Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo (1504 Views)

Hardship: 80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / NDLEA Arrests 45-Year-Old Business Man For Ingesting Cocaine Wraps / Lance Corporal Jibrin Commits Suicide In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by sweetsell: 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
A 45-year-old man, Osita Ezuruike, on Tuesday, committed suicide in his house at Umudafa, Awo Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.

Sources at the community said the deceased expressed frustration with life over the lockdown and the dusk-to-dawn curfew declared by the state government.

But the police had yet to ascertain why the deceased committed suicide as of the time of filing this report.

The PUNCH learnt that the deceased’s neighbours alerted the police after discovering that he had hung himself.

The police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, told PUNCH that the Ezuruike’s corpse had been taken to a morgue.

Ikeokwu also said an investigation into the incident had commenced.

The police spokesperson said, “On April 27, acting on a report, operatives of the Divisional Police headquarters in Mbieri moved to Umudafa, Awo Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA, in a house belonging to one Osita Ezuruike, 45, and met the lifeless body of the said Osita hanging.

“The reason for taking his own life could not be ascertained.

“However, the corpse has been removed to the morgue, while an investigation into the incident has commenced.”

https://punchng.com/lockdown-45-year-old-man-commits-suicide-in-imo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Top1gun: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
E be like say hunger go kill our Igbo brother finish with all this lockdown Buhari de order with pick 2, pick 3. Na 1 commit suicide over chest beating so.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
Story didn't add.

Mere fabrications by punch newspaper

Now let's X-ray how punch has been a propagandist for years..

Read their first statement

Sources at the community said the deceased expressed frustration with life over the lockdown and the dusk-to-dawn curfew declared by the state government.

Sources said this and at same news by same punch also said

There by contradicting the first statement.

Punch is an apology of a newspaper with editors like Adelakun...

Avoid the devilish Lagos-Ibadan express news and live long.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Vision4God: 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
A lot of people out there are frustrated, let's ensure we put a smile on someone's face everyday
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by sweetsell: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
Na Wa O!
So which newspaper de credible reach punch for Nigeria again. Abi na sunnepaper or ipob daily we go de read for confirm news now shuuuu.

Osagyefo98:
Story didn't add.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by kalufelix(m): 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
More suicides are coming..
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
many people are indeed frustrated with the lockdown, but suicide surely aint the solution.... stop blaming the lockdown for all your life issues!
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
sweetsell:
Na Wa O!
So which newspaper de credible reach punch for Nigeria again. Abi na sunnepaper or ipob daily we go de read for confirm news now shuuuu.

I don't waste my time bounding words with Awawa youths...

That's the lowest of it all and demeaning.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Melezenawii: 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hunger in the East
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by DanseMacabre(m): 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
No RIPs to waste...
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by DanseMacabre(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Melezenawii:
Hunger in the East

I tell you bro. That green Shagari-regime rice wey federal government share for West no reach dem. cheesy
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by seborrhic: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Story didn't add.

Where is the contradiction,?Olodo.
As a journalistic medium,they asked people around what they thought could have led to his suicide,they speculated hardship arising from the lockdown,so it was so reported.
Punch then asked the police,they said they are aware but cannot say the reason till they do an investigation.Which is proper and which the newspaper also reported.
But even at the end of the day the police can only also go to people that knew him and ask them same question punch asked;"what do they think could have led him to suicide"?Then the Police will conclude based mainly on those same sources and further investigation into the man's history,which at the end may likely turn out to be frustration with how his life is going,due to suffering,as a result of or exarcebated by the lockdown.
So what is the contradiction there?
Or you want us to start reading TheNation,which is not even up to standard of some blogs these days.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by SpaceTour: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Confirmedzombie: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
Top1gun:
E be like say hunger go kill our Igbo brother finish with all this lockdown Buhari de order with pick 2, pick 3. Na 1 commit suicide over chest beating so.

Buhari did not order any lockdown in Imo state. Hold your governor responsible.

The governor ordered a lockdown and a curfew without pallative yet the mum people carry other state matter for head.

See how hunger is killing our people more than the corona virus.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Story didn't add.

You're an Olodo and yet, you're still spewing trash with so much confidence... SMH! .. What is contradictory in the report? undecided

The Punch newspaper only reported their own findings..

Firstly, it was stated that the sources in the community who knew the Man said he had complained of hardship due to the lockdown.

Then, it was also reported that the Police spokesperson said the reason for the death is still yet to be ascertained.. Of course you don't expect the police spokesperson to just accept what the sources said even if he heard... His comment is normal because they police will always claim they want to do investigation and findings about the cause of the death which is a normal procedure for them...

Those statements were made from two separate sources, not a single source... The sources from the community AND the Police Spokesperson.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Topsic70: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
Taaa dia!
Fake news!
Can a billionaire commit sweeside?
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by adekolaelect(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
They will leave their governor and blame someone else at abuja .they won't border of their people kill by hunger not covid 19 anymore .they will chest beat to do it all but hunger is killing their people one by one.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Deepfeel(m): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Fake news
sweetsell:
A 45-year-old man, Osita Ezuruike, on Tuesday, committed suicide in his house at Umudafa, Awo Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.

But the police had yet to ascertain why the deceased committed suicide as of the time of filing this report.

The PUNCH learnt that the deceased’s neighbours alerted the police after discovering that he had hung himself.

The police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, told PUNCH that the Ezuruike’s corpse had been taken to a morgue.

Ikeokwu also said an investigation into the incident had commenced.

The police spokesperson said, “On April 27, acting on a report, operatives of the Divisional Police headquarters in Mbieri moved to Umudafa, Awo Mbieri, Mbaitoli LGA, in a house belonging to one Osita Ezuruike, 45, and met the lifeless body of the said Osita hanging.

“However, the corpse has been removed to the morgue, while an investigation into the incident has commenced.”

Punchng
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Deepfeel(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
Fake news from Ibadan express

Fake

Fake

Fake
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Switruth: 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Top1gun:
. What do you guys really gain from being a tribalist. Sometimes I do get confused on how you people derive joy in making all these comments on NL. And these new stupid mods do allow you guys. I miss nairaland of old. Oya mods make una ban me.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by sweetsell: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
I scrolled tru your comment so tell us is this the only person you have seen marking tribalistic comment n why haven't you quoted your tribesmen doing the same but u have the effontery to quote others ?!

It is God that will punish u n your entire household with your unborn generation for the effontery to correct others when you blindly refuse to correct your tribesmen doing exactly the same thing.

Switruth:
. What do you guys really gain from being a tribalist. Sometimes I do get confused on how you people derive joy in making all these comments on NL. And these new stupid mods do allow you guys. I miss nairaland of old. Oya mods make una ban me.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by sweetsell: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
Even with the website included in the news
Deepfeel:
Fake news from Ibadan express

Fake

Fake

Fake
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Deepfeel(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
sweetsell:
Even with the website included in the news

Still fake news
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Switruth: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
sweetsell:
I scrolled tru your comment so tell us is this the only person you have seen marking tribalistic comment n why haven't you quoted your tribesmen doing the same but u have the effontery to quote others ?!

It is God that will punish u n your entire household with your unborn generation for the effontery to correct others when you blindly refuse to correct your tribesmen doing exactly the same thing.

. Lol. Empty barrel.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by DATACUG00000(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Humm
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by maestroferddi: 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
Irrresponsible journalism...

Was this not the same man we read days ago who purportedly had a quarrel with his murder and was arrested?

The village, town, LG and state are the same...

What really changed?

Can someone confirm the veracity of this piece of media sensationalism?

Punch, old habits die hard...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
seborrhic:

Where is the contradiction,?Olodo.
As a journalistic medium,they asked people around what they thought could have led to his suicide,they speculated hardship arising from the lockdown,so it was so reported.
Punch then asked the police,they said they are aware but cannot say the reason till they do an investigation.Which is proper and which the newspaper also reported.
But even at the end of the day the police can only also go to people that knew him and ask them same question punch asked;"what do they think could have led him to suicide"?Then the Police will conclude based mainly on those same sources and further investigation into the man's history,which at the end may likely turn out to be frustration with how his life is going,due to suffering,as a result of or exarcebated by the lockdown.
So what is the contradiction there?
Or you want us to start reading TheNation,which is not even up to standard of some blogs these days.

Sorry I couldn't read this....My apologies.

If you want me to take you serious, let your submission be apt and direct to the point.

Thanks.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

You're an Olodo and yet, you're still spewing trash with so much confidence... SMH! .. What is contradictory in the report? undecided

The Punch newspaper only reported their own findings..

Firstly, it was stated that the sources in the community who knew the Man said he had complained of hardship due to the lockdown.

Then, it was also reported that the Police spokesperson said the reason for the death is still yet to be ascertained.. Of course you don't expect the police spokesperson to just accept what the sources said even if he heard... His comment is normal because they police will always claim they want to do investigation and findings about the cause of the death which is a normal procedure for them...

Those statements were made from two separate sources, not a single source... The sources from the community AND the Police Spokesperson.

If you want me to take you serious, let your submission be apt and direct to the point.

Thanks.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Thanks.

Lol indeed.. If truly you wanted to claim ignoring someone, you wouldn't even reply the Message at all like you did.. But you still quoted me to reply my message.. Keep deceiving yourself cheesy grin
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

Lol indeed.. If truly you wanted to claim ignoring someone, you wouldn't even reply the Message at all like you did.. But you still quoted me to reply my message.. Keep deceiving yourself cheesy grin

I didn't read it.

Logged in and saw the mention and it was long. So no need reading it.

My apologies.

Direct messages only captures my attention.
Re: Lockdown: 45-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Imo by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I didn't read it.

Logged in and saw the mention and it was long. So no need reading it.

My apologies.

Direct messages only captures my attention.

Again, i say you should keep deceiving yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves / Policemen Storm Ondo Assembly Complex To Provide Cover For Ajayi's Impeachment / How South-east Is Grouped In Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.