Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina (67784 Views)

Lekki Killings: Buhari Addressed Int'l Community In His Broadcast-Femi Adesina / PUZZLE: Buhari’s Draft Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast — But Who Did It? / Buhari’s Draft Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast — But Who Did It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by NwekeUG(m): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
IgbereTV reports that the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina while speaking on This Morning programme on TVC News, revealed that the person who leaked President Mohammadu Buhari’s draft speech hours before he delivered his address to the nation on Monday night, has been traced.

According to Adesina, the version released was full of errors and was already circulating on social media before the actual broadcast to the nation.

Asked to clear the confusion on the lockdown where some newspapers carried out different date, the Presidential Spokesman said: “There is just one authentic copy of the broadcast which is the one released from the media office. But then, I recognise that a couple of hours before the broadcast itself, a copy of the purported speech had been circulating particularly on WhatsApp. If you compare the two, yes there are some similarities but then there are also wide differences.

“You have just mentioned the effective day particularly of the gradual easing of the lockdown. What happened was that somebody got hold of the initial draft of the broadcast and played hanky panky with it by releasing it through the social media. If you know the processes that a broadcast goes through before it gets recorded – the script will originate from the relevant government agency, department, parastatal of ministry, whoever heads that agency, ministry or parastatal sign up on it and then they sent it to the presidential office.

“When it gets to the presidential office, it gets through a number of hands again, because the President’s thoughts must be infused and injected into that draft. There are some things that may be in it that the President may completely not agree with. “Finally, it comes to the media office, and I sign on it which I also did yesterday before the broadcast was recorded – I signed on the final copy before the broadcast was recorded.

“So some hours before the recording was played back, I saw something circulating on social media, I knew that that was not the copy that I signed off on. Then we began to investigate. It has been found out that the original script from inception was what somebody laid hands-on and released to the social media.”

Speaking on some mainstream media reporting from the leaked speech, Adesina said: “Well, mainstream media knows how we release our statements – whatever documents that we are releasing. They should know how to authenticate it. It comes from the media office. So if any mainstream media is now taking its information from the social media, that mainstream media is to be blamed because we duly released the authentic copy of that broadcast by 8:06 PM. So the mainstream media should not have depended on a leaked copy which turns out to have many discrepancies compared with the original and final copy. “

On the reopening of worship centres and schools and whether it is a bit hasty considering the lives of the children, the Presidential spokesman said, “what Mr. President said yesterday was that, from Monday, May 4, there will be a gradual opening up and what that means is that the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 will give a guideline on what can be done and what can’t be done under that gradual easing up.

“Remember that the President stressed yesterday that some other things will continue like social distancing, not congregating for religious events – it’s on the broadcast yesterday. But the Presidential Taskforce will continue to advise on how we can open up and return to normal life gradually.”

Asked if the same rule applied to schools and school children, Adesina said, “yes but if you look at what the Army did about a week ago, it opened up its schools but not at every level. Those who are in senior secondary schools preparing for WAEC are supposed to return to school to write their exams and he said gradually it will go down to different grades. I don’t want to preempt what the guidelines of the Presidential Taskforce will be like but definitely, there will be a guideline on how schools can begin to reopen. It may not be the whole school because if a school has a population of one thousand it may have an effect. But those who are going to write WAEC are the ones to resume.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1349441/presidency-reveals-leaked-buharis-speech-speaks-schools-resumption/

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2020
Oops! Asiri ti tu.Meaning even the dullard was already listening to his own draft speech after being pre-recorded as live speech? These presidential media team are as daft as their principal.

445 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by meezynetwork(m): 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mtshh

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by festacman(m): 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kick the leaker's a*se really hard for causing unnecessary confusion by his act of sabotage.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by ijaw1stson: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
This devilish government keep setting new records for their stupidity. I've never heard about this before in any country

362 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by IlovePMB: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
This government is not organized at all.

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by HeadShot: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Racoon:
Oops! Asiri ti tu.Meaning even the dullard was already listening to his own draft speech after being pre-recorded? These presidential media team are as daft as their principal.

Can Buhari do a live broadcast?.. Certainly no
Can he hold a press conference ?.. No

I wonder the kinda President we have

405 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by manuelreports: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Confussssssion
ma oburu Nwanyi Yoruba

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Kamani8: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
Lool
Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Kamani8: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
IlovePMB:
This government is not organized at all.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by sapele914(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
Racoon:
Oops! Asiri ti tu.Meaning even the dullard was already listening to his own draft speech after being pre-recorded? These presidential media team are as daft as their principal.
Mr Intelligent, and you are at home complaining? Why better company, no give you Job?

26 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by sapele914(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
ijaw1stson:
This devilish government keep setting new records for their stupidity. I've never heard about this before in any country
Shows how opaque your mind is, what do you really know, other than wailing? As if that useless former Ijo drunk President knew anything about governance?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
sapele914:
Mr Intelligent, and you are at home complaining? Why better company, no give you Job?
And did I tell you I need a job? Efulefu!

310 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by sapele914(m): 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
manuelreports:
Confussssssion
ma oburu Nwanyi Yoruba
What is confusing about the speech, maybe hard for backward thinkers to comprehend, in fact, did you actually listen to the speech?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by sapele914(m): 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Racoon:
And did I tell you I need a job? Efulefu!
Indeed you must need one, an idle mind is the Devil’s workshop, too much evil coming from your Hade.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Alright
Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by ojun50(m): 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
He is saying nonsense, thy should free who ever leak the pre-record.... Buhari and is staff are not organize

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by JubrinElSudan: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
As if the 2nd one didn't leak too. Cos I saw that one too before the broadcast

24 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by manuel4real(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
[s]
sapele914:
Shows how opaque your mind is, what do you really know, other than wailing? As if that useless former Ijo drunk President knew anything about governance?
[/s]

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nothing to defend here.
Some of the president's speech have always been in the public domain before the president finishes his speech in which it is wrong & not of global best practice.
The presidency should just do the needful next time.

11 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Tetrahedron: 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Chai !

Where is yenefer, mannabbqgrils, seunmsg, and the rest of the zombie clan?

Come and see your masters

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by merit455(m): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
sapele914:
You get job? Orishirishi

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by odinga1of: 1:50am On Apr 29, 2020
sapele914:

Jobless Innuendo

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by ijaw1stson: 3:35am On Apr 29, 2020
sapele914:
abeg park well. I have no apologies for zombies. Did you see where I compared Jonathan to buhari in my post? You think you are wise, common English you can't interpret. Be glad I even wasted some minutes to reply you. All these children on nL

187 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by sugaslim(m): 3:52am On Apr 29, 2020
This defense is watery.

34 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Stalwert: 3:59am On Apr 29, 2020
sapele914:

Nigerians remove feeding bottle from his mouth when we pursue GEJ from power and prevented his beloved Fulani master - Atiku from nearing power, he has never been the sane, just roaming nairaland aimlessly complaining.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by gasparpisciotta: 4:06am On Apr 29, 2020
In an ideal situation, whoever released the document to social media should be sacked immediately. Such an individual cannot be trusted with states secrets.

13 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Addme: 4:22am On Apr 29, 2020
So where is the revelation?
Going by the headlines,I was expecting to see names but at the end it's the usual balderdash.

29 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Corporate2020: 4:39am On Apr 29, 2020
Racoon:

He is a dullard but your parents are not qualified to be his gateman. That's the type of dullard I want to be.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 29, 2020
Corporate2020:

He is a dullard but your parents are not qualified to be his gateman. That's the type of dullard I want to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:19am On Apr 29, 2020
The President and the Presidency daftness wrecks to high heavens...

Sophisticated brethren like helinues, Stalwert & co.. Won't react to this, instead they will be quoting the so called wailers..

20 Likes

Re: How Buhari’s COVID-19 Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast - Femi Adesina by Parisian: 6:35am On Apr 29, 2020
If that person didn't leak the speech,
PMB's Govt would still be lying that the broadcast was done live. The person who leaked it is a hero for exposing this government.
festacman:
Kick the leaker's a*se really hard for causing unnecessary confusion by his act of sabotage.

75 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emir Ado Bayero Presenting A Prize To El-Rufai In The 1970s / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks / CBN Governor Emefiele Hurriedly Leaves US After Buhari's Tongue-Lashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.