Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Adam Bisexual Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adam Bisexual Or Not? (2163 Views)

“there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam Bisexual Or Not? by izeek(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2008
genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
genesis 2:22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

no controversy meant,
but while reading the bible this morning, i read tgis passage and sometin occured to me.
could man have been possibly made bisexual from the inception?
cos from withing him was a woman brought forth.
what do u guys think>
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by KunleOshob(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2008
@post
Does the fact that women give birth to men make them bi-sexual
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by chinedumo(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2010
so what are u saying?or are u finding a bisexual excuse?
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by tpiah: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2010
there is nothing in any of those verses that implies bisexuality.

nothing about sex either.
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by Joagbaje(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2010
Many bible schollars believe that Eve was in Adam. 2 in one. And that they finally separated as two individuals when God brought Eve out.
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by tpiah: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2010
still nothing about bisexuality regardless.

is the ground humanoid since the bible says adam was created from dust?

or is the ground bisexual since both man and woman came out of it.

1 Like

Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by JaguaNana: 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
The poster should have used the word 'hermaphrodite' not 'bisexual'.
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by Joagbaje(m): 7:04am On Jun 15, 2010
one of the issues that generated the idea tha Adam was male and female was the fact chapter 1 of genesis refers to 2 as Adam

Genesis 1:27
27 So God created man in his[ own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

It seems God finally separated the woman from the man later in chapter 2.

Genesis 2:18
18 And the God said,[ It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by tpiah: 7:36am On Jun 15, 2010
^^you seem confused.
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by e36991: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
Joagbaje:

one of the issues that generated the idea that Adam was male and female was the fact chapter 1 of genesis refers to 2 as Adam 

27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them

It seems God finally separated the woman from the man later in chapter 2.

18 And the God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him

tpiah:

^^you seem confused.

@Joagbaje

I wont go as far as Tpia in saying you seem confused

but what a clanger you dropped there . . .

I am feeling Tpia's brilliant response (i.e. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-178308.0.html#msg6213542 )

Incidentally the meaning of Man in Gen 1:27 is not the same meaning for man in Gen 2:18

Read the text in Gen 1:27 this way to understand

So God created humans man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them

and then read Gen 2:18 too this way

And the God said, [It is] not good that Adam the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him

Every author has a way of writing and are often recognised by their style.

Moses, Paul, John etc are no exceptions, you inclusive

Familiarity of their style helps decipher/understand the connotations and denotations

Notice how Moses 99.9% uses the phrase "the man" when referring to Adam

As a matter of fact, man is interchangeably used to refer to human or to refer to Adam

Also worthy of note is that, Genesis chapter 1 is an overview of the creation of man (i.e. a summary of the creation of humans)

whereas Genesis chapter 2 is an unabridge version of the creation of man (i.e. Adam)

Try this verse in parallel for size; albeit wise

[U]Numbers 23:19 KJV[/U]

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by Joagbaje(m): 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2010
tpiah:

^^you seem confused.

[size=16pt] OUCH!!![/size]
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by e36991: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2010
. . . the original ouch(es)

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/aftereden/cartoons/20001023.gif[/img]
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2010
Genesis mathematics solves the kroblem!

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20020826.gif[/img]
Re: Adam Bisexual Or Not? by jayriginal: 5:06am On Sep 01, 2013
If we go by the story, it would seem Adam "tried" out with other animals before he realised that it wasnt going to work.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Are In Danger!!! / There Is No Hell Fire; Adam And Eve Not Real – Pope Francis STATEMENT.. / What Are Nigerian Churches Doing For Needy Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.