Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS (894 Views)

Pls Advice: How Lucrative Is Logistics/delivery Biz Is In Abuja? / How Can My Clients Pay Me With Bitcoin? / Please Advice, How Can I Get Back My Money From Firstbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hey Nl,
I have clients from many places around the world, but I have a problem, I get emotional with them. Many atimes, I would leave this clients myself because of the fact that I want them to be happy so much that I fear I may fail them in a little way. It's called anxiety

In my business deals, I care about the objectives/goals of my clients, and with them, I always have a form for them to fill. I'm a very nice person, and very empathetic so most of my potential clients develop a high trust and love for me. And thus, when they put mouth into the story of their lives, I won't be able to stop them, and they go very deep. I usually end up turning to a counsellor or a friend because naturally, I'm endowed with deep understanding of things,and how to solve some problems.

Back to business now, I would not wish to charge them too much, or make them feel uncomfortable in anyway (this is me naturally, I will not charge my friend in real life for a job that doesn't require me to extra spend, and I love me like that).

Sometimes, I fear if they are not happy with some things, it might add more to their depression, all these fear would make me run away or even tell them I'm busy or do it for free for them depending on the type of service they need.

It seems an average person from Europe and America has some problems they are battling, and I cannot turn myself off from their battle when I know the solution, that's not possible.
It seems I have no way out of this. I know myself always seeing opportunities for people near me and would wants to solve their problems or help them grow, this is why I do not have close friends, because I fear the mental work would be too much.
This night, I checked my mail and saw a potential client who has written me what I asked her to do, we started talking, and I notice it's heading to that direction of me turning to a counsellor, yes, I love counselling people, and making people feel at ease but it leads me to be too sympathetic that I end up charging less
What is your suggestion?
If you are a Nigerian, and your only problem is poverty, you need to thank God. Some people are wealthy but full of different problems that disturbs their mental health so much. Be thankful
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
@mynd44
@lalasticlala
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
Waiting
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Franzinni: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
Clients are not hard to find ...good clients are not impossible to find ...but a good friend....now that is something...

If you value business more, then you will know that business and friendship don't mix so be nice and empathic but ruthless when its time for making money ...

If you value friendship more, then you will know that good friendship involves willingness to sacrifice even at the expense to self..knowing FULLY well that the other person will do the same for you in a heart beat ...

So if you know the value of your friendship with these clients of yours, you would easily be able to gauge how much involvement you would like to have in their personal issues and how much you will like to avoid personal issues for yourself and chase that paper...

2 cents

1 Like

Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
You cannot long separate the emotions from transactional sex. Since you left that part to us, I have to assume your product is sexual content or something of the nature.
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
Franzinni:
Clients are not hard to find ...good clients are not impossible to find ...but a good friend....now that is something...

If you value business more, then you will know that business and friendship don't mix so be nice and empathic but ruthless when its time for making money ...

If you value friendship more, then you will know that good friendship involves willingness to sacrifice even at the expense to self..knowing FULLY well that the other person will do the same for you in a heart beat ...

So if you know the value of your friendship with these clients of yours, you would easily be able to gauge how much involvement you would like to have in their personal issues and how much you will like to avoid personal issues for yourself and chase that paper...

2 cents
They are the one that start such not me. You know how whites people could be, especially when they find you a good person
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
ModelX:
You cannot long separate the emotions from transactional sex. Since you left that part to us, I have to assume your product is sexual content or something of the nature.
Lol, they are international client. My business have nothing to do with such things. It's branding & Smm services that I offer. Most times, they chat me first and tell me how they want me to help them
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Franzinni: 9:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
ModestGal:

They are the one that start such not me. You know how whites people could be, especially when they find you a good person
yeah white people are generally straight forward and hey, if you get to have them as good friends ...not a bad thing cus we are only as important as our connections ..

But bill them normal normal ... They understand the value of a good business transaction, so it shouldn't be a problem for you ...

If they wana tell you their life story listen and help ..then bill them normal normal haha dem no go vex ...
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by bmdmixer: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
ModestGal:
Hey Nl,
I have clients from many places around the world, but I have a problem, I get emotional with them. Many atimes, I would leave this clients myself because of the fact that I want them to be happy so much that I fear I may fail them in a little way. It's called anxiety

In my business deals, I care about the objectives/goals of my clients, and with them, I always have a form for them. I'm a very nice person, and very empathetic so most of my potential clients develop a high trust and love for me. And thus, when they put mouth into the story of their lives, I won't be able to stop them, and they go very deep. I usually end up turning to a counsellor or a friend because naturally, I'm endowed with deep understanding of things,and how to solve some problems.

Back to business now, I would not wish to charge them too much, or make them feel uncomfortable in anyway (this is me naturally, I will not charge my friend in real life for a job that doesn't require me to extra spend, and I love me like that).

Sometimes, I fear if they are not happy with some things, it might add more to their depression, all these fear would make me run away or even tell them I'm busy or do it for free for them depending on the type of service they need.

It seems an average person from Europe and America has some problems they are battling, and I cannot turn myself off from their battle when I know the solution, that's not possible.
It seems I have no way out of this. I know myself always seeing opportunities for people neare and would wants to solve thier problems or help them grow, this is why I do not have close friends, because I fear the mental work would be too much.
This night, I checked my mail and saw a potential client who has written me what I asked her to do, we started talking, and I notice it's heading to that direction
What is your suggestion?
If you are a Nigerian, and your only problem is poverty, you need to thank God. Some people are wealthy but full of different problems that disturbs their mental health so much. Be thankful
what kind of biz u do? and u saying u get emotional and sleep with them also abi kini?
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by WalkerMichael(m): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Stop charging them.
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 4:09am On Apr 29, 2020
bmdmixer:
what kind of biz u do? and u saying u get emotional and sleep with them also abi kini?
So I will sleep with people in the UK, US, Greece, etc from Nigeria? No be everyone dey dirty like you abeg, read what I posted, I get emotional with their problems when they tell me. They are usually females and I'm a female
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 4:24am On Apr 29, 2020
WalkerMichael:
Stop charging them.
Will you be feeding me? My hair products cost 30k, will you be buying them for me? Will you be sending money to my account? Because I do cry when money in my account is in a bad state
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 4:26am On Apr 29, 2020
Franzinni:
yeah white people are generally straight forward and hey, if you get to have them as good friends ...not a bad thing cus we are only as important as our connections ..

But bill them normal normal ... They understand the value of a good business transaction, so it shouldn't be a problem for you ...

If they wana tell you their life story listen and help ..then bill them normal normal haha dem no go vex ...
Thanks, listening to their life story can be too touching. I'm thinking of concentrating on Nigerian clients
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Elpacino481(m): 4:40am On Apr 29, 2020
ModestGal:

Thanks, listening to their life story can be too touching. I'm thinking of concentrating on Nigerian clients
Ramadan Mubarak dear
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by blaskikv: 6:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Just go into counseling job
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by bmdmixer: 7:40am On Apr 29, 2020
ModestGal:

So I will sleep with people in the UK, US, Greece, etc from Nigeria? No be everyone dey dirty like you abeg, read what I posted, I get emotional with their problems when they tell me. They are usually females and I'm a female
maybe u feeling attached because dey are in foreign lands, africans n over seas sentiment
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Elpacino481:
Ramadan Mubarak dear
Aamin
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2020
bmdmixer:
maybe u feeling attached because dey are in foreign lands, africans n over seas sentiment
You sha wan abuse me abi? I feel attached to Nigerians the more, but for Nigerians, they become friends, I don't consider these one's as my friends
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2020
blaskikv:
Just go into counseling job
No money there for now, requires me to develop it to a certain stage with my money before I could earn from it
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by bmdmixer: 8:03am On Apr 29, 2020
ModestGal:

You sha wan abuse me abi? I feel attached to Nigerians the more, but for Nigerians, they become friends, I don't consider these one's as my friends
ok get it locals not friends foreigners friends, n nope am not insulting.
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Elpacino481(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
ModestGal:

Aamin
Thanks. I'll chat you up later
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2020
Elpacino481:
Thanks. I'll chat you up later
Ok, please help edit my number from there
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Elpacino481(m): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2020
ModestGal:

Ok, please help edit my number from there
Done
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Elpacino481(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2020
TheCalculator:

Good morning Sir,
you inquired about the price of oil perfume on my thread, I am unable to respond using my original moniker macsjebs due to a ban, Pls kindly reach me on whatsapp via the phone number on the thread
Thanks
Okay
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Frenchkiss564: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2020
I suggest you alter your business model to cater for the emotional needs of your clients.
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Chuky7(m): 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Am I A Yahoo Boy
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 4:28am On Apr 30, 2020
Frenchkiss564:
I suggest you alter your business model to cater for the emotional needs of your clients.
How?
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by ModestGal(f): 4:29am On Apr 30, 2020
Chuky7:
Am I A Yahoo Boy
Thanks for asking yourself
Re: Advice: How To Get Emotionally Detached From My CLIENTS by Elpacino481(m): 4:39am On Apr 30, 2020
ModestGal:

Thanks for asking yourself
Hahaha � �

(1) (Reply)

Best Exchange Rate Ever On Nairaland / Need Your National ID Card Image For Card Printing? / Crazy Untold Secret Of Paypal To Receive Money In Nigeria - 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.