Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down (930 Views)

Great Opportunity To Make Cool Cash While At Home During This Lock Down / How To Trade Crypto Currencies And Make Money Daily During This Lock Down / If 3k Is Not Too Small To Make This Lock Down Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by Observinho: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hello folks,
I went to withdraw money from my zenith account yesterday, and the debit alert sms I received showed my account was short of N3000 naira. This is not to include almost a N100 naira transaction charge. I discovered that some money had been deducted from my account illegally. This has never happened to me since almost 8 years now that I started running a Zenith account. Ordinarily, I would have rushed to the bank to know what's up, but I can't because banks are not operational due to the lock down.
To compound my fear, I checked my mail, (cos they normally send me credit and debit alerts via email as well as sms,) and to my utmost surprise, I saw a debit alert of N3000 on April 23. I never withdrew any money on the said date. I feel there is a foul play somewhere since that debit alert was never sent to me via sms, but only through email.
I don't really know how to contact the bank right now. I feel that delay might be dangerous in this situation. I know 3k is not much, but hey, it's my money. I don't want nobody extorting me, especially this lock down period, and especially not a bank.
Can anyone suggest what to do here, maybe how else to contact Zenith bank without visiting a branch.
NB: This is not a possible case of a friend or family deducting from me without my knowledge.
Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by ignis: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kindly contact the bank on any of the listed numbers below.
Thank you
+234 1 278 7000, +234 1 292 7000, +234 1 464 7000, 0700ZENITHBANK

1 Like

Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by ubcandid(m): 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Not only you dude, first bank carried out same shit with me. Mine was thrice during this lockdown. I forgone the first two, but, the last which happened when I tried to purchase airtime disgusted me.

I'm waiting for the lockdown to be over.

They won't even include it in the debit alert. You would only be aware if you know your last balance.

It's your money, nothing like too small. Send a complaint mail and cc CBN. If not, they would dribble you around.
Talking from experience.
Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by danduchi(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
Observinho:
Hello folks,
I went to withdraw money from my zenith account yesterday, and the debit alert sms I received showed my account was short of N3000 naira. This is not to include almost a N100 naira transaction charge. I discovered that some money had been deducted from my account illegally. This has never happened to me since almost 8 years now that I started running a Zenith account. Ordinarily, I would have rushed to the bank to know what's up, but I can't because banks are not operational due to the lock down.
To compound my fear, I checked my mail, (cos they normally send me credit and debit alerts via email as well as sms,) and to my utmost surprise, I saw a debit alert of N3000 on April 23. I never withdrew any money on the said date. I feel there is a foul play somewhere since that debit alert was never sent to me via sms, but only through email.
I don't really know how to contact the bank right now. I feel that delay might be dangerous in this situation. I know 3k is not much, but hey, it's my money. I don't want nobody extorting me, especially this lock down period, and especially not a bank.
Can anyone suggest what to do here, maybe how else to contact Zenith bank without visiting a branch.
NB: This is not a possible case of a friend or family deducting from me without my knowledge.
thanks for donating.. Covid-19 patients really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by Taraj01(m): 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
The same happened to me with my bank.
Get the banks customer care/ contactcenter mail and give em a DM, Or send them a message on Twitter/ hashtag the bank with details of the transaction on Twitter
Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by SimeonOTC(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
danduchi:
thanks for donating.. Covid-19 patients really appreciate

Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by meobizy(f): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
I believe it’s their maintenance fee. My bank does the same. The amount is around 1,300 NGN which they return in a day or two. In my case it’s normally written what the deduction is for so I see no cause to panic. Contact the bank’s customer care to know what it’s for exactly and demand they start reflecting it in their SMSes.
Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by Observinho: 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
ubcandid:
Not only you dude, first bank carried out same shit with me. Mine was thrice during this lockdown. I forgone the first two, but, the last which happened when I tried to purchase airtime disgusted me.

I'm waiting for the lockdown to be over.

They won't even include it in the debit alert. You would only be aware if you know your last balance.

It's your money, nothing like too small. Send a complaint mail and cc CBN. If not, they would dribble you around.
Talking from experience.
Thanks so much.. How do I do this? Especially the 'copy CBN' part
Re: Help: My Bank Deducted Money From My Account During This Lock Down by ubcandid(m): 5:15am On Apr 29, 2020
Observinho:

Thanks so much.. How do I do this? Especially the 'copy CBN' part
when you're sending a mail to your bank over the issue, in the mail heading there is a 'cc' option. This makes sure the mail gets to both parties and the bank would be aware, compelling them to expedite action on resolution. You can just google it out to get the cbn email address to copy to the mail.

the banks are always on their toes once cbn is involved, due to sanctions.

(1) (Reply)

You Need A Haulage Truck In Abuja? / What Can I Invest In With A Million Naira / Guaranteed Solid Financial Future And Inheritance For Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.