Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Opinions Needed!!-closed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinions Needed!!-closed (462 Views)

Honest Opinions Needed Concerning This Job Offer / Opinions Needed Asap / Opinions Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinions Needed!!-closed by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by bukatyne(f): 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
I would suggest you:
1. Have outline of topics you have in mind
2. Space out your OP for easier reading.
3. Try to get the root cause of the toxic cultures so you can logically propose a 'revised' solution.

Goodluck
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
bukatyne:
I would suggest you:
1. Have outline of topics you have in mind
2. Space out your OP for easier reading.
3. Try to get the root cause of the toxic cultures so you can logically propose a 'revised' solution.

Goodluck

Thanks for your feedback but I am asking for people's personal experiences with toxic cultural practices. I already have an outline for my book. I'm pretty much gathering intel for the quotes I will be including in my book.
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by bukatyne(f): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
ladyauthor:

Thanks for your feedback but I am asking for people's personal experiences with toxic cultural practices. I already have an outline for my book. I'm pretty much gathering intel for the quotes I will be including in my book.

I am talking of outline on the thread so you can get the best out of the thread here.
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by Franzinni: 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
Your are shining a light into a very good tunnel so that people can see how backwards some ideas are ...but you are holding the light with some degree of bias I would dare say.

Now let throw some balance in there tho..

Ideas that a man must be the bread winner and if not he is less than a man

The idea that a man should spend on a woman to be a man in her sight

The idea that a woman can slap a man senseless but the man has no right to touch her ... Don't you ever beat a woman.the 11th commandment..

Idea that because you give birth for a man you and the child are automatically his problem

And the list goes on...

Now my list is totally biased and based on the point of view of a man..

Now my point is you could try and make the real book balanced if you are writing not only for women I guess ..
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 29, 2020
bukatyne:

I am talking of outline on the thread so you can get the best out of the thread here.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifying and yes, that's a great idea. I will update my thread.

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Franzinni:
Your are shining a light into a very good tunnel so that people can see how backwards some ideas are ...but you are holding the light with some degree of bias I would dare say.

The idea that a woman can slap a man senseless but the man has no right to touch her ... Don't you ever beat a woman.the 11th commandment..

Idea that because you give birth for a man you and the child are automatically his problem

And the list goes on...

Now my point is you could try and make the real book balanced if you are writing not only for women I guess ..

Absolutely.
Those are great points, My example was just really one of many. I certainly intend to make my views as balanced as possible. It's not really a woman vs man thing. Everyone has a role to play in demolishing many of these faulty thought patterns. And I like your use of the word "backward" to describe some of these ideas.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by SweetCunt97(f): 5:12am On Apr 29, 2020
Franzinni:

And the list goes on...

Almost everything u talked about are tied to money.. Spending. If u don't wanna be a bread winner as a man, simply marry a rich woman. I think when a woman give you one slap, you can aswell give her one slap... But you men go overboard by turning it into full beatings most times.

A single mother does not expect the baby daddy to care for her but only her baby... You make it seem like giving birth is a walk through d Park. 2 individuals took part in having a baby so they jointly should care for it.

1 Like

Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by Franzinni: 7:41am On Apr 29, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Almost everything u talked about are tied to money.. Spending. If u don't wanna be a bread winner as a man, simply marry a rich woman. I think when a woman give you one slap, you can aswell give her one slap... But you men go overboard by turning it into full beatings most times.

A single mother does not expect the baby daddy to care for her but only her baby... You make it seem like giving birth is a walk through d Park. 2 individuals took part in having a baby so they jointly should care for it.
my point was not in what I listed as problems, I was only trying to paint a picture for Op which thankfully she understood me ...

The bolded made me laugh.

In any rate you are right nonetheless
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
ladyauthor:

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for clarifying and yes, that's a great idea. I will update my thread.

cheesy

Glad to be of help.
Re: Opinions Needed!!-closed by fredopareto(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
God hate divorce BT der is difference btwn separation and divorce...
U re doing a great work..bt I want u to know culture re different and it has b so from d beginning (bible history) wat I wan u to do is to write on how relevant both re and give us more reason why we must look beyond dat..do research ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Saxophone Teacher Needed / Afosino Drilling Development Company, Abuja / 20 Signs That You Have A Gifted Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.