Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION (1996 Views)

Prophetic Parallels From The Books Of Daniel And Revelation / Comparison Of Ezekiel 37:4-10, Ephesians 5:25-27 And Revelation 12:10-11 / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
Information is just mental assent or awareness of a head knowlege, fact, an event or truth.
INFORMATION (awareness) brings IMITATION which leads to LIMITATIONS.

But REVELATION (GENUINE CONVICTION in the inner man) LEADS TO TRANSFORMATION(=TRANSFIGURATION, RESTORATION and RESURRECTION).

IN ALL ... GET THE REVELATION OF GOD'S WORD IN YOUR HEART.If you believe it you will invest in it.

Steps to Genuine Revelation.
1.Faith.
2. Genuine desire(hunger; Which can be ignited through fasting).
3. Interaction with The Word.
4.Intimacy with The Father, Son, and Spirit.(prayers)
5.Meditation.
6.Revelation: this is the time when the word becomes more real to you than anything else, there is great conviction in your spirit-man; there is full persuasion , the Word becomes light; spirit and life, at this point ENCOUNTERS MANIFEST and you move from faith to faith and your reward and expectations shall not be cut off.
(Proverbs 24:13&24)

May The God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ Enlighten our hearts to receive His Word with understanding; that the Word planted in our hearts will bear fruits abundantly. Amen.
Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by CelestineNelson: 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
wow this is deep...And the Word became flesh, At this point men will torch you and power will flow...your cloth will carry the same energies of eternity that run through the veins like fire and electric spark (anointing and baptism of the Holy Ghost)...Because the eternal word has become flesh, by the union of the word and the spirit...This is the power of incarnation of Christ... #Gospel Incarnated breed of the ancient Zion's King...i am Celestine Nelson the Son of the Living God...

1 Like

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
CelestineNelson:
wow this is deep...And the Word became flesh, At this point men will torch you and power will flow...your cloth will carry the same energies of eternity that run through the veins like fire and electric spark (anointing and baptism of the Holy Ghost)...Because the eternal word has become flesh, by the union of the word and the spirit...This is the power of incarnation of Christ... #Gospel Incarnated breed of the ancient Zion's King...i am Celestine Nelson the Son of the Living God...
... , through Christ. (John1:12)
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
Csonice1:
Information is just mental assent or awareness of a head knowlege, fact, an event or truth.
INFORMATION (awareness) brings IMITATION which leads to LIMITATIONS.

But REVELATION (GENUINE CONVICTION in the inner man) LEADS TO TRANSFORMATION(=TRANSFIGURATION, RESTORATION and RESURRECTION).

IN ALL ... GET THE REVELATION OF GOD'S WORD IN YOUR HEART.If you believe it you will invest in it.

Steps to Genuine Revelation.
1.Faith.
2. Genuine desire(hunger; Which can be ignited through fasting).
3. Interaction with The Word.
4.Intimacy with The Father, Son, and Spirit.(prayers)
5.Meditation.
6.Revelation: this is the time when the word becomes more real to you than anything else, there is great conviction in your spirit-man; there is full persuasion , the Word becomes light; spirit and life, at this point encounters Manifest and you move from faith to faith and your reward and expectations shall not be cut off.
(Proverbs 24:13&24)

May The God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ Enlighten our hearts to receive His Word with understanding; that the Word planted in our hearts will bear fruits abundantly. Amen.
Remain blessed.

Good afternoon.

I feel everything you listed up there as steps all come from INFORMATION. You cant separate them.

Information is very key to Revelation because you will know or receive revelation via information. Everything that comes to man usually comes as information, whether revelation or sensual knowledge. They are all information Sir.

If we try to separate information from revelation it will be like separating cooked rice from water we used in cooking it. One is just the medium of the other.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
hupernikao:

Good afternoon.

I feel everything you listed up there as steps all come from INFORMATION. You cant separate them.

Information is very key to Revelation because you will know or receive revelation via information. Everything that comes to man usually comes as information, whether revelation or sensual knowledge. They are all information Sir.

If we try to separate information from revelation it will be like separating cooked rice from water we used in cooking it. One is just the medium of the other.

Good pm sir.
You are right ; they are interrelated but different...
Information gives you the awareness of a possibility or existence of a fact. I humbly think that some theologians remain here.

Revelation gives you the substance of it's truth as well as the evidence that comes through faith. You don't have the experience of eating by just knowing that people eat .

you don't have to stop at the information level ; people are usually aware of so many things. But transformation comes when God's Word is revealed to your spirit.
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
Csonice1:

Good pm sir.
You are right ; they are interrelated but different...
Information gives you the awareness of a possibility or existence of a fact. I humbly think that some theologians remain here.

Revelation gives you the substance of it's truth as well as the evidence that comes through faith. You don't have the experience of eating by just knowing that people eat .

you don't have to stop at the information level ; people are usually aware of so many things. But transformation comes when God's Word is revealed to your spirit.

Okay.
What i am saying in essence is that, that substance of the truth you mentioned that gives revelation is information in itself. That transformation that comes from God's word as revelation that you mentioned is likewise information in itself. Whatever a man can receive via its physical or spiritual senses all come by information.

Information is called revelation when it unveils or reveals what is not known or hidden before, because what it is known to you, it can never be a revelation to you again except its not fully known. Hence information comes via knowing, learning, teaching, instructing and correction and all these are elements of revelation.

Revelation simple means To reveal something, to unveil, to make known, laying bear, making naked; a disclosure of truth that which was not known (especially to the mind) before. The reason you see Paul always used revelation (apokalupsis) in contrast to mysteries (musterion).

But in all, all that is revealed, unveiled, made known, laid bear, made naked; disclosured are all from information. Hence information is how we receive all things including revelation.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 9:13am On May 01, 2020
hupernikao:

Okay.
What i am saying in essence is that, that substance of the truth you mentioned that gives revelation is information in itself. That transformation that comes from God's word as revelation that you mentioned is likewise information in itself. Whatever a man can receive via its physical or spiritual senses all come by information.

Information is called revelation when it unveils or reveals what is not known or hidden before, because what it is known to you, it can never be a revelation to you again except its not fully known. Hence information comes via knowing, learning, teaching, instructing and correction and all these are elements of revelation.

Revelation simple means To reveal something, to unveil, to make known, laying bear, making naked; a disclosure of truth that which was not known (especially to the mind) before. The reason you see Paul always used revelation (apokalupsis) in contrast to mysteries (musterion).

But in all, all that is revealed, unveiled, made known, laid bear, made naked; disclosured are all from information. Hence information is how we receive all things including revelation.

I understand your point.
I wouldn't want to argue with you over this, even though I could explain more: argument is not my aim for posting, I believe in witnessing for Christ.
this is true if you're willing to receive it.

Not everything is information sir, there are things that surpass knowledge... you can get a revelation in your spirit; an unveiling that can't be fully explained in human speech.: if you want to explain it to someone else, there is a possibility that he might not get a glimpse.
Just as love has breadth, lenght and depth and height and it requires revelation in the spirit-man for it to be fully comprehended.
[Ephesians 3:14-19 *emphasis on verses 18&19, I recommend amplified version for the sake of Clarity]

if you forget everything I have said, don't forget that:
1. EVERY WORD OF GOD IS POWERFUL;
a. Written Word ( The Bible),
b. Sent or revealed Word(received in the spirit)
c. The Living Word ( our Lord Jesus Christ)

2. FOR OUR SAKES, THE THREE OF THEM ARE INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER: just as hope, faith and love abide...:
hope is not faith, faith is not love. in a similar way even though they abide, information differs from Revelation.

3. GOD'S REVEALED WORD IS TANGIBLE:
They are spirit and life (and as such possess the qualities of both). God's sent Word through Christ gives Life to whom/where/what it's sent and gives substance through faith to the Written Word.( a body cannot live without a spirit but the spirit can live outside the body: they are different)

The point is this:
Revealed/sent Word:
They are spirit and life. They are sent, they acheive the will of God. They occupy your heart as spirits LIVING INSIDE OF YOU: that your heart will not just be empty and swept clean.
THEY ARE REPRESENTATIVES BACKED UP BY GODS INTEGRITY.
Ezekiel 2:1-2.
Isaiah 55:9-11.
John 6:63
Hebrews 4:12.

I pray that yo you might also understand it.
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
Csonice1:

I understand your point.
I wouldn't want to argue with you over this, even though I could explain more: argument is not my aim for posting, I believe in witnessing for Christ.
this is true if you're willing to receive it.

Not everything is information sir, there are things that surpass knowledge... you can get a revelation in your spirit; an unveiling that can't be fully explained in human speech.: if you want to explain it to someone else, there is a possibility that he might not get a glimpse.
Just as love has breadth, lenght and depth and height and it requires revelation in the spirit-man for it to be fully comprehended.
[Ephesians 3:14-19 *emphasis on verses 18&19, I recommend amplified version for the sake of Clarity]

if you forget everything I have said, don't forget that:
1. EVERY WORD OF GOD IS POWERFUL;
a. Written Word ( The Bible),
b. Sent or revealed Word(received in the spirit)
c. The Living Word ( our Lord Jesus Christ)

2. FOR OUR SAKES, THE THREE OF THEM ARE INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER: just as hope, faith and love abide...:
hope is not faith, faith is not love. in a similar way even though they abide, information differs from Revelation.

3. GOD'S REVEALED WORD IS TANGIBLE:
They are spirit and life (and as such possess the qualities of both). God's sent Word through Christ gives Life to whom/where/what it's sent and gives substance through faith to the Written Word.( a body cannot live without a spirit but the spirit can live outside the body: they are different)

The point is this:
Revealed/sent Word:
They are spirit and life. They are sent, they acheive the will of God. They occupy your heart as spirits LIVING INSIDE OF YOU: that your heart will not just be empty and swept clean.
THEY ARE REPRESENTATIVES BACKED UP BY GODS INTEGRITY.
Ezekiel 2:1-2.
Isaiah 55:9-11.
John 6:63
Hebrews 4:12.

I pray that yo you might also understand it.

Okay. Can you specifically explain how we receive revelation. I mean in what form does it come to us. Just like the form of secular knowledge is received by passing set of information either from outside or processed inside us by knowing things around.

In what form is revelation when it comes to you?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by orunto27: 3:19pm On May 01, 2020
INFORMATION BY ACTIONS, INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS-REAL.
REVELATION BY FEELINGS, THINKINGS AND REASONINGS-DREAMS
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 6:55pm On May 01, 2020
orunto27:
INFORMATION BY ACTIONS, INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS-REAL.

REVELATION BY FEELINGS, THINKINGS AND REASONINGS-DREAMS

Good evening
I don't get this. Are you refering to how information and revelation comes?
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 9:25pm On May 01, 2020
hupernikao:

Okay. Can you specifically explain how we receive revelation. I mean in what form does it come to us. Just like the form of secular knowledge is received by passing set of information either from outside or processed inside us by knowing things around.

In what form is revelation when it comes to you?

Not every truth is communicated through words ; some truths are imparted.

What I posted is not just some new quote of some sort. It is a long existing reality.

Like I said, information and revelation abide (for our sakes) but they are different. Information is just one of the channels; Revelation is the substance from the source.

Just pay attention to the above Bible verses: you might want to check out Romans8:26
If you truly understand Ephesians 3:18&19
I wouldn't have been explaining this again; it's a pleasure though but I would rather you receive than to argue.
Remain blessed.
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 10:23pm On May 01, 2020
Csonice1:

Not every truth is communicated through words ; some truths are imparted.

What I posted is not just some new quote of some sort. It is a long existing reality.

Like I said, information and revelation abide but they are different. Information is just one of the channels; Revelation is the substance from the source.

Just pay attention to the above Bible verses: you might want to check out Romans8:26
If you truly understand Ephesians 3:18&19
I wouldn't have been explaining this again; it's a pleasure though but I would rather you receive than to argue.
Remain blessed.

We shouldnt be speaking about issue of arguments when scriptures is involved. Scriptural accuracy demands work and proper explanation hence can call for critical examination. I guess some parts of this world arent used to that as i have seen it happened over and over again. We should not have a bias that whenever someone question our submission then he just want to argue for argument sake. You must always be ready to provide answers to what you hold dear.

In the Scriptures, we were told to investigate things (John 5:39, Acts 17:10-11, Acts 23:20), to prove all things (1 Thessalonians 5:21), to examine. John said we should Test all spirit (1 John 4:1), Paul mentioned [b]to show approval (2 Tim 2:15). Statements as such will be determined on you being able to convince your listener or reader on your doctrine and scriptural interpretation.

I have seen many used this line of "i want to avoid argument" even when they put up false teaching. We should know that the moment you put out scriptural interpretation in automatically called for scrutiny and examination before its been received as inspired.

Even Jesus' teaching was scrutinized, he asked them to SEARCH, INVESTIGATE what he taught. Same as Peter, Paul and the early church. We are also asked to defend the faith delivered unto us, to prevent and withstand wrong doctrines and prove things right. Paul had a strong stand concerning SOUND DOCTRINE (Titus 1:9, Titus 2:1, 1 Timothy 6:3-5, 2 Timothy 4:3, 1 Timothy 6:3, 2 Timothy 1:13)

Therefore, my scrutiny of your post is because:

Firstly it points to scriptures hence, it must be must examine.
Secondly, it makes some latent contradictions, based on meaning of words and if that is carried into the scriptures it may defeat the benefit of it. So, i have no personal issues or gain but obeying the scriptures.

You gave Romans 8:26, Ephesians 3:18-19 .

The first issue here is the fact that based on meaning of words, you cant separate information from revelation. The reason i asked you how does revelation comes. Does it comes to us as information or any other thing. If the later, What i asked is to let me know how revelation comes without it being a piece of information..

Ephesians 3:18-19
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The scripture above speaks about comprehension (to comprehend), speaks about "to know", to receive "knowledge". These comprehension, knowing and knowledge are in form of what? Piece of information to our spirit, our mind and understanding, or is there any other means aside piece of information to receive this?

If you read the bible and clarity comes, how does it comes? is it not an unveiling of piece of information you were never aware of before? Is that not revelation? When you pray, and you receive an insight concerning a situation, how does it comes to you? to mind?, spirit,? your understanding opened? Enlightenment? All these are elements by which information is passed.

When your spirit know "something", that "something" known comes in what form? The knowing in itself is information being presented to you as revelation.

In Matthew 16:13-17, Peter received a revelation of God concerning Christ, Jesus called it revelation. What did Peter receive? He said "THOU HATH THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD". That is what was revealed. And that is an information concerning who Christ is.

What defines revelation is where that information comes from and what information is revealed or given. A fact, fragment, piece of information received as inspired of God is revelation to you. When God speaks, it is revelation but that medium will be an information coming to you.

Speaking, Knowing, Seeing, Perceiving are all forms of way we received information from our spirit and when that piece of information is inspired we usually refer to it as revelation.

Hence, We should avoid pitfalls of trying to create meanings for words that will not hold in proper and critical explanation or context.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 11:06pm On May 01, 2020
hupernikao:

We shouldnt be speaking about issue of arguments when scriptures is involved. Scriptural accuracy demands work and proper explanation hence can call for critical examination. I guess some parts of this world arent used to that as i have seen it happened over and over again. We should not have a bias that whenever someone question our submission then he just want to argue for argument sake. You must always be ready to provide answers to what you hold dear.

In the Scriptures, we were told to investigate things (John 5:39, Acts 17:10-11, Acts 23:20), to prove all things (1 Thessalonians 5:21), to examine. John said we should Test all spirit (1 John 4:1), Paul mentioned [b]to show approval (2 Tim 2:15). Statements as such will be determined on you being able to convince your listener or reader on your doctrine and scriptural interpretation.

I have seen many used this line of "i want to avoid argument" even when they put up false teaching. We should know that the moment you put out scriptural interpretation in automatically called for scrutiny and examination before its been received as inspired.

Even Jesus' teaching was scrutinized, he asked them to SEARCH, INVESTIGATE what he taught. Same as Peter, Paul and the early church. We are also asked to defend the faith delivered unto us, to prevent and withstand wrong doctrines and prove things right. Paul had a strong stand concerning SOUND DOCTRINE (Titus 1:9, Titus 2:1, 1 Timothy 6:3-5, 2 Timothy 4:3, 1 Timothy 6:3, 2 Timothy 1:13)

Therefore, my scrutiny of your post is because:

Firstly it points to scriptures hence, it must be must examine.
Secondly, it makes some latent contradictions, based on meaning of words and if that is carried into the scriptures it may defeat the benefit of it. So, i have no personal issues or gain but obeying the scriptures.

You gave Romans 8:26, Ephesians 3:18-19 .

The first issue here is the fact that based on meaning of words, you cant separate information from revelation. The reason i asked you how does revelation comes. Does it comes to us as information or any other thing. If the later, What i asked is to let me know how revelation comes without it being a piece of information..

Ephesians 3:18-19
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The scripture above speaks about comprehension (to comprehend), speaks about "to know", to receive "knowledge". These comprehension, knowing and knowledge are in form of what? Piece of information to our spirit, our mind and understanding, or is there any other means aside piece of information to receive this?

If you read the bible and clarity comes, how does it comes? is it not an unveiling of piece of information you were never aware of before? Is that not revelation? When you pray, and you receive an insight concerning a situation, how does it comes to you? to mind?, spirit,? your understanding opened? Enlightenment? All these are elements by which information is passed.

When your spirit know "something", that "something" known comes in what form? The knowing in itself is information being presented to you as revelation.

In Matthew 16:13-17, Peter received a revelation of God concerning Christ, Jesus called it revelation. What did Peter receive? He said "THOU HATH THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD". That is what was revealed. And that is an information concerning who Christ is.

What defines revelation is where that information comes from and what information is revealed or given. A fact, fragment, piece of information received as inspired of God is revelation to you. When God speaks, it is revelation but that medium will be an information coming to you.

Speaking, Knowing, Seeing, Perceiving are all forms of way we received information from our spirit and when that piece of information is inspired we usually refer to it as revelation.

Hence, We should avoid pitfalls of trying to create meanings for words that will not hold in proper and critical explanation or context.

Shalom

PAUL WAS WRITING TO THE CHURCH IN EPHESUS AND THIS IS WHAT HE SAID:

[EPHESIANS 3: from14 to19 : you might want to verify it yourself]

"14.For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15.Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16.That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17:That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18:May be ABLE TO COMPREHEND WITH ALL SAINTS WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH, AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT;
19: AND TO KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST, �WHICH PASSETH KNOWLEDGE, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

I wanted you to figure this out but let me help out: How do you know something that surpasses knowlege? * check verse 19 again.
Also,
Jesus told us that we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free; the word "know" here is the same word expressed in Genesis "and Adam knew his wife..." it is intimacy .
it passes just head knowlege: don't intellectualize God's word: for would be leaning on the wisdom of men or even your own understanding; (that's how people coming up with human definitions like; heart only means the organ in a man pumping blood:yet In God's Word, we know that heart of a man means basically;the spirit of a man)

Something happened to Peter's inner man that you don't know about..
I already explained the two words over and over,
I've already told that they are related but different; yet for our sakes they abide,( just like hope and Faith..).You even used the analogy of rice and the water you cook it with and I told you that information is one of the channels; Revelation is the substance from the source. Not every truth is communicated through words some truths are imparted. We are talking about spirits here: Ezekiel 2:1-2 throws more light on this.

Now, ROMANS8:26

AMP26":So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings TOO DEEP FOR UTTERANCE."

[ do you know that when YOU pray in the spirit ; your understanding: mental faculty is unfruitful.. Not every interaction in the spirit realm requires your mind]

The Scribes, lawyers, Pharisees and Sadducees were angry with our Lord Jesus Christ..
They had the 'scriptures' they neither knew it nor did they know the power of God.
They had the information yet other people even Jesus's disciples lived it out experiencially through revelation before them. and Jesus glorified God The Lord of Heaven and Earth for that which He has revealed even to babes; people who were considered unlearned and all of that.
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by CandidSeeker(m): 9:32am On May 02, 2020
Csonice1:

16.That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17:That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18:May be ABLE TO COMPREHEND WITH ALL SAINTS WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH, AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT;
19: AND TO KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST, �WHICH PASSETH KNOWLEDGE, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

I wanted you to figure this out but let me help out: How do you know something that surpasses knowlege? * check verse 19 again.
Also,
Jesus told us that we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free; the word "know" here is the same word expressed in Genesis "and Adam knew his wife..." it is intimacy .
it passes just head knowlege: don't intellectualize God's word: for would be leaning on the wisdom of men or even your own understanding; (that's how people coming up with human definitions like; heart only means the organ in a man pumping blood:yet In God's Word, we know that heart of a man means basically;the spirit of a man)

I've already told that they are related but different; yet for our sakes they abide,( just like hope and Faith..).You even used the analogy of rice and the water you cook it with and I told you that information is one of the channels; Revelation is the substance from the source. Not every truth is communicated through words some truths are imparted. We are talking about spirits here: Ezekiel 2:1-2 throws more light on this.

AMP26":So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings TOO DEEP FOR UTTERANCE."

[ do you know that when YOU pray in the spirit ; your understanding: mental faculty is unfruitful.. Not every interaction in the spirit realm requires your mind]

The Scribes, lawyers, Pharisees and Sadducees were angry with our Lord Jesus Christ..
They had the 'scriptures' they neither knew it nor did they know the power of God.
They had the information yet other people even Jesus's disciples lived it out experiencially through revelation before them. and Jesus glorified God The Lord of Heaven and Earth for that which He has revealed even to babes; people who were considered unlearned and all of that.

Be teachable and stop being rigid...

Revelation is a form of Information...simple.

To grow, you must be flexible, knowing when to unlearn stuffs you've always believed but are narrow in scope.
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 8:20pm On May 02, 2020
CandidSeeker:

Be teachable and stop being rigid...

Revelation is a form of Information...simple.

To grow, you must be flexible, knowing when to unlearn stuffs you've always believed but are narrow in scope.

Of course sir, we are all growing as the Lord is helping us. I said and I will say it again: I UNDERSTAND your point but while you are saying that revelation is all about information , I'M ASSURING US THAT:

For our sakes information is ONE OF The channels through which the SUBSTANCE of REVELATION comes: every word of God has a spirit component and unless you have the spirit (substance) of the Word there are dimensions you might not attain and that inability culminates to LIMITATIONS: if you don't believe what I said leave it for me and for those who are willing to receive: that's what I believe, and I know that if you desire to know the truth God will reveal it also to you: you might believe you don't need it but you can just leave those dimensions for me: I desire to have all that the Lord gives]

YOU RECEIVE SALVATION through the Word of faith: The gospel which you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth That God raised Jesus from the grave... ; but it doesn't end there :
Since the principles are kept, something happens in the spirit realm:
Christ Jesus (The Word) through the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in your spirit-man and there comes a TRANSFORMATION. Head knowledge will not be able to help you more than it helped the scribes, lawyers, Pharisees and Sadducees.:
You have to obtain the spirit of any result that you seek from the Lord. When you believe the Word with your spirit ( btw what are the Bible principles that enable us to believe with the heart? Are they not prayerful study of the scriptures, Meditation as well as intimacy amongst others ;it might start with information but it doesn't need to end there) :At the time of Revelation,the spirit component partners with your spirit and there is manifestation.

Every Word of God has a spirit component of which information is just a description(one of the channels through which it is conveyed). The spirit and life component is real and tangible.
Even wisdom is a person: a spirit : the Bible personifies her (Proverbs 7:4) observe also that same intimacy is seen here... I really take the Word of God seriously: for what God says it is , that's what it is.
Also check out:
(Ezekiel 2:1&2)
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by CandidSeeker(m): 9:02pm On May 02, 2020
Csonice1:

Of course sir, we are all growing as the Lord is helping us. I said and I will say it again: I UNDERSTAND your point but while you are saying that revelation is all about information , I'M ASSURING US THAT:

For our sakes information is ONE OF The channels through which the SUBSTANCE of REVELATION comes: every word of God has a spirit component and unless you have the spirit (substance) of the Word there are dimensions you might not attain and that inability culminates to LIMITATIONS: if you don't believe what I said leave it for me and for those who are willing to receive: that's what I believe, and I know that if you desire to know the truth God will reveal it also to you: you might believe you don't need it but you can just leave those dimensions for me: I desire to have all that the Lord gives]

YOU RECEIVE SALVATION through the Word of faith: The gospel which you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth That God raised Jesus from the grave... ; but it doesn't end there :
Since the principles are kept, something happens in the spirit realm:
Christ Jesus (The Word) through the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in your spirit-man and there comes a TRANSFORMATION. Head knowledge will not be able to help you more than it helped the scribes, lawyers, Pharisees and Sadducees.:
You have to obtain the spirit of any result that you seek from the Lord. When you believe the Word with your spirit ( btw what are the Bible principles that enable us to believe with the heart? Are they not prayerful study of the scriptures, Meditation as well as intimacy amongst others ;it might start with information but it doesn't need to end there) :At the time of Revelation,the spirit component partners with your spirit and there is manifestation.

Every Word of God has a spirit component of which information is just a description(one of the channels through which it is conveyed). The spirit and life component is real and tangible.
Even wisdom is a person: a spirit : the Bible personifies her (Proverbs 7:4) observe also that same intimacy is seen here... I really take the Word of God seriously: for what God says it is , that's what it is.
Also check out:
(Ezekiel 2:1&2)
(1John1:1&2)

You have a challenge with comprehension.

-Peace
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 10:48pm On May 02, 2020
Csonice1:

Also,

Actually, you seems to be complicating things. I don't think our discussion requires any exegesis. [i]The focus of what I relayed to you is that all revelation are forms of information to man. And you can't have revelation that isn't provided through or providing information.[/b] Bible verses isn't going to explain that out.

The verses you quoted are all pointing to same facts that YOU WILL KNOW. How do you know things when nothing is passed across. Anytime you know something or come to knowledge of something, it simply means there is communication of information to you which can either be a revelation or usual knowledge but both are via information attributes. For example, all God's information and communication are revelation to man. The bible is God's revelation to us, why they communicate/reveal spiritual things. The revelation is in that information you receive.

Please kindly share here one specific time you or anyone receive the type of revelation you are speaking of. I mean share exactly WHAT was received/revealed and HOW.

Then let's see if such experience can be independent of information being communicated.
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 3:32pm On May 04, 2020
hupernikao:

Actually, you seems to be complicating things. I don't think our discussion requires any exegesis. [i]The focus of what I relayed to you is that all revelation are forms of information to man. And you can't have revelation that isn't provided through or providing information.[/b] Bible verses isn't going to explain that out.

The verses you quoted are all pointing to same facts that YOU WILL KNOW. How do you know things when nothing is passed across. Anytime you know something or come to knowledge of something, it simply means there is communication of information to you which can either be a revelation or usual knowledge but both are via information attributes. For example, all God's information and communication are revelation to man. The bible is God's revelation to us, why they communicate/reveal spiritual things. The revelation is in that information you receive.

Please kindly share here one specific time you or anyone receive the type of revelation you are speaking of. I mean share exactly WHAT was received/revealed and HOW.

Then let's see if such experience can be independent of information being communicated.

Who will ever be able to make you understand that the Word has a spirit component?
This is not about issues with understanding or anything..
I have no issue with pride here. I would have gladly taken your opinion if it were totally true . But denying the fact that there is more to God's word than just information is just being carnal..*pls don't get me wrong.
When I go to God's Word I see the reality of it; that there is a spirit component of every word of God. Whether I want to believe it or not. Whether you believe it or not. So we better believe it.

However, I tried to use too few words to explain something that requires detailed explanation.. I thought it would have been easy to understand... I apologise. I appreciate your criticism because without it I could have assumed that everyone understood what I tried to pass across.

*Btw Your request is just like asking me for a miracle before you believe. But I will stick to the Word.*

Now let me give us another witness:
Every thing the kingdom of darkness is manifesting is a CORRUPTION of God's own principles.(let the reader understand)
Now, the words spoken by the dragon, beast and false prophets came out as frogs which are unclean �spirits�...*
{Revelation 16:13&14.
Compare[ Revelation 13:1-14]}

I've understood your point from the time you explained but I wanted you to (and would be glad if you ) understand that information is not all there is to revelation, the Word dissagrees with that (your opinion); I say this with every sense of humility.
But let's reach an agreement, let me elaborate it a little:

INFORMATION DEVOID OF REVELATION LEADS TO IMITATION WHICH CULMINATES TO LIMITATIONS;
WHILE SUBSTANTIAL REVELATION BRINGS ABOUT TRANSFORMATION.

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 9:22pm On May 04, 2020
Manifestation means...

the intangible becoming tangible (Embodiment also called incarnation)

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 9:43pm On May 04, 2020
INFORMATION DEVOID OF REVELATION LEADS TO IMITATION WHICH CULMINATES TO LIMITATIONS;

Remain Blessed Brethren
Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by hupernikao: 2:35pm On May 07, 2020
Csonice1:

Who will ever be able to make you understand that the Word has a spirit component?
This is not about issues with understanding or anything..
I have no issue with pride here. I would have gladly taken your opinion if it were totally true . But denying the fact that there is more to God's word than just information is just being carnal..*pls don't get me wrong.
When I go to God's Word I see the reality of it; that there is a spirit component of every word of God. Whether I want to believe it or not. Whether you believe it or not. So we better believe it.

However, I tried to use too few words to explain something that requires detailed explanation.. I thought it would have been easy to understand... I apologise. I appreciate your criticism because without it I could have assumed that everyone understood what I tried to pass across.

*Btw Your request is just like asking me for a miracle before you believe. But I will stick to the Word.*

Now let me give us another witness:
Every thing the kingdom of darkness is manifesting is a CORRUPTION of God's own principles.(let the reader understand)
Now, the words spoken by the dragon, beast and false prophets came out as frogs which are unclean �spirits�...*
{Revelation 16:13&14.
Compare[ Revelation 13:1-14]}

I've understood your point from the time you explained but I wanted you to (and would be glad if you ) understand that information is not all there is to revelation, the Word dissagrees with that (your opinion); I say this with every sense of humility.
But let's reach an agreement, let me elaborate it a little:

There is human information and there is spiritual information which we call revelation. So it is information.

Like I mentioned to you earlier.

This is not a Bible exegesis issue, it is simple a misuse of grammatical word. We won't create a word meaning not natural to a word just to push a revelation or doctrine. Revelation can't exist outside you receiving something or something revealed and that which is revealed all comes to us inform of information from our spirit (seeing, knowing, hearing, perceiving).

Neither revelation or information is a spiritual word, they are English words used in bible translation and hence must carry the day to day meaning or grammatical explanation in application. In essence of using them to explaining spiritual things you can't afford to change the meaning of words to something alien to its true usage and people's application in the culture of its origin. That will be improper communication or perfect error.

If someone casually tell you, "that guys market presentation was a revelation to his business issues". He will be refering to information received from the presentation. Nothing outside it. Right usage of words are key less you err or confuse others.

Revelation in bible usage is to know via God's inspiration or better still spiritually. That knowing means you receive something in your spirit or mind and understanding it. That which you receive is information, hence called knowing. The difference in this from human information is that revelation is spiritual information, but it is Information.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between INFORMATION And REVELATION by Csonice1: 9:02pm On May 07, 2020
hupernikao:

There is human information and there is spiritual information which we call revelation. So it is information.

Like I mentioned to you earlier.

This is not a Bible exegesis issue, it is simple a misuse of grammatical word. We won't create a word meaning not natural to a word just to push a revelation or doctrine. Revelation can't exist outside you receiving something or something revealed and that which is revealed all comes to us inform of information from our spirit (seeing, knowing, hearing, perceiving).

Neither revelation or information is a spiritual word, they are English words used in bible translation and hence must carry the day to day meaning or grammatical explanation in application. In essence of using them to explaining spiritual things you can't afford to change the meaning of words to something alien to its true usage and people's application in the culture of its origin. That will be improper communication or perfect error.

If someone casually tell you, "that guys market presentation was a revelation to his business issues". He will be refering to information received from the presentation. Nothing outside it. Right usage of words are key less you err or confuse others.

Revelation in bible usage is to know via God's inspiration or better still spiritually. That knowing means you receive something in your spirit or mind and understanding it. That which you receive is information, hence called knowing. The difference in this from human information is that revelation is spiritual information, but it is Information.

Ok. But I thought we had properly understood this; I even decided to check the meaning on the dictionary (and I took screenshots as seen in the above pictures )
The Truth is glaring. (Information is just like the tip of the iceberg; the bulk of it is 'beneath')
Basically, we receive according to our Faith; what you believe is commensurate to what you receive. Even though it's expedient to teach/share deeper truths;if you won't believe it, hold fast to what you have.
Let everyone have his Faith to himself.( I won't think any less of you for not understanding this).

Conclusion
Loving the Lord Jesus and doing His will is the most important.. He will lead us through His Spirit into all Truth. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Help Save My Wife And Child / HAPPENING NOW: Many Rejoice As Late Prophet TB Joshua Appears In Burial Service / Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.