Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,526 members, 7,837,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

4 Nigerian Music Duos That Went Solo (you Will Never Believe The Last One) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 4 Nigerian Music Duos That Went Solo (you Will Never Believe The Last One) (583 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: Kiki Mordi Stole Credit Of The Lady That Went Undercover / Speed Darlington And Vic O Fight Over Music Collaboration That Went Sour / 4 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Have Hot Abs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Music Duos That Went Solo (you Will Never Believe The Last One) by wonderbaba: 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
4 Music Duos That Went Solo: Nigerian music industry has been whole lots fun with new artistes been welcomed. In Africa today, Nigerian has been taking the lead when it comes to music and videos.

There have been some notable band groups in Nigerian which today have went on to have a solo career and we will take our time to discuss few of them here. Many lost the glory and faded away after leaving the group while some have been soering high and making names for themselves with great musics to their name.

Today we are taking our time to list to you the five (5) notable groups that broke up and couldn’t stand on their own while some have been doing absolutely okay.

P_Square
Peter Okoye and Paul Okoye that are well know as Psquare is a Nigerian music twins and was one of the powerful music duo the industry has ever produced so far. They have recorded so many hit songs and album that even till date is still trending, E.g Bank Alert, Away, Get Square, Ifunanya. Also they have recorded so many albums together too, albums like Double Trouble, Get Squared, Danger, Game Over, The Invasion and Get Serious.

They both had an enjoying moment together as music duos, but today they decided to go solo with Peter Okoye now known as Mr P and Paul Okoye now known as Rudeboy.

Peter and Paul Okoye are the perfect definition of talent as both the singers have been doing well even after break up. Rudeboy has recorded so many hit to his name too, Hits like Chizoba, Audio Money, Nkeji, Take It, iFai and Reason With Me.

Mr P himself is no exception when you talk about music today, he has proven to be good even as a solo artist with so many hit songs too on his name. he is responsible for hits like, Zombie, My Way, Too Late, Karma and One More Night.

Plantashun Boys

Plantashun Boys that consist of Faze, 2baba and Blackface is indeed a well known Nigerian music group that did wonders during their reign. The group was formed back in their university days in Institution Of Management and Technology (I.M.T). They later moved to Lagos in pursuit for their music career. the group was too strong that the least we expected was a break up.

It started with 2face know known as 2Baba when he announced his intention to leave the group and start as a solo artist. The break up did go well as he was accused of stealing African Queen which turns to be a hit when 2face released it back in 2004.

2Baba went on as a solo artist and no doubt he has been raving not just in Nigerian but in Africa and beyond. He has recorded so many hits and albums to his name that even till date, it’s still trending.

He is responsible for hits like African Queen, Opo, Oyi, Only Me, Amaka,If Love Is A Crime See Me So, Ginger, True Love and I dey Hear Everything.
2face has been the most successful of them all as he also have recorded so many Albums, Awards and International recognitions.

Continue Reading>>>https://ngsongs.com/2020/04/29/4-nigerian-music-duos-that-went-solo/

(1) (Reply)

FG Appoints Ali Baba, Segun Arinze, Bolanle Austin-peters Kene Okwuosa Others On / Twilight Actor Gregory Tyree Boyce, Dies With His Girlfriend In Their Apartment. / Nollywood: Destiny Etiko Father's First Burial. See Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.