Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property (33244 Views)

5 Mistakes Landlords Make On Their Property By Dennis Isong / 3 Bedroom Bungalow with Penthouse Built On Less Than Half A Plot(pic, video) / How Mobil Has Been Trying To Swindle The Ogunyade Family Of Their Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by OEPHIUS(m): 9:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
A section of Enugu residents at the bank of Ekulu River, G.R.A, Enugu, has called on relevant government authorities in the state to come to their rescue as structures erected by The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, at Pocket Layout by Trans-Ekulu Flyover, Enugu.

Igbere TV correspondent reports that residents lamented that the buildings are posing a serious threat to their property in the neighborhood.

The state headquarters of the church is situated very close to the Ekulu River, which forced the leadership of church to construct concrete retaining walls blocking the waterway.

Igbere TV correspondent who visited the scene of the incident said that the church structure is threatened by the flood as a result of the blockage of the waterway which had also forced the water to re-route its flow to other people’s residence within the neighborhood.

Reacting to the ugly incident, one of the residents who spoke on behalf of the neighborhood, Engr. Jerry Ezenwa, expressed concern that if urgent interventions are not carried out by appropriate government authorities, their buildings and that of others may be affected by the flood.

Engr. Ezenwa wondered why the church chose to build on such a dangerous terrain that is being ravaged by flood, stressing the past government ought not to have allowed such constructions in the area.

He therefore charged the state government to enforce discipline and deal decisively with the alarming rate of illegal structures on waterways in the state in order to save lives and avert avoidable damage of people’s property by flood.

Another resident, who identified himself as Mr. Nnaemeka Onuora, disclosed that they had sent an SOS to the Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority (ECTDA) for intervention, adding that the ECTDA has visited the site.

Mr. Onuora pointed out that “the volume of water on this Ekulu River whenever it rains heavily is so high and alarming that nobody or organization should ever contemplate blocking this waterway with any structure”.

He appealed to the ECTDA to live up to its responsibilities and extend its enforcement and development regulatory mandate to every nook and cranny of state capital without fear or favour for safety of lives and people’s property.

The resident therefore advised those who build and erect structures on waterways to “desist from such unlawful and dangerous ventures that are detrimental to lives and property of our people”, lamenting that “I cannot lose my hard earned property here because of another person’s negligence and ineptitude”.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/28/enugu-residents-kick-as-church-built-on-waterway-threatens-their-property/

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by omoakoraye: 5:09am On Apr 29, 2020
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Nltaliban(m): 5:10am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Abboki: 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Homiesjinxbank: 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Na wa o. I think mosque self dey every entrance on a street.. mosque everywhere

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by ganiyu26(m): 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
God have mercy, bad news everywr
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by clinsman1: 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by adamsmith0813: 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Hmm
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by manuelreports: 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Alejobs: 5:11am On Apr 29, 2020
sad

If only God lives in these big hall....they couldn't stop Corona from coming or provide daily meal for the sheep, all of them close down like every other unbelievers gathering.

We lost it already...... Each church should be mandated to blood an enterprise that produces an item as against feeding hope to their members while building cathedral from the contribution all the time.

Religion was really exposed by this virus.... Maybe we can really do without it. Personal connection with God is key now!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by engrcos001(m): 5:12am On Apr 29, 2020
cool
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Jamexjulius(m): 5:12am On Apr 29, 2020
grin
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by NERDYDREAMS(m): 5:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Church everywhere!!
Good medical facilities is no where to be found. shocked

23 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Fheelzz(m): 5:13am On Apr 29, 2020
wow
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by longetivity(m): 5:13am On Apr 29, 2020
i comment my reserve
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Cypherfx: 5:14am On Apr 29, 2020
They should do the needful before raining season start
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by AMvanquish: 5:15am On Apr 29, 2020
So who awarded the land/C of O and gave building approval?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Oluwapresley(m): 5:15am On Apr 29, 2020
I actually came to see the river... Now I can't find it.

Pastors be feeling like "touch not my anointed, do my prophet no harm" has made them God. If I sand you ennn...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by wilemer: 5:16am On Apr 29, 2020
OEPHUIS:
A section of Enugu residents at the bank of Ekulu River, G.R.A, Enugu, has called on relevant government authorities in the state to come to their rescue as structures erected by The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, at Pocket Layout by Trans-Ekulu Flyover, Enugu.

Igbere TV correspondent reports that residents lamented that the buildings are posing a serious threat to their property in the neighborhood.

govt has to step in
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Samoneo(m): 5:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Honestly, I'm not seing how the building is disturbing the waterways but if it does, the require authority should take the swift action but hey this is Nigeria..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by yrex01(m): 5:20am On Apr 29, 2020
Homiesjinxbank:
Na wa o. I think mosque self dey every entrance on a street.. mosque everywhere
if u have nothing to say on the thread pls shut up n stop this religion whatever !!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Gadafii: 5:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Well if you leave nigerian pastors they can erect church building on top active volcanoes, money must be made

For my street, one how get two churches, seventh day adventist and redeem..two buildings after, there is another church running, opposite that one, another church I have forgotten it name, then few house down the strt, cele church too mount, about 6-7 church in a street thats not up to 400 meters long

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:24am On Apr 29, 2020
They should simply connect the waterway into the church, let the pastor use his miracle power to divert the water when it rains

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by adenigga(m): 5:25am On Apr 29, 2020
AMvanquish:
So who awarded the land/C of O and gave building approval?

Den Scammers in Enugu's government.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Stalwert: 5:25am On Apr 29, 2020
Thank God for small mercies imagine if it was a Mosque or Fulani building there, it would have turned it to conspiracy to destroy East. That is how IPOb even said washing hand to prevent Corona is a conspiracy to force ablution on them i.e. Islamisation. grin cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:26am On Apr 29, 2020
NERDYDREAMS:
Church everywhere!!
Good medical facilities is no where to be found. shocked

How much can you make by building and equipping a world class hospital in Nigeria.

Peanut.

Just build a church and preach fiction to them. You will make mad profit.

How many doctors can you mention that are richer than Adeboye, Oyakhilome or Oyedepo.

None!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by shawnfamous(m): 5:29am On Apr 29, 2020
How Person sef o go build house for this kind place....

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by NERDYDREAMS(m): 5:34am On Apr 29, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

How much can you make by building and equipping a world class hospital in Nigeria.

Peanut.

Just build a church and preach fiction to them. You will make mad profit.

How many doctors can you mention that are richer than Adeboye, Oyakhilome or Oyedepo.

None!

True!!! Your name scares me.... Sangoolukosooba shocked grin
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 29, 2020
;Dthe church issa goal
Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Quadranoo(m): 5:44am On Apr 29, 2020
na dem, Spiritual men of God grin

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Bar1941(m): 5:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Docile nation, when other nations are looking inward to find solutions to world problem, our people are there adding more to the problems at hand. When you build a church on waterway, where did you want the water to pass? Maybe it will fly miraculously.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property by Joefat: 5:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Hmmm. It's well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Build And Renovate Your Dream House With A Registered Building Construction Firm / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / Can You Buy A House With A Grave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.