Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (110004 Views)

My Net Caught This Beautiful Kingfisher At My Pond Today (Photo) / We Caught This Monitor Lizard And I Am Presently Keeping It As A Pet / A Mysterious Tortoise Appeared In Our Backyard Today. Advise Needed! (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by RobinRay(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
that's a terrapin

A terrapin is one of several small species of turtle living in
fresh or brackish water.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrapin

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by landmark86: 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
h
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Whobedatte(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
Groom it to become another Alaagba
Alaagba at souns palace in ogbomoso is a money spinning tourist attraction .
You can ff suit tongue

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Mutemenot(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
Mbe grin

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by pat077: 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
I hope you are not gonna devour that thing
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Akechukwuka: 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
It's a tortoise

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Willy123(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
This is a turtle. You are lucky you now have a pet!

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by SQLmastar(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
That's a freshwater turtle of the mungo species.
They are known to be medicinal. Ancient Chinese used them to cure viruses.
@OP, kill it, pound and grind a mixture of the head and shell. Mix with honey and drink... Its a NATURAL VACCINATION!

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Mabelenena(f): 2:45pm On May 01, 2020
SocialJustice:
That's a tortoise, turtles can't hide in their shell like this.

CHAI! WHICH SCHOOL YOU GO??

Turtles and tortoises are closely related.
They are both reptiles from the same
family (Testudines or Chelonian). The main
difference between the two is that turtle is
the name given to water-dwellers and
tortoise is the name given to land-dwellers.
... Its shell is lighter and more streamlined
than that of a tortoise.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by dataking: 2:45pm On May 01, 2020
pezeji:
As a result of this lockdown, boredom became too much and I went fishing in a nearby water behind my building here in ago, Lagos State.

Fortunately I caught this little, innocent and shy animal.

It's my new pet

Release the innocent animal. See the small container you are using to cage it.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by atheistandproud(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2020
space9880:
fresh water terrapin

Smart answer

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by phantom24: 2:45pm On May 01, 2020
you better return it b4 d gods com 4 ur head tongue
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
Turtle Dike

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by brainhgeek(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
pezeji:
As a result of this lockdown, boredom became too much and I went fishing in a nearby water behind my building here in ago, Lagos State.

It's my new pet

Looks like tortoise but I need to see the flipper to be sure it is not turtle
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Sanchez01: 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
That's a turtle. Tortoises have rough shells while turtles have smooth shells.
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
You

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Golan007: 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
It's your new pet how?

You just took him away from his habitat he was always comfortable with and now you've called him your pet.

Imagine if aliens did that to us.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by ekestic1976(f): 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
Ha, you dare not EAT it o, or you'll start to swell up in your mouth and right hand in SEVEN DAYS time. It's a meal of the Elders.
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by SalamRushdie: 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
Even though I can't see the legs and head to fully determine but from shape of the shell it's a turtle...Why did you remove it from it's habitat? What do you plan to do with him

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by lexy2014: 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
pezeji:

It's my new pet

Ur new pet and u don't even no what it is. If u don't no what it is, how would u now know how to feed it or give d best life that it needs and deserves? Return d animal to were u got it from so u don't make life difficult for it

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by merits(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
You can call it clutch or brake. grin
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by dukeprince50: 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
pezeji:

It's my new pet
its a tortoise, Turtle do not hibernate into their shells

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by jericco1(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
pezeji:
it's too innocent to be eaten

Nigerians dey know innocent?

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by humilitypays(m): 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
onward4life:

This wan nah "TOTU"
shocked cheesy
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by lastempero: 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
U picked ur forefathers, this guy u get mind.
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by dukeprince50: 2:49pm On May 01, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Even though I can't see the legs and head to fully determine but from shape of the shell it's a turtle...Why did you remove it from it's habitat? What do you plan to do with him
Turtle do not hibernate into their shells, The ventral view shows its a Tortoise.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 01, 2020
Pond Turtle
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Dpharisee: 2:49pm On May 01, 2020
You plan to keep it as pet, that thing outlives it's owners, remember the one at Oba of Ibadan Palace called Baba Agba which has seen several king's for 300 years grin grin

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by harry6th(m): 2:49pm On May 01, 2020
Tortoise. They also live in water and feed on fishes to grow depending on its habitat.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by dukeprince50: 2:50pm On May 01, 2020
Sanchez01:
That's a turtle. Tortoises have rough shells while turtles have smooth shells.
Its a tortoise, Turtle do not hibernate to into their shells.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! / Idemili Python Visited My Site, This Year Will Be Great (Photos) / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple