Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures (43056 Views)

Ogun Lockdown: Abeokuta In Pictures / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by PHAYOL81: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2020
fxdee:
...You really understood my point..how can he be comparing city with scanty population with a city like Lagos.. I ve leaved in all the city in question before making my point..the problem of waste disposal alone in lagos island can make you grow grey hair..imagine the quantity of waste generated from those markets from balogun down to isale eko?....

Don't mind that guy, Uyo would be an El Dorado and majority of their billionaires would be spending multi-millions on owning a house in the Lagos he was trying to condemn. He stated that apart from the Island, nothing is in Lagos until I made him see that the Omole, the Okota, the Festac, the Ikeja, the Yaba, the Magodo, the Ogudu, the Surulere are on the mainland and are quite better in term of development to whatever his Uyo may present.
Even the slums in Lagos are better than most parts of Akwa Ibom state. Or can he compare Ajegunle, Makoko, Bariga, Orile, Oworo et all with all the villages in Akwa Ibom? These slums are regarded as such by the standard of the City of Lagos but are better than an average town in many other states. That's the basic truth.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by DATACUG00000(m): 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Kurugu2020(m): 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
So akwa ibom is in South East?
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Caseless: 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Akwa ibom is the only state in the SE effectively obeying the lockdown and stay at home.
Mbok
SS and not SE, please.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Caseless: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
PHAYOL81:

Don't mind that guy, Uyo would be an El Dorado and majority of their billionaires would be spending multi-millions on owning a house in the Lagos he was trying to condemn. He stated that apart from the Island, nothing is in Lagos until I made him see that the Omole, the Okota, the Festac, the Ikeja, the Yaba, the Magodo, the Ogudu, the Surulere are on the mainland and are quite better in term of development to whatever his Uyo may present.
Even the slums in Lagos are better than most parts of Akwa Ibom state. Or can he compare Ajegunle, Makoko, Bariga, Orile, Oworo et all with all the villages in Akwa Ibom? These slums are regarded as such by the standard of the City of Lagos but are better than an average town in many other states. That's the basic truth.
Uyo is a small place. Put festac area(amuwo odofin) and surulere together, it will beat uyo.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by dantrillion: 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
Welcome you all to my home state.....Miss watching my latest movies @TROPICANA...Na beta Ogun go kill this Covid virus wey dey slow my weekend vibes .
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
LoveJesus87:
the point is: TRY AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Simple.

Bye
i never minded yours
So go and have a sit in this lockdown biko
Nonsense
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Samanza89:

Lovely... I believe I know you. Yea!
really??
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by LoveJesus87(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Preshieben:
i never minded yours
Nonsense
Come to think of it , sounds like we can be good friends. Na so e dey take start. grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Seankhalifa: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Preshieben:
i never minded yours
Nonsense
mis-yan
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by backbone503(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Geographically Akwa Ibom and Crossriver are South East, Boats calling at the Ports Of Onne in Portharcout and Calabar refer to those ports as South Eastern Nigeria or Eastern Ports.
Geopolitically However, those State's Including Akwa Ibom,Cross River, Rivers are in the 'South South' Zone.

It is important to note though, that in geography there's no point in the compass or in map reading known as South South. The term was just developed for political reasons.
So if the guy you quoted said SE, he is correct

Nigeria has six Geopolitical zones. The Igbos occupy the South Eastern part of Nigeria, while Akwa Ibom is located in South South. So its totally wrong and misleading to in any guise suggest that Akwa Ibom can be interpolated into SE. We are not, never were, and will never be Igbos.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2020
LoveJesus87:
Come to think of it , sounds like we can be good friends. Na so e dey take start. grin
I can't make friends with rude people undecided
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by LoveJesus87(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
Preshieben:
I can't make friends with rude people undecided
Lol grin you don dey vex. I no rude o, serious. Just am too serious grin cheesy oya come inbox let's go and sort it out, don't let us wash our dirty linen in the public grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
LoveJesus87:
Lol grin you don dey vex. I no rude o, serious. Just am too serious grin cheesy oya come inbox let's go and sort it out, don't let us wash our dirty linen in the public grin
Limme abeg
Tell me you are sorry first undecided
Then I'll plainly inbox you
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by LoveJesus87(m): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
Preshieben:
Limme abeg
Tell me you are sorry first undecided
Then I'll plainly inbox you
Ok ma. Ayam Sorry grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by SlyCharlie(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
backbone503:

Nigeria has six Geopolitical zones. The Igbos occupy the South Eastern part of Nigeria, while Akwa Ibom is located in South South. So its totally wrong and misleading to in any guise suggest that Akwa Ibom can be interpolated into SE. We are not, never were, and will never be Igbos.
I'd assume you read my post..
And if you did and understood, but could only muster this reply, then reading and comprehension is really overated.
Get an education
PS I don't mean going to school.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by darfay: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
PHAYOL81:

Are you maaad? Comparing Ajegunle and makoko to villages many of which are oil producing? Are you maaad? What rubbish have you been reading about the Niger delta? Makoko the worst slum in Africa. You are stupid

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by PHAYOL81: 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
darfay:

Are you maaad? Comparing Ajegunle and makoko to villages many of which are oil producing? Are you maaad? What rubbish have you been reading about the Niger delta? Makoko the worst slum in Africa. You are stupid

Look through all my posts and you'll realise I don't trade insults. It doesn't just cut it for me as some good pointer for a good argument or a reliable arguer. But be as it may, I can still go ahead to give my mature response in respect to your post. We are sharing ideas and that's what matters. Besides, I ain't some of these eastern guys who run out of thread immediately they see they're being boxed to a corner.
First off, it just ain't what you produce alone but how effective the revenue generated is/are being used. Nigeria is a big oil producing country but consider the state of the nation's development to, say, South African's, for example. In the same interest, Lagos has got more projects on ground, not just development, than each of all these oil producing states.
However, does Makoko start and end with the sight at the seaside? What happens to the upper side of it, especially those close to Alagomeji? Worst slum in world? Could you produce the worst pix of Makoko (which is often of the seaside, of course) and I'll show you an even worse one from Port Harcourt? Pray, tell me where the bushes and farmlands are in Ajegunle. Ain't the roads in Ajegunle outlined? How do you compare that with villages with propably few roads inward, pathways into farmlands, abandoned areas of bushes and probably muddy roads on some other places? Tell yourself the truth, the Ajegunle and Makoko I mentioned would be a beauty if paired against many of those villages. Fact!
Thank God, you easily omit the Bariga, and the Oworo I mentioned. That's a step forward. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by darfay: 2:39am On May 01, 2020
PHAYOL81:

Look through all my posts and you'll realise I don't trade insults. It doesn't just cut it for me as some good pointer for a good argument or a reliable arguer. But be as it may, I can still go ahead to give my mature response in respect to your post. We are sharing ideas and that's what matters. Besides, I ain't some of these eastern guys who run out of thread immediately they see they're being boxed to a corner.
First off, it just ain't what you produce alone but how effective the revenue generated is/are being used. Nigeria is a big oil producing country but consider the state of the nation's development to, say, South African's, for example. In the same interest, Lagos has got more projects on ground, not just development, than each of all these oil producing states.
However, does Makoko start and end with the sight at the seaside? What happens to the upper side of it, especially those close to Alagomeji? Worst slum in world? Could you produce the worst pix of Makoko (which is often of the seaside, of course) and I'll show you an even worse one from Port Harcourt? Pray, tell me where the bushes and farmlands are in Ajegunle. Ain't the roads in Ajegunle outlined? How do you compare that with villages with propably few roads inward, pathways into farmlands, abandoned areas of bushes and probably muddy roads on some other places? Tell yourself the truth, the Ajegunle and Makoko I mentioned would be a beauty if paired against many of those villages. Fact!
Thank God, you easily omit the Bariga, and the Oworo I mentioned. That's a step forward. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Silly Yoruba boy!!! That's what you are!!
Re: Lockdown: Uyo In Pictures by PHAYOL81: 9:42am On May 01, 2020
darfay:

Silly Yoruba boy!!! That's what you are!!

Wow, the above comment of yours should be all thanks to 'the good' upbringing. Oh! lest I forget, if i'm a silly Yoruba boy, what does that make you with your unnecessary emotional rants? Hey, you've got to grow up whatever your age. it ain't doing you no good; not a bit. I rest here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Takes Selfie At Accident Scene That Killed Driver & Others / Sienna Hits Lexus Jeep In Sapele, Delta State (Photos) / Family Involved In A Fatal Accident At Police Checkpoint, Officers Flee. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.