Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” (56694 Views)

Mob Kills Vigilante For Blasphemy In Abuja (Pictures) / Mubarak Bala, Pleads Guilty To Blasphemy, sentenced to 24 years imprisonment / Nigeria Police Arrest Acclaimed Atheist, Mubarak Bala, For Alleged Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Philinho(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
While others fight for their gods, my God is fighting for me.... Wow

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Dannyfan(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Who write the constitution of Nigeria that allow Sharia? Don't you think Sharia only come in in cases like this? It never benefit the muslims than to persecuted non-muslims and muslims.
Don't you think it's barbaric to kill someone because he said something about your religion?
Don't you think it is also blasphemy to arrest someone because of his beliefs?
Seriously, religion have never mould us it has change us either for good or bad or both.
Most religions have change from their struggle to kill for their religion but it sadden that some will not change. Killing for your religion is bad either blasphemy or not.
Did you know the highest level of blasphemy I have ever seen?
Is an Holy book regarding an Holy book as inaccurate? What sort of blasphemy is more grevious than regarding the god of an holy book as incompetent/confuse?
Change from your way.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Eshiosbest: 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
philip0906:

Valid! Good thing you've done is to admit that these alleged violence by christians, was from the 18th century and down

Now ask yourself this question: What changed in the 19th, 20th and 21st century? There are still over 2.3 billion christians in the world. What changed about christianity to make it more tolerant and not continue the alleged "killing spree" of the 18th century and down? What stopped the billions of christians in modern day, not to continue the alleged "terror unleash"?

That is the problem the other religion has. They have been killing since inception and are extremely intolerant of other religion and people. Till date, majority of the unrest and problem, is still tied to this religion.
kaycee125:
Terrorist religion, religion of piss.
philip0906:

Valid! Good thing you've done is to admit that these alleged violence by christians, was from the 18th century and down

Now ask yourself this question: What changed in the 19th, 20th and 21st century? There are still over 2.3 billion christians in the world. What changed about christianity to make it more tolerant and not continue the alleged "killing spree" of the 18th century and down? What stopped the billions of christians in modern day, not to continue the alleged "terror unleash"?

That is the problem the other religion has. They have been killing since inception and are extremely intolerant of other religion and people. Till date, majority of the unrest and problem, is still tied to this religion.
Thank u brother
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
SexytorresE:
He was a Muslim was b4 converting to Christian in 2014

He never converted to christian dont lie.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Philinho(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
GodSaklek:
I don't know when blasphemy or atheism becomes a crime in Nigeria that will let police to arrest,when Nigeria isn't a Saudi Arabia or other Islamic state,they should release the guy as soon as possible..

I don't know why they are defending their powerless god, if truly their god is powerful, they should let him do the judgement by himself..

Mr man,stop saying nonsense here,there are many Christians that also threatened people online, apart from that, Christianity has killed more people for blasphemy in the past than any other religions,go and check it online for those that are killed in public for blasphemy. the reason why it was reduced nowadays is because whites that creates the religion doesn't take it serious anymore before they introduce it to Africa,because many of them doesn't practice it anymore unlike their great parents.
Christians of nowadays don't even concerned about blasphemy anymore, either u abuse them on not is non of their business what really concerned them is your pocket..

Put to death for what?,to defend your powerless god?. Why don't you guys let that god to kill those people by himself if he's truly powerful. There is no different between boko haram and Christians,Christians are just scared to kill because of whites,they want to make their religion to look different from Muslims,they are scared of Muslims and because of people's pockets, assume that Muslims are also seeing money like Christians,they will ignore blasphemy, just look at those Muslims in North, poverty has render them useless,how do u not expect hungry people not to killed?

Sharrap.... religion of peace

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by SexytorresE(f): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
whitelotus:

Are you the one that is building the lanes?

If you cannot handle criticism of your religion, then you might want to rethink your morality and anger issues
na one of them
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by olufemi247(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
I agree with your point a bit, but this does not in any way add or invalidate the fact that in the 21st century, I.e today the present people are still being arrested for blaspheme a crime that attracts a death sentence. [/quote]

I disagree with you on this one.. Have you forgotten how Muslim fighters (thé jihadists) started killing people that did not practice islam from 14BC..
Fact check.... Go and read the HISTORY of the JIHAD.
Knowledge is light

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by katheeroh: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
hmmm
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by lexy2014: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Osidazz19:

Google is your friend, use it. Just one quick fact- your fore fathers were enslaved and killed for over 300 years with convictions from the Bible. The white man used t he Bible to justify their enslavement of your forefathers which lead to the killing of millions over 300 years.
No religion has killed as much as Christianity, know the facts about your religion before you talk about others.

Pick up books and read or use Google to get the REAL history of your religion.

Let me address d points u raised one after d other. Its not google who said "Nigerians have no idea of the true history of Christianity". Its u who said it. Also, am not having a conversation with Google. Am having it with u. So when u tell me that Google is my friend, is Google ur enemy? Since u say "Pick up books and read or use Google to get the REAL history of your religion", I will assume that u have done this urself. And if that is d case, then u shouldn't have any problems giving details about what u read as answer to d simple question I asked.

U said this: "know the facts about your religion before you talk about others".

First, I don't remember telling u what religious following I belong to. Second, am not sure were u read any comment of mine were I talked about d religion of others. Also, d forefathers that u are referring, are they not your forefathers or aren't u an African?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by SexytorresE(f): 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
What the Bleep are u arguing about ? Even if he converted or not . I don’t have bussiness with the both religion, they stink . I can send u a link if u doubt . Mtchew
PAGAN9JA:

He never converted to christian dont lie.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by kemii8078: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
[color=#] 1028305[/color]
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Collinsanele: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/04/28/nigerian-police-arrest-humanist-leader-mubarak-bala-for-alleged-blasphemy/

Why can't people just keep their views or opinions to themselves.
If he does or doesn't like Islam good and fine.
Must he try to promote his hate for Islam so that others would buy to his myopic idea or believe.

This self imposition of one's opinions or views on others has caused wars and destruction since time immemorial.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by stevolution5: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:
Christianity has done what Islam will never ever do when it comes to terrorism and killings .it just got reformed over time because the Europeans that invented got tired of it and it's nonsense.

The transatlantic slave trade was founded on Christianity. That's just one example of the evils of the religion and how it hurt and killed millions of people here in Africa.

Christianity did more worse in the 18th century and down.

I guess you do not know much about Christianity and its spread throughout the World.

In a bid to spread and convert people Christians killed millions of people.

Religion itself unleashes terror where ever it goes.
. If you must talk in support of islam, at least talk smart, during the days of slave trade did anyone buy, sell or a kill a slave in the name of Christianity or Jesus Christ? Was it written anywhere in the bible to participate in slave trade for certain biblical fulfillment, come to think it from this perspective sef, in this our dispensation where pple have attained so much education and where there are so many human rights, ur religion still supports killings, jihads, harams. What is sharia if not violence. If you don't like the fact ur religion is associated with so much violence, kindly change ur religion rather that than saying this kindof dumb crap

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by SexytorresE(f): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
grin
Philinho:

Sharrap.... religion of peace

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by blowjohn(m): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2020
dorox:
This is the kind of news that should make front page rather than snake news.

Not news about a randy man coming to seek our opinion if he should sleep with his wife's sister like I saw last nite.
Very stupid fellow

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2020
SexytorresE:
What the Bleep are u arguing about ? Even if he converted or not . I don’t have bussiness with the both religion, they stink . I can send u a link if u doubt . Mtchew

Yeah send me a link. Dont misguide people.
Some of u are still inclined to your former beliefs

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by madrid5: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Osidazz19:

A lot of these "more Christian than Pope" Nigerians have no idea of the true history of Christianity.
MORE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED BY CHRISTIANS THAN ALL OTHER RELIGIONS COMBINED IN THEIR QUEST TO FORCE THR RELIGION ON OTHERS.
not necessary European history is just more detailed and known that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by MarysMeal: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
Osidazz19:

Google is your friend, use it. Just one quick fact- your fore fathers were enslaved and killed for over 300 years with convictions from the Bible. The white man used t he Bible to justify their enslavement of your forefathers which lead to the killing of millions over 300 years.
No religion has killed as much as Christianity, know the facts about your religion before you talk about others.

Pick up books and read or use Google to get the REAL history of your religion.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by kemii536: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by PervertProphet: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/04/28/nigerian-police-arrest-humanist-leader-mubarak-bala-for-alleged-blasphemy/

You see them. No be we talk am. After they will say Islam is the way or Islam is Peace.

The Baby Religion that bullies everyone and can't defend itself. It must kill when you criticise their Pedophile Prophet Muhammad who killed and insulted others. Muhammad killed poets., Etc.

The Moderate Muslims even here on Nairaland. They try to bully everyone and make sure that there is no free speech while their Jihadi brothers are doing the physical violence. Two groups. Same purpose. Different tactics at achieving same purpose.

You will never see Christians killing you because you insulted Jesus but just as much as quote from their book verbatim of how their Pedophile Prophet Muhammad had intercourse with a 9year Child. They will immediately accuse you falsely of hating on them. Haha! They will lie that you don't understand the context of a 54 year old man having intercourse with a 9year old child. Haha! They will go start abusing Paul that never slept with a 9year old child like their Pedophile Prophet Muhammad whom they call last prophet. Haha!

All they know is slam their heads five times day, cram Arabic. Even the Arabic. They don't understand it. And tell lies against Historical records, the Bible, qur'an and Hadiths. One thing they don't know. Their truth is to only defend the Pedophile Prophet Muhammad who had menstraution sex f*ndling.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Opeyemi4real(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:
Christianity has done what Islam will never ever do when it comes to terrorism and killings .it just got reformed over time because the Europeans that invented got tired of it and it's nonsense.

The transatlantic slave trade was founded on Christianity. That's just one example of the evils of the religion and how it hurt and killed millions of people here in Africa.

I guess you do not know much about Christianity and its spread throughout the World.

And Muslims are getting worse in the 21century. Shameless!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Vivuch: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2020
Let me tell you guys, Nigeria runs two government, secular government and Sharia government. This guy should get a good lawyer and he will win them hands down. Blasphemy is not a crime in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by MarysMeal: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2020
Gregorian2020:
Are they saying that their sharia constitution is more higher than the Nigerian constitution?
There is freedom of speech in the Nigeria constitution. The Muslim should be given their own country where they can practice their sharia law. Wicked set of inhuman religious
Niger Delta oil will not allow that to happen. Bunch of hypocrites.

Imagine if the oil were to be in the North.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

There is no sense in what you have written, while your last sentence is a conclusion of foolishness, except you are an atheist. We are talking of current reality, you are bringing manipulated history of backwards ages.

Islam was forced on people from inception by battle. The Prophet and his followers fought battle (Jihad), the spread of Islam was by force. The Crusaders also fought battle. The EU was established after war in order for peace to reign in Europe. We are in the world thinking of technology and peace not of terrorism.

Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie in 1988 caused tension while there are hundreds of books written against Jesus or New testament without any tension created by the Church or Christians. On nairaland, Islamic thread requires you swear to an oath before you can make contributions, what kind of religion is this?

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by womenareapes: 9:55am On Apr 29, 2020
this blood tasty religion of piss! undecided

nothing good always come out of Islam! either child rape, murder, terrorism and murder by blasphemy. undecided

were the the peace in Islam?

you people are the real definition or reta..rd

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by SexytorresE(f): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

Yeah send me a link. Dont misguide people.
Some of u are still inclined to your former beliefs
http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/28/activist-arrested-kaduna-%E2%80%98insulting-prophekt-muhammad%E2%80%99-facebook sorry atheist not Christianity . My bad

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by shadyLP(m): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2020
Buharidgeneral:
Humanist

Abeg elucidate

with not less than 1000,000 words... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2020
Osidazz19:
[[s]quote author=PAGAN9JA post=88978931]The Religion of Peace must be BANNED from ALL NON MUSLIM countries.

This is what happens when muslims become majority!

This is the SECULAR NIGERIA WE ARE LIVING IN

If non muslims YOU DONT STAND UP in protest for his release, then, tomorrow will be YOUR TURN .

SAVE THE CONSTITUTION OF NIGERIA

SAVE THE SECULARISM OF NIGERIA

2 LAWS CANNOT FUNCTION UNDER 1 ROOF

SHARIAAH AND DEMOCRACY CANNOT GO HAND IN HAND.

I stand with my Hausa Brother and activist Mubarak Bala from Kano.

Save the last few intelligent people left amongst us.

Save this brave man who has spent years in a mental asylum by his own family for standing up for his rights to SPEAK WHAT HE WANTS.

#SaveMubarakBala
[/s]
Secularism? When your Governors in the SE are busy building churches and are under thr control of Christian religious leaders? SECULARISM my ass.

#IPOBHYPOCRISY

A little bit about the guy you quoted...

1.He is not from the South East

2.He is not a Christian either. Or a Muslim. He is an African Traditionalist.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by muykem: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2020
I don't understand, does police have any evidence that Mohamed is not a terrorist?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Bellotelli: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

Slavery predates both Christianity and Islam.. It has been a part of human history from inception. Although I may not be in support of his arrest but he should know that freedom of speech is never absolute.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Ajixegun: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Definitely, there will be reaction in different manners, but not to the extent of calling on the authority to exterminate him, because of blasphemy against one's religion (so barbaric).

JAMO84:
Has he ever insult Jesus? We would love to see how you people would react when Jesus is involved.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by guy222: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

We are talking about this 21st centuary you are talking about things that happened hundred's of years ago. In those days slave trade was like buying and selling of goods which there for means that everybody irrespective of religion involves in it. get your point right please

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.