Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 (1071 Views)

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? / Best Tablet Out There To Buy / New 2011 Free Dstv Software For Phone And Pc (download Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 by hermosa(f): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
I went gadget shopping today and came across the ipad for the first time (yes guys, im a late bloomer!) and i'll give apple hands down, they rule when it comes to making gadgets that remind us of a better modern future filled of technological wonders!! That thing is Amah-zing!!
size: It's a likeable 9.7 inch so i'm reminded that i'm not holding a very gigantic phone in my hand (cough* samsung galaxy cough*)
design: Not really impressive when the screen's blank, but once it came on, i thought and gone to Apple paradise, i was already imagining all the cough* free apps i could put on it, it already has itunes store on it, then on the top left side there a sim slot to insert your sim in, so yes it is kinda like a gigantic phone (wish they'd put a web cam for video conferencing-not like i actually use the web cam on my laptop, but we're talking about Nigerians here, they need their webcam)
other outside decors: screen lock, volume button and a headphone jock.
internal size: love the fact that you could purchase it in 3 different sizes (or is it 4??) 16gb, 32gb and 64gb. cool huh? word to the wise, forget the 16gb, apple offers too much apps for you to settle for a misreable 16gb, you'll onle get frustrated once it's filled to the brim with you movies, music video and apps.
display: love the colors!! love love 'em cheesy cheesy
all in all i loved it, for more on the ipad you can go to apple store:p

no 2. my number two would be motorola's Xoom, for it's apps and cam

no 3. blackberry playbook for its, blackberri-ness hehesmiley

wat about you guys? wat's your favorite Tablet till date?
Re: The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 by iice(f): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
The xoom is getting rave reviews. . .
Re: The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 by hermosa(f): 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
I saw the LG tablet yesterday, even though it was from a distance, it looked good, the icons moved swiftly under the hands of the person holding it.
design-wise: a bit smaller than the ipad, the musta cut off a few cm of it, so it looked more longer/rectangular-ish.
but i dunno about the apps, would it be worth gettin undecided? i dunno
Re: The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 by iice(f): 2:57am On Jan 12, 2011
Interesting. Maybe there are some reviews on it
Re: The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 by hermosa(f): 5:21am On Jan 12, 2011
yea, there were some reviews on it but kinda vague,
Re: The Best Tablet Of 2010/ Early 2011 by iice(f): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2011
I checked too. . .couldn't find anything substantial. It's the optimus tab right? Or something like that

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is This ISP: Unlimited 4g? / Laptop Skins And Covers / Nvidia Geforce Laptop Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.