Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,932 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. (268 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / First Official Release Of The Book Of Universal Truth(doctufos) <pdf Format> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. by ThinkFreely: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
Until we all understand that your religious beliefs are most times not a virtue of your conviction about that religion but a virtue of where and how you were bred, we won’t understand how to deal with criticism from other belief systems. It’s almost always certain that someone born and bred in the east will be a Christian, if this same person happens to be born in a Muslim family in Kano, it’s almost definite that he/she will be a Muslim. (Only few cases are exceptional).

Understand that truth is relative and that everyone sees a different truth. The beliefs you inherited by virtue of your locality is definitely your own truth, it’s not a universal truth.

We also have to understand that we are gradually entering that era where lot of religious tenets will be questioned and criticized unless reasonable explanations are given. Science is breeding a kind of ideology that questions whatever one doesn’t understand. You don’t criticize atheists by calling them infidels, sinners and all sort of derogatory statements if you are also not ready to receive criticisms.

Lastly, truth is relative, all we need is mutual respect and logical reasoning to see the universal truth.

4 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. by chucks185: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
I WANT TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING FIRST BEFORE I INPUT MY TAKE. HAVE YOU USED ANY NIND-ALTERING DRUG BEFORE?
Re: Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. by ThinkFreely: 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
chucks185:
I WANT TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING FIRST BEFORE I INPUT MY TAKE. HAVE YOU USED ANY NIND-ALTERING DRUG BEFORE?
No, why?
Re: Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. by chucks185: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
ThinkFreely:
No, why?
OK, I HAVE NOTHING MUCH TO SAY. ONE THING I KNOW IS ALMOST ALL RELIGIONS PROCLAIM THE EXISTENCE OF A HIGHER BEING AND THEY ALSO UPHOLD HIGH MORAL STANDARD.

1 Like

Re: Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. by chucks185: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
WHERE DO YOU BELONG?

1 Like

Re: Your Religion Is Your Own Truth And Not The Universal Truth. Don’t Kill For It. by ThinkFreely: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2020
chucks185:
OK, I HAVE NOTHING MUCH TO SAY. ONE THING I KNOW IS ALMOST ALL RELIGIONS PROCLAIM THE EXISTENCE OF A HIGHER BEING AND THEY ALSO UPHOLD HIGH MORAL STANDARD.
They all proclaim the existence of same or different gods?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophetic Prayers For Divine Healing. / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / * Common Mistakes To Avoid In Ramadan*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.