Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:00 PM

I Killed Him In Error, Says Night Guard - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Killed Him In Error, Says Night Guard (891 Views)

Kidnap Gang Member Shoots Member In Error While Attempting To Kill Victim (pic) / Night Guard Led Gang To Rob Community ─ Police (Photo) / A Night Guard Was Brutalized And Burnt To Death In Warri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Killed Him In Error, Says Night Guard by aloyemeka1: 3:17am On Jan 10, 2011
[size=14pt]I killed him in error, says night guard[/size]
Crime Guard Friday, January 7, 2011

By Evelyn USMAN

I swear to God, I did not kill him intentionally, I thought they were robbers" This were the words of 27-old Kazeem Oladipupo, a night guard who is currently facing a murder charge.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jan/7/308.html

The service of Oladipupo was hired by residents of Oyero Road, Agbado in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun state, three weeks ago, following incessant robbery attacks on them. The robbers as gathered, most times, stormed the area in motorcycles which aided their movements particularly during escape.

However, when the services of some night guards among whom was Oladipupo was hired, motorcyclists were banned from operating around the area as from 12 midnight.

Barely one week after his resumption, an unusual presence of some unidentified persons on motorcycles were sighted in the area at the restricted time, leading to one of them being shot dead by Oladipupo.

But the irony of his action was that the dead intruder was reportedly discovered to be innocent after all, leading to Oladipupo's subsequent arrest. He is currently at the Homicide section of the Ogun State Criminal Investigations Department.

In this interview with Crime Guard, the Igbo-Ora, Oyo state born suspect who was full of remorse, wished the hand of the clock could be turned back in order for him to outrightly refuse the offer of vigilante membership.

He said, "I am a member of OPC and my service was sought to secure the area, with a monthly take home pay of N12,000. If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have remained in the okada business I was doing, than accepting this offer. Now I have not even worked up to a month let alone receive the monthly salary.

"What happened that night was that we sighted two motorcycles at about 12.30 am with three persons on each of them. One of my colleagues, Kehinde, flagged the motorcyclists down with a view to questioning them on why they should flout the restriction order and also to search them to ascertain whether they were armed or not. But they did not stop. In Kehinde's bid to forcefully stop one of the motorcycles, the rider hit him and he fell inside the gutter. But he quickly got up and shot the rear tyre of one of the motorcycles.

At that moment I sensed danger and thought they were robbers. In defense, I aimed at one of them with the intention of shooting him in the leg".

But he misfired as the bullet hit his target in the chest, killing him on the spot. The deceased, later identified as Sowemimo Afolabi's destination could however not be ascertained.

Corroborating Oladipupo's confession, his colleague, Kehinde Agbaje, claimed the intruders were armed with dangerous weapons such as cutlasses and had intended to eliminate them that night.
Re: I Killed Him In Error, Says Night Guard by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 11, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]I killed him in error, says night guard[/size]
Crime Guard    Friday, January 7, 2011

By Evelyn USMAN

I swear to God, I did not kill him intentionally, I thought they were robbers" This were the words of 27-old Kazeem Oladipupo, a night guard who is currently facing a murder charge.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jan/7/308.html

The service of Oladipupo was hired by residents of Oyero Road, Agbado in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun state, three weeks ago, following incessant robbery attacks on them. The robbers as gathered, most times, stormed the area in motorcycles which aided their movements particularly during escape.

However, when the services of some night guards among whom was Oladipupo was hired, motorcyclists were banned from operating around the area as from 12 midnight.

Barely one week after his resumption, an unusual presence of some unidentified persons on motorcycles were sighted in the area at the restricted time, leading to one of them being shot dead by Oladipupo.

But the irony of his action was that the dead intruder was reportedly discovered to be innocent after all, leading to Oladipupo's subsequent arrest. He is currently at the Homicide section of the Ogun State Criminal Investigations Department.

In this interview with Crime Guard, the Igbo-Ora, Oyo state born suspect who was full of remorse, wished the hand of the clock could be turned back in order for him to outrightly refuse the offer of vigilante membership.

He said, "I am a member of OPC and my service was sought to secure the area, with a monthly take home pay of N12,000. If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have remained in the okada business I was doing, than accepting this offer. Now I have not even worked up to a month let alone receive the monthly salary.

"What happened that night was that we sighted two motorcycles at about 12.30 am with three persons on each of them. One of my colleagues, Kehinde, flagged the motorcyclists down with a view to questioning them on why they should flout the restriction order and also to search them to ascertain whether they were armed or not. But they did not stop. In Kehinde's bid to forcefully stop one of the motorcycles, the rider hit him and he fell inside the gutter. But he quickly got up and shot the rear tyre of one of the motorcycles.

At that moment I sensed danger and thought they were robbers. In defense, I aimed at one of them with the intention of shooting him in the leg".

But he misfired as the bullet hit his target in the chest, killing him on the spot. The deceased, later identified as Sowemimo Afolabi's destination could however not be ascertained.

Corroborating Oladipupo's confession, his colleague, Kehinde Agbaje, claimed the intruders were armed with dangerous weapons such as cutlasses and had intended to eliminate them that night.

abeg, make dem free the vigilante guy jor! those guys were thieves
Re: I Killed Him In Error, Says Night Guard by Osama10(m): 1:08am On Jan 13, 2011
I wonder oh.

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Beheads Three Nigerians For Murder / Man Arrested Over Death Of Brother’s Wife - Www. / Man Sets Mother Ablaze In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.