Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (24007 Views)

Boko Haram: N2.2bn Spent On Prayers In Nigeria & Saudi Arabia - EFCC / RUGA To Gulp N2.2bn From The 2019 Budget - Enang / Ex-naf Chief, Amosu, Forfeits N2.2bn To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by oshozondii: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
Germany has announced another financial intervention to assist Nigeria in its response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Announcing in a statement via Twitter on Tuesday, the country said it is providing €5.5 million this time to support vulnerable people in Nigeria’s North-Eastern states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe.

The statement read, “Germany provides an additional €5.5 million (c. 2.2bn Naira) to the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund managed by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Nigeria to continue life-saving aid in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States in the context of the COVID-19 crisis.

“Ongoing activities include drilling of wells, construction of sanitation facilities, rehabilitation of buildings or construction of shelters for internally displaced persons and other victims of insecurity in the North East.

“This brings Germany’s contribution to the NHF to a tota of €29 million since it became operational in May 2017, making Germany a major donor to the NHF over the past three years.”

The country also pledged €12 million to West Africa Health Organisation and Economic Community of West Africa States for the purchase of vital medical supplies and laboratory equipment, training measures, amongst other response to the pandemic in the region.

It added that it was providing the Nigeria Police Force with €20,000 worth personal protective equipment including hand disinfectant, protective clothing, surface disinfectant, face masks, clinical thermometers and gloves, adding that the materials would be handed over in Abuja shortly.

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, 41 confirmed cases of COVID-19 has been recorded in Borno, one in Adamawa while Yobe has no reported case yet.

https://punchng.com/breaking-covid-19-germany-donates-additional-e5-5m-to-nigeria/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Yenefer(f): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
Is enough we don't want it. Enough string attached already. Barka da Shan ruwa to my fellow Muslim ummah.
When I stood up, my steps were uncertain, as though I were wearing lifts in my shoes. I could feel the air between the soles of my feet and the ground. It was like something important had altered, like gravity, or the air itself.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by BIAFRAisBURIED: 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
budaatum:
Trump gives us ventilators, Germany gives us money. They helping us all of a sudden. Why?

THEY ARE COMPETING WITH CHINA

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Oghenerobo2002(m): 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
The money is just going into some greedy folk's pockets.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by festacman(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good one from Mama Angela Merkel.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by ignis: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
Money already hijacked by cabal.

Meanwhile Gandollar is still expecting his share of the cake.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by festacman(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
budaatum:
Trump gives us ventilators, Germany gives us money. They helping us all of a sudden. Why?

They are standing up to China and its new influence in Africa.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by TodayNAlways: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Donation upon donations. Where are all these monies?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Mynd44: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
So who will give Ganduje money now?

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by NoMoreTrolling: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
When will Nigeria give 10 million dollars to Italy, or Spain or ...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by budaatum: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
festacman:

They are standing up to China and its new influence in Africa.
With these little tokens? Someone must have informed them we accept kerosene and a loaf of bread for our votes without explaining that we are likely to evolve like people usually do.

I doubt this little would influence us much, but I guess starving easily influenced Nigerians exist.

11 Likes

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
More money for looters cheesy grin cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by fergie001: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mynd44:
Ganduje right now,

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Stalwert: 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
PMB is a man they know they can trust, so they keep giving.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by VaselineCrew: 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mynd44:

Men if Ganduje is not prosecuted at the end of his tenure, then I’d lose faith in naija.

Haba, he was caught red handed on video, which is still plastered all over YouTube.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by josen16322(m): 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
dat 5.5million euro convert 2 naira omo see money any yahoo boy wey hammer dis kind of money go first craze for 2days be4 him head go com correct,but com 2 tink of it d people way dey in charge go do their wayowayo com start 2 dey share d money 4 people wey dey borno #300 each d rest wey remain is their own grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by festacman(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
budaatum:

With these little tokens? Someone must have informed them we accept kerosene and a loaf of bread for our votes without explaining that we are likely to evolve like people usually do.

I doubt this little would influence us much, but I guess starving easily influenced Nigerians exist.

Not so much about the quantum but about the significance. It is about 'oiling' diplomatic relationships in protection of their economic interests in the eyes of government. It is also to create positive impression towards enhancing the perception of Germany among Nigerian public. The bottom line is that China inspite of its own far more donations and of course loan facilities wouldn't weigh a lot heavier on scale of public perception than Germany or US.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by inedujac: 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
I hope there is no ill motives behind all splashing from Germany?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
oshozondii:
Germany has announced another financial intervention to assist Nigeria in its response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Announcing in a statement via Twitter on Tuesday, the country said it is providing €5.5 million this time to support vulnerable people in Nigeria’s North-Eastern states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe.

The statement read, “Germany provides an additional €5.5 million (c. 2.2bn Naira) to the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund managed by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Nigeria to continue life-saving aid in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States in the context of the COVID-19 crisis.

“Ongoing activities include drilling of wells, construction of sanitation facilities, rehabilitation of buildings or construction of shelters for internally displaced persons and other victims of insecurity in the North East.

“This brings Germany’s contribution to the NHF to a tota of €29 million since it became operational in May 2017, making Germany a major donor to the NHF over the past three years.”

The country also pledged €12 million to West Africa Health Organisation and Economic Community of West Africa States for the purchase of vital medical supplies and laboratory equipment, training measures, amongst other response to the pandemic in the region.

It added that it was providing the Nigeria Police Force with €20,000 worth personal protective equipment including hand disinfectant, protective clothing, surface disinfectant, face masks, clinical thermometers and gloves, adding that the materials would be handed over in Abuja shortly.

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, 41 confirmed cases of COVID-19 has been recorded in Borno, one in Adamawa while Yobe has no reported case yet.
https://punchng.com/breaking-covid-19-germany-donates-additional-e5-5m-to-nigeria/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Oam4j

Kindly enlighten commentators on the bolded.
Because from comments above, its obvious 99% did not comprehend before commenting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Seun(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hearing about the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund for the first time. Who runs it?

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by mechanics(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Wow, good one.
Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Trimque2k1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
oshozondii:

Sad news because our eye go dey but our mouth nor dey fit taste am
Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by seedorfg(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Thanks Germany

Daz how star do..

2 Likes

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Btruth: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
All this monies are going into voice mail oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Anthony0094(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
"blessed is the hand that giveth, than the one that taketh"

why i b say that nigeria cn never to other even to the citizens?

who swear for us?
Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
The reputation and leadership of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has positively grown in recent times that the impact of the international community on our Nation is being felt by all.

This indicates that the administration of His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has been perceived and seen as one with great reputation, discipline and transparency.

With more work been done on rebuilding and rebranding of our reputation, I believe gestures like this are just a tip of the iceberg

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Arturitoroman: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
only for our useless leaders to embezzle it

2 Likes

Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by Tunex252(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Another Money to embezzle :-D
Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by UrFears: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Germany
My dream country tongue
Re: Germany Donates Additional N2.2bn To Nigeria Humanitarian Fund by GOFRONT(m): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots / Buni Visits Buhari In UK Amid APC Leadership Crisis / Obasa Approved N40M For Feeding Less Than 40 Muslim Lawmakers - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.