Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus (582 Views)

COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure / Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by Ramsey19: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
The Presidential Task Force on COVID19 says it will do anything to ease the strain of the coronavirus outbreak on Nigerians.
The chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID19, Boss Mustapha, says the country is exploring every avenue to fight the coronavirus disease, including asking President Muhammadu Buhari to import a planeload of herbal tea touted as a cure by the government of Madagascar.
Madagascar's President Andry Rajoelina launched the herbal tea, named COVID-Organics, last week, claiming that it has cured two people already.
The government started handing out the herbal tea for free to citizens last week, even though the country's national medical academy has warned that no scientific evidence has been established that it works.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has also warned against the widespread use of untested remedies.
While speaking during the PTF's media briefing on Tuesday, April 28, 2020, Mustapha said the task force is keeping tabs on everything happening regarding the coronavirus across the world.
"I was reading of the experiences in Madagascar of why everybody is drinking some solutions that have been prepared.
"This morning I was sharing with my wife and I told her that probably I'll request Mr President to allow us import a planeload for a trial.
"We're all navigating uncharted course. Nobody has ever been on this road," the Secretary to the Government of the Federation said.
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by Enoch07: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
stop this joke o
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sounds good but when the consignment lands, the 'special' State would definitely get one and a half of 2 planeloads leaving others to share the remaining half.
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by densiks: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nothing wrong with exploring any practicable option from another nation but the approach should not just be requesting a plane load.

As far I have read,the covid-organic is more or less a herbal mixture carefully developed after some level of research and experimental trials had been carried out.

The approach should also include the possibility of cross breeding research potentials to see if we can produce at home from medium to long term periods.

I do not believe that the folks in Madagascar have better brains than our herbal ‘doctors’ at Ibadan or Minna.

A generational shift in leadership must be birthed in Nigeria sooner than later.
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by Fatherly: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mr SGF ask the Yoruba for ewe egbin. We have the leaf here in Nigeria.

Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by Seyilome(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good move
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by dawnomike(m): 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
It is worth a trial... anything to save lives
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by drlizzy(f): 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Buhari Could Import Madagascar's 'herbal Cure' For Coronavirus by Ramsey19: 5:10am On Apr 30, 2020
Enoch07:
stop this joke o
it's not a joke, my concern is why WHO against it instead of them to assess the effectiveness themselves and and if it works, they should provide modern solution using its ingredients.

(1) (Reply)

Face Shield Against Covid 19 Droplet Splash Available (image) / We Sell Chinese Green Tea For Immunity Boosting And Prevention Of Illnesses / Contractors Were Paying Sweepers N5,000 While Govt Approved N25,000 .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.