Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

The Church Business: What To Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Business: What To Do? (414 Views)

No Business Is More Lucrative Than Church Business In Nigeria. / I’m A Non Christian And I Want To Open Church Business Anonymously / I Need Advice On How To Start Church Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
It is extremely difficult to find a Christ-centered local church (gathering/fellowship) these days. It is so because of the pattern of the contemporary or common church system. This is a system where the religious organization is run: structured and managed like a Business Organization in the world.

The CEO or founder and his subordinates recruit workers, plant centres/churches and manage branches all over...

Frankly, the apostles of Jesus of old (Paul and the likes) didn't run the churches they planted like that. The apostles didn't act as CEO(s): collecting huge tithes and offerings; building luxurious churches, schools, houses; living luxuriously in general.

However, they did serve as Spiritual Fathers to them; and wouldn't tolerate Sins or Compromises: Worldliness, Political correctness and Trying to be cool with people or the world.

Now, here is the problem with our churches: the moment something goes wrong with the head (respected men at the top), it spreads to all in the system like the plague, except the few like the Berean Christians who are diligent with the words of Jesus (according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), and are FULL of the Holy Spirit.

For instance, if the Pastor/Prophet/Pope wakes up one day and says, "Okay, as from today, Mary was born without sin, so we can pray to her". You guessed right! Almost everyone in the system will say, "Amen".

OR

He might get up and say, "Right, once you are now saved, you are always saved: you can Never Fall Away! (like the devil told Eve she would Not Die before eating the forbidden fruit). And they will reply, "Amen". Etc.

They won't even resist because that's what they wanted to hear, and the CEO is not stupid to offend his customers or potential ones, and never to do something that would spoil his BIG business!

Back to the Question---to forsake the gathering or Not (as the Bible says):

This is a personal thing to each one: to seek Jesus personally to be sure.

Nevertheless, in my experience, as much as I believe in the gathering of brethren (a local church), I know it can be quite striking to hear that it's been over five years since I stepped away from the "regular church system".

"Huh, but it says FORSAKE NOT the gathering..." Yes, I strongly agree! Remember, the devil told Jesus, "it is written...". Jesus knew something was wrong. So, He replied, "it is ALSO written..." Matthew chap. 4. Likewise, in my case, it is ALSO written to TURN AWAY from those with a form of godliness without the power. 2 Timothy 3:5

My advice: Before you continue with your church, study the Bible, especially the new testament very well, and seek Jesus in prayer on whether to "NOT Forsake" OR to "TURN Away" from them.

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 KJV
Wherefore COME OUT from among them, and BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you,
[18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2 Timothy 4:3-4,10 KJV
For the time will come when they will NOT endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they HEAP to themselves Teachers, having ITCHING EARS;

[4] And they shall TURN away their ears from the Truth, and shall be turned unto FABLES.

[10] For Demas hath Forsaken me, having LOVED this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Matthew 23:15 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him TWOFOLD more the child of hell than yourselves.

2 Timothy 3:5 KJV
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such TURN AWAY.

John 6:66-68 KJV
From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked NO MORE with him.
[67] Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also GO AWAY?

[68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom Shall We Go? thou hast the words of Eternal life.

May Jesus Bless You.

Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by StrikeBack(m): 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Okay what about the below..

Any comment??

1 Share

Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
StrikeBack:

Any comment??

Hmm... Well, they are not my servants, so I judge no one. However, the truth sets free from Sins and the Lies of Men.

Peace with you.
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by desiredhome: 8:04am On Apr 30, 2020
StrikeBack:

Any comment??
Wickedness..... after all these payments the poverty still increasing..... bamboo dey work monkey dey chop......... tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Philippians 3:17-20 KJV
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
[18] (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
[19] Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
[20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 10:25am On May 01, 2020
1 Timothy 6:5-6 NLT

5 These people always cause trouble. Their minds are CORRUPT, and they have TURNED their backs on the TRUTH. To them, a show of GODLINESS is just a way to become WEALTHY.

[6] But GODLINESS with contentment is great GAIN. KJV

2 Thessalonians 3:6 KJV
Now we COMMAND you, brethren, in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye WITHDRAW yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and NOT after the tradition which he received of US.

Mark 7:7 KJV
Howbeit in VAIN do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments OF MEN.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:
It is extremely difficult to find a Christ-centered local church (gathering/fellowship) these days. It is so because of the pattern of the contemporary or common church system. This is a system where the religious organization is run: structured and managed like a Business Organization in the world.

The CEO or founder and his subordinates recruit workers, plant centres/churches and manage branches all over...

Frankly, the apostles of Jesus of old (Paul and the likes) didn't run the churches they planted like that. The apostles didn't act as CEO(s): collecting huge tithes and offerings; building luxurious churches, schools, houses; living luxuriously in general.

However, they did serve as Spiritual Fathers to them; and wouldn't tolerate Sins or Compromises: Worldliness, Political correctness and Trying to be cool with people or the world.

Now, here is the problem with our churches: the moment something goes wrong with the head (respected men at the top), it spreads to all in the system like the plague, except the few like the Berean Christians who are diligent with the words of Jesus (according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), and are FULL of the Holy Spirit.

For instance, if the Pastor/Prophet/Pope wakes up one day and says, "Okay, as from today, Mary was born without sin, so we can pray to her". You guessed right! Almost everyone in the system will say, "Amen".

OR

He might get up and say, "Right, once you are now saved, you are always saved: you can Never Fall Away! (like the devil told Eve she would Not Die before eating the forbidden fruit). And they will reply, "Amen". Etc.

They won't even resist because that's what they wanted to hear, and the CEO is not stupid to offend his customers or potential ones, and never to do something that would spoil his BIG business!

Nevertheless, in my experience, as much as I believe in the gathering of brethren (a local church), I know it can be quite striking to hear that it's been over five years since I stepped away from the "regular church system".

"Huh, but it says FORSAKE NOT the gathering..." Yes, I strongly agree! Remember, the devil told Jesus, "it is written...". Jesus knew something was wrong. So, He replied, "it is ALSO written..." Matthew chap. 4. Likewise, in my case, it is ALSO written to TURN AWAY from those with a form of godliness without the power. 2 Timothy 3:5

My advice: Before you continue with your church, study the Bible, especially the new testament very well, and seek Jesus in prayer on whether to "Not forsake" OR to "Turn Away" from them.

Wherefore COME OUT from among them, and BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you,
[18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

For the time will come when they will NOT endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having ITCHING EARS;
[4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

[10] For Demas hath forsaken me, having LOVED this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him TWOFOLD more the child of hell than yourselves.

[68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom Shall We Go? thou hast the words of Eternal life.

May Jesus Bless You.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 KJV
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye WITHDRAW yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and NOT after the Tradition which he RECEIVED of us.
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2020
davidinchrist:

OR

My advice: Before you continue with your church, study the Bible, especially the new testament very well, and seek Jesus in prayer on whether to "Not forsake" OR to "Turn Away" from them.

For the time will come when they will NOT endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having ITCHING EARS;
[4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

[10] For Demas hath forsaken me, having LOVED this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

May Jesus Bless You.

Galatians 6:13 KJV
For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Galatians 6:14,17-18 KJV
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

[17] From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

[18] Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2020
NLT

8 I “robbed” other churches by accepting their contributions so I could serve you at no cost.
2 Corinthians 11:8

13 These people are FALSE apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:13

14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:40pm On May 09, 2020
Which churches do you know that are not Christ centered oriented, mention at least three. I doubt you can mention them.

There are good churches out there, I don't know where you've been seeking.
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by CodeTemplar: 2:16am On May 10, 2020
StrikeBack:

Any comment??

To strikeback, the guy sampling payment options of RCCG, that approach you are asking questions of is what has helped Harvard University become one of the most financially buoyant schools on earth.
With the way that list is broken down, it gives room for direct payment towards a particular cause one agrees with.
I may agree with donation towards church building but not towards Daddy G.O. and the payment system gives me just that option. I simply ignore daddy G.O. and pay money towards another cause.

That's better than a blind system of tithe and offering where 90% of the whole donation can be cornered to pay just G.O salary and maintain the body guards.
Re: The Church Business: What To Do? by davidinchrist(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2020
Like Many Modern Preachers

Matt.23.15 - "Woe to you, SCRIBES AND PHARISEES, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him TWICE as much a son of HELL as "yourselves".

(1) (Reply)

God's Word Everyday / God Changes Things / Video: Pastor Tries To Attack Man After Preaching To Him In Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.