|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,548,854 members, 5,871,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 01:03 PM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures (55669 Views)
|Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Gistadom: 9:05am On Nov 10, 2019|
Dubai: A Pictorial Timeline of An Historic Transmogrification
Transformation showcases visible headway and nowhere else can it be felt more notably than in the beautiful city of Dubai. In the course of the last few decades, with its strong design, exciting horizons, super shopping centers, and cosmopolitan way of life, Dubai has transmogrified into a noteworthy traveler destination throughout the globe. In spite of the fact that the “city of the future” as referred to by many, has witnessed a massive change after the discovery of valuable crude resources in 1966, it has a rich legacy, regardless of the misguided judgments individuals may have.
The 1960s initiated the transformational change to what might end up modern-day Dubai, various spearheading activities, including the opening of Dubai Airplane terminal and the principal customary international service by Kuwait Aviation route the following year. The Dubai Council of Business and Industry propelled in 1965 pursued toward the decade's end by the Dubai Gold Market, perceived as the third biggest purchaser of gold on the open market at the time.
In any case, before we continue, here are some energizing certainties and misconceptions you should know from this course of events.
1. Dubai is not a country. Perception they say is a reality. In the developing world, Dubai is believed to be an independent nation like the US, UK, and Canada by a vast number of people. This is a misconception that has gotten a broad affirmation in provincial social orders across nations of the world. Dubai is one of seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. Situated south of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula, Dubai is more famous than UAE just like the city of Port Harcourt is to Rivers state in Nigeria.
2. UAE being the sovereign established government is a league of seven emirates comprising of Abu Dhabi (which fills in as the capital), Ajman, Duba, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain.
3. Each emirate is administered by a ruler; together, they mutually structure the Federal Supreme Council. One of the rulers fills in as the President of the United Arab Emirates.
4. Dubai got autonomy on the 2nd of December, 1971.
5. Dubai is the most populous emirate while it is the second biggest topographical region after Abu Dhabi. In view of the census conducted in 2005, Dubai which beforehand has a growing population of marginally more than four million people currently has an index population of near 10 million individuals as at 2018.
6. Dubai has prevalently comprised of more than 8 diverse ethnic gatherings originated from outside nations like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, leaving just 20% of the population indigenous.
7. Islam remains the overwhelming religion of the UAE.
8. Arabic is as yet their official language while English is widely used.
9. UAE Dirham (AED) is the recognizable spendable currency in Dubai.
10. Finally, Dubai is undoubtedly one of the most present-day and cosmopolitan city on the planet. This evolutionary change could be traced to the discovery of crude oil in 1966.
You sure must have been thrilled by the elementary facts given above, yet regardless, GistaDom Naija is enthused about uncovering to you tonight some chronicled photos of Dubai before and after the boom. Try not to be in a rush as you would love to peruse this piece yet again.
1. Dubai in 1930 VS Now
2. Dubai in 1947 VS Now
3. Dubai in 1950 VS Now
4. 1967: Here's a picture showing a ‘Cement Wharf’ near what is now Port Rashid. The demand for cement skyrocketed after oil was discovered in 1966.
5. 1970: Sheikh Rashid Road towards Al Hudaiba-Satwa, 1970 / Dubai waterfront 1970 vs Dubai marina today / Dubai Airport during the 1970s.
6. Dubai in 1976
7. 1980: Airplanes and Terminals used in the then Dubai Vs Now
8. 1981: Proximity view of the then Toyota building Vs 2016
9. 1985: Proximity view of the then Toyota building Vs 2012
10. 1990: Dubai in the 90s / Sheikh Zayed Road
11. 1991: Sheikh Zayed Road from Dubai Trade Centre 1991 vs Sheikh Zayed road today / What the Dubai Creek Golf Club looked like in the early ’90s. The site is now home to lush greens and the gorgeous Park Hyatt hotel / Toyota Motor Corporation Dubai Headquarter.
12. 1992: Dubai SZR Vs 2012 / Cityscape of a road in Dubai in 1992 Vs 2014
13. 1995: The then Dubai Building structure Vs 2005 Skyscraper
14. 1999: Aerial view of Dubai on the map in 1999 Vs 2016
15. Dubai in year 2000 Vs Now
16. 2005: The city of Dubai in 2005 Vs Now
17. Modern-day Dubai and road networks in pictures
15 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Gistadom: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2019|
See also: Timeline of America's Deadliest Terror Attack In Pictures HERE
7 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by yomi96(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2019|
God purnish lord luggard
188 Likes 16 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Jasen1(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2019|
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Sunnymatey(m): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2019|
Who wouldn't be proud to be part of such a developed society?
Isn't this wonderful? This is what we patriotic nigerians want for our country but those in the helm of affairs are setting bad presidence.
At least Lagos ought to be at the same level with Dubai.
Oil money is same anywhere.
48 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by drips8(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2019|
To think it went from a small fishing village to this all because of the same oil Nigeria has
155 Likes 8 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by J111333(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2019|
Western education is evil no be for these ones.
42 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by ednut1(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2019|
By 1966, the British government had come to the conclusion that it could no longer afford to govern what is now the United Arab Emirates. Much deliberation took place in the British parliament, with a number of MPs arguing that the Royal Navy would not be able to defend the Trucial Sheikhdoms. Denis Healey, who, at the time, was the UK Secretary of State for Defence, reported that the British Armed Forces were severely overextended, and in some respects, dangerously under-equipped to defend the Sheikhdom
8 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by ednut1(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2019|
drips8:same oil but
Better terrain to drill and explore unlike inside water and swamp here
No our oil people
Less corrupt leaders
Absence of backwardness/wickedness dna in black man
96 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2019|
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by tillaman(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2019|
Damn!! Development/civilization is very good
The transformation is stunning
Same oil but different leaders
Forget population their leaders knows what they are doing, a country where her citizens welfare is important to them
They are really utilizing their resource making their nation some kind of 21st century Atlantis in the gulf!!
Way to go UAE!
14 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by GOFRONT(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2019|
This Could be Nigeria!!!
But our leaders prefer to tell it to our faces how They are Rather good in Bedmatics instead of them to tell us about their roadmap to achieving a feat as this Dubai....
21 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Sterope(f): 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2019|
.. built with sweats of poor vulnerable people
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by mindful01: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2019|
E no go better for the man
28 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by NonFarmPayrol: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2019|
The change apc promised
But delivered a dictatorship fuelled by terrorism and illiteracy
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by ChristineC: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2019|
human beings with plans devoid of greed.
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Cutehector(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Reminds me of what Amaechi said.. Nigeria is not going anywhere.
7 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by GODPUNISHALABI: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Africa is a cursed continent
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by majamajic(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Nigeria should be ashamed of herself
if Dubai can do this without oil money
Dubai only contribute 1% of UAE oil, which they don't even market or export
even with oil , we failed woofully !!!!!
5 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Missy89(f): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2019|
I see pictures of Toronto. At least know what you are talking about
24 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by TheEconomist: 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2019|
It's sometime depressing to be a Nigerian.
28 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Rekhina(f): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Dats my side ! Tell Dem isnt a country but a city
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Aturitoroman: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2019|
May God punish all our politicians
14 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Guestuser: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2019|
I thought some good for nothing people said Islam is the problem of Northern Nigeria?
Is Dubai a Christian city?
41 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by tot(f): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Shame on Nigeria!
Meanwhile, Nigerians will be claiming being intelligent. Intelligence that cannot translate to development, is that one intelligence?
25 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by fineboynl: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2019|
It was the European and Americans that designed and developed everything in Dubai because the government of Dubai was ready to pay any amount for it development.
It was designed from scratch, a wasteland. At a time Nigeria was fighting it civil war. The same thing with Qatar. The Americans and Europeans are living there and owning up property we can't speak for the same with Nigeria, and which Americans called blessed land but failed people and leadership because of the northeners.
Just look where was are today.
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by mitchyy(f): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Wow. Naija when?
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by franchasng: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2019|
Black skin = backwardness, stagnancy, corruption, looting, criminology, promiscuity, drug trafficking, Hiphop music and rascality, foolishness, selfishness, greed, materialism, and of course tribalism
If you doubt me, check all the black dominated countries and cities, no matter how rich in natural resources they are, they never advance economically, technologically or scientifically.....from Nigeria to Gabon to Equotorial Guinea, to Ghana, to, to Ivory Coast to Mali, to Kenya to Ethiopia, to Liberia, to Cameroon, to just name it....the only thing that saved South Africa is the white people from Netherlands that helped to build reliable infrastructure and put in place working leadership and government, if not, South Africa would have been as useless as Somali
54 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures by Ttipsy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2019|
what do we have in Nigeria from 1960 till date?
it took Dubai few years to have such massive road infrastructure..
1 Like 2 Shares
Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched / The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121