Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG (564 Views)

COVID-19 Cure: Iwu Says FG Yet To Show Interest In Their Drug / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says FG's Mission To Kogi Failed / Prevent Coronavirus From Getting To Nigeria - Senate Says FG Not Doing Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2020
The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, says the “authorities” have explained that the “unexplained deaths” of hundreds of people in Kano State were not out of the ordinary. Ehanire, at the briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja Tuesday, said: “ There’s national concern about the sharp increase of COVID-19 positive cases in Kano concentrated in seven municipal council areas and also about certain so-called ‘unexplained’ deaths. The authorities have explained that the latter were not out of the ordinary.”

He said the Federal Government would deploy ambulances and a fact-finding committee to Kano State to ascertain the true extent of the effect of the COVID-19 in the state as well as to improve the state’s efforts in fighting the spread of the disease. He said the announcement of new measures for non-pharmacological intervention by President Buhari would allow the ministry additional time for contact tracing and testing. Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Chikwe Ihekweazu, said they would test two million Nigerians for COVID-19 in three months at 50,000 per state.

He admitted Nigeria was lagging behind in testing, stressing that the response team’s goal was to avoid a single case in any of the three states (Cross Rivers, Kogi and Yobe) still without any reported case of COVID-19. He said the Federal Government was working very hard with its development partners to equip labs to be able to carry out the tests. “It’s going to cost us a lot of money, but we can’t do this without a lot of collaboration from everybody. A country that has achieved a lot more in terms of testing is South Africa. Not only that, they’ve tested more as a proportion of their population. “We’re lagging behind, but now we have to catch up. So, when I referred to this, it is really an epidemiological indicator of how well a response is doing. “Coronavirus is now in 32 states across Nigeria, it doesn’t fly about on its own from state to state; it’s carried by humans. We seek to limit transmission in Nigeria by discouraging interstate travel.” He said the molecular laboratory at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, had been re-opened and was already carrying out tests on COVID-19. The Minister of Health, Ehanire, disclosed that the 15-member medical team from China who recently completed their compulsory 14-day quarantine had all tested negative for the COVID-19 virus. He said the Nigerian Army had agreed to support isolation centres with security “as the need arises.” The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, said the first set of Nigerians abroad would be evacuated next Monday from Dubai. He said most hotels in Abuja and Lagos had refused the offer to be used as quarantine centres for Nigerian returnees abroad. “We’ve been able now to identify some hotels here in Abuja and also in Lagos. These hotels want to be paid way in advance. The arrangement is that the passengers (Nigerian evacuees) will have to pay for them, and so, that mechanism is something that we’ll have to work out,” he said.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-says-kano-mass-deaths-not-extra-ordinary.html

Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by SLAP44: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2020
The honorable minister is playing safe, if he ever mentions that the deaths are suspicious or should be investigated, he will fall into the bad books of the north and may be replaced by one Abubakar Danladi, a junior medical doctor who just graduated from ABU zaria.

Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by Yenefer(f): 7:53am On Apr 29, 2020
SLAP44:
Okay.
okay what?
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by Yenefer(f): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2020
It's fake news. there's nothing to worry about. LameMedia is making it a big deal,. people die all the time in the south due to strange illness like HIV

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by manuelreports: 7:56am On Apr 29, 2020
So what is kiling them, how many years will yoi wait to detect what is wrong. Meanwhile where are the Cheese Doctors?
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by GOFRONT(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2020
Gandollar you see yasef??
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
It's fake news there's nothing to worry about. Media is making it a big deal people die all the time

some people no dey reason before dem talk

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by Realyin(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

some people no dey reason before dem talk

Iswr
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by Chikelue2000(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
It's fake news. there's nothing to worry about. LameMedia is making it a big deal,. people die all the time in the south due to strange illness like HIV
fake news indeed....y not just keep quiet if u have nothing to say...my friends from Kano confirmed dis to me....if not for the ban on travels, most people will leave Kano
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by Chikelue2000(m): 8:03am On Apr 29, 2020
I am not just happy with FG and our research institute....I heard Ghana or one African country developed their own test kits....can't we do dis?....
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by SLAP44: 8:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Chikelue2000:
I am not just happy with FG and our research institute....I heard Ghana or one African country developed their own test kits....can't we do dis?....

In Nigeria where the school system is being underfunded and policies being aimed to keep the masses ignorant? You think the mistreatment of ASUU is not on purpose to make sure they remain unsettled till we graduate from the university without being taught?

Think!
Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2020
Ever since I saw a video of a lemomu preaching against Coronavirus to his large numbers of followers in kano, I gave up on them...

Let me cull out a part from my book;
"You cannot be Abraham and be your own Melchizedek, You cannot be Jacob and be your own Levi..."

A must Read For All!

ANTICIPATE, Coming Soon.

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Deaths Not Extra-ordinary, Says FG by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:

Is HIV still part of the "strange illness" in Nigeria??

(1) (Reply)

8 Key Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach / The Whereabouts Of The Chinese Doctors (Personal Opinion) / Help Urgently-i Feel Dizzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.