Some of them even say that if Politicians return back their stolen wealth we'd be rich.

The truth needs to be told: We've one of the worst performing economies in the world...we are not rich
We're not even giants of Africa..
We're a struggling broke country...we don't have money..take our budget for example, uk's health budget is bigger than our whole budget...lol
Budget wey we go pay debts from oo
We have one of the worst electricity supply
The countries Nigeria is better than are either in a war or are being ravaged by disease/natural disaster
Nigeria is not doing better than any normal country without war.

Ndi ugwu

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by chatinent: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
It's not about Nigeria, it's about humans. Humans cannot undo man's problems.

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by dulux07(m): 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Our mentality. simple

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Kylekent59: 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
Criticising someone for doing the right thing.

I waited for the traffic light to turn green before crossing, others crossed without obeying the traffic light, they made jest of me;some were even saying "na him holy pass."

I came across a thread on nairaland about" profer a solution on how to curtail the spread of coronavirus, I taught Nigerians would rob minds together with their ideas, but the mods didn't pust it to FP for those in power to get an idea, but rather pushing "I killed two snake at my backyard "

We are not yet ready to progress in this country. I haven't even talked about tribalism, zombiesm, and unity.

Play me long way to go by cassie....

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Bahdsypha(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
C
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Bahdsypha(m): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
freethesheeple:
[s][/s]

Ndi ugwu

My opinion brother...talk you own
Aburom onye hausa..lol
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by DanseMacabre(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
Yenefer:
Ignos

Can you see that your hate is clouding up your ability to think rationally
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Bahdsypha(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
Yenefer:
Ignos

You think igbos are the problem with Nigeria
Please can you explain more?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by SouthNigerian: 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
dulux07:
Our mentality. simple

Which equals to lack of Purpose. Many Nigeria are living without direction.

Many Nigerians are leaning on Hope, waiting to get there someday without definite plan or action.

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Erosion2020: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
North is the problem with Nigeria follow by Yorubas who always supported them either by fear or by sinister motives
Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by xcabczyxabczzzz: 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nice thread.

We keep hearing that the country is broke, but are the leaders holding this narrative?

You tell me that we are broke but you budget for the latest vehicle in the world, you give yourselves boatload of money in form of allowance.

I believe part of the problem is greed with no foresight, what is the blueprint that we intend to follow for the next 50 years to arrived at a certain level.

Na just to chop, look for to put their family member or friends into the system and the cycle continues.

I know we as the citizen are not better neither but that shouldn't hinder the provison of basic amenities.

Re: What Do You Think Is The Problem With Nigeria? Drop Your Opinions. by Fidelismaria: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2020

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria

Nothing more

Akwa Ibom Slash 2020 Budget From N597.7bn To N195bn / Former Civilian Governor Of Borno State Is Dead / Museveni, Garang Dined With Biafrans