Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search (16600 Views)

See The Company You Should Never Accept Their Job Offer / Six(6) Things Every Job-seeker Should Be Doing On Linkedin! / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by paulolee(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
nice.thanks
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by SimeonOTC(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
i have connections..

this nonsense is not for megrin

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by ooohoo: 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
"Networking" - The legalised form of "long-leg"

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Karlifate: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
JerryLegend:
Your networks will surely work out for you when it is time. Keep a good network, stay humble and never underestimate anybody.
Apt!
Your NETWORK is your NET-WORTH.
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by sunshineV(f): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
In summary, you need to know someone who knows someone
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by timibare(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
heryourmeday:
and what do you think he meant when he said "networking" SMH
k
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Richardsdavid12(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good points. However I strongly believe in the God factor above every other thing.

I have good news for you:
If you are looking for how to make cash during this lockdown period.
Then hit me up.
THE FREE class started yesterday.

This is my own way of reaching out in this lockdown period.

Our target is: $100 daily.

See my signature to join us.
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Some feel they're more than a job, but the best time to look for a job, and even be able to negotiate a better salary is when you have a job, no matter how small.
My first job after a Masters in the UK was 15,000 per month. But I quickly got experience and better jobs.
This is one of the best advice I've ever received. Start small!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Kayceenaz(m): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
True, but how does one tell if God is on his side?
Mr. Patrick, the God-factor cannot be waved aside. I've attended job interviews where some of the panelists bathed me with encomiums, appreciating my intelligence and eloquence. On one occasion, a panelist couldn't resist anymore giving me a handshake as I spoke. Yet, I got neither a feedback nor deserved appointment letter. Bottom-line is God's plan for a person can cause such outcomes, leading him/her to the career where the fellow ought to be and would excel best.

If any Nairalander or guest is in this category, my advice is be unwaveringly optimistic and ask God for direction. He always shows up. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by akanbiaa(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

https://patrickokunima.com/2020/04/5-things-every-job-seeker-should-know-before-starting-their-job-search/
Why not train people to be CV writers like you (Something you have experience on)than get into the murky waters of job searching in an a Country that salary jobs are so little compared to the population and even those who get the little jobs are either connected , close to those connected or are the only ones that can get the job done.
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by obamma: 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bros you have come again.

Where do you work that you are giving us advise?

If all these your advice has helped you. Show us evidence, apart from charging people to do CV for them
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
akanbiaa:
Why not train people to be CV writers like you (Something you have experience on)than get into the murky waters of job searching in an a Country that salary jobs are so little compared to the population and even those who get the little jobs are either connected , close to those connected or are the only ones that can get the job done.
No one has indicated interest. Besides, they may not be able to afford my fees. If I charge 100k for training, it's not bad, considering that the participant can earn above that per month. The question is, how many are willing to part with such amount to acquire the skills? A CV writing business can be very profitable, if done right.
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by dontro(m): 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2020
Men, the thing about the job is not only you think about having it but when you do and also worry about losing it. e.g. losing a job because of coronavirus lockdown.

That is why you need to up your entrepreneurship game with these 11 Important entrepreneurship advice from 11 successful entrepreneurs: https://zestmade.com/blog/entrepreneurship-advice-from-entrepreneurs/
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by olaboy33(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

Order for a professional CV @ Patrick Okunima CV Writing Services and Get a FREE Cover Letter!

Promo Ends 11:59pm 30 April, 2020.

Contact?
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
freshkpomo:
Na this era them still dey search for job?? Create a job for yourself so people can submit their CV to you in the future. If you intend working for someone, do it for a while to save up and start up something.

That's why I keep advising the younger generation to think twice before applying to study a particular discipline in school and not do it bcus of peer pressure, so they will not be among those carrying file up and down, trekking from Ikorodu to Obalende.

God bless Nigeria.
Have you thought about the capital involved to become a self employed?
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
SimeonOTC:
i have connections..

this nonsense is not for megrin
You out your dog on top bed to be funny.If the dog come piss on-top that mattress and somebody sleep on it come carry disease wetin you go do?
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by SimeonOTC(m): 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
cucumbae:
You out your dog on top bed to be funny.If the dog come piss on-top that mattress and somebody sleep on it come carry disease wetin you go do?

we go spread the disease nahgrin
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Vasgas: 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
freshkpomo:
Na this era them still dey search for job?? Create a job for yourself so people can submit their CV to you in the future. If you intend working for someone, do it for a while to save up and start up something.

That's why I keep advising the younger generation to think twice before applying to study a particular discipline in school and not do it bcus of peer pressure, so they will not be among those carrying file up and down, trekking from Ikorodu to Obalende.

God bless Nigeria.

Nice talk
How relevant is the course you are studying?
Don't just be eager to enter the university to study any course if there is no back up......

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by chukzyfcbb: 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lately I have come to discover that confidence in interview comes from how often you interface with very top C level executives or head of departments.

if you type of job is where you need to pitch a product by doing a slide presentation to Head of departments at several companies quite often. Confidence will be second nature in an interview

I will say Sales/Pre sales who do slide presentation at offices tend to be have better confidence regardless of thier years of experience or age.

it's simply because they are used to SELLING thierselves and the product to top members of an organization

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

https://patrickokunima.com/2020/04/5-things-every-job-seeker-should-know-before-starting-their-job-search/

Nice tips sir �.

I have some suggestions to make that is not related to your article.

It's your website.

You can change the permalink format to domainname/post-title.

For example, patrickokunima..com/things-every-job-seeker-should-know. Instead of https://patrickokunima.com/2020/04/5-things-every-job-seeker-should-know-before-starting-their-job-search/

This will make your site URL friendly to humans and search engines.

Your URL structure should also by short. With the way it is right now, you will hardly get traffic from Google.

You can also install Rank Math plugin on your site if you don't already have it.

Wish you more success.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Legendguru: 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Where is the job you are seeking
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Xristars(m): 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jobs full naija o. But to get that one you want depends on qualifications, location and connection.
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by uncleteeh(m): 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
I have gotten surveys that pay in both airtime and cash. You too can give it a trial and credit me later. hi me on whatsapp if you seem to be interested. 08108408732
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by professore(m): 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Neat
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by walkwithgod(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Xristars:
Jobs full naija o. But to get that one you want depends on qualifications, location and connection.

Baba, job dey quite alright.

but for fresh graduates nko wey dey try pave wey ?

stupid companies go dey ask for 3 years experience which is not feasible.

how many companies fit afford pay 150k and above as salary during these covid times ?

THESE ARE THE ISSUES +++

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thanks a million. God bless you, sir.
Chrisakuneme:

Nice tips sir �.

I have some suggestions to make that is not related to your article.

It's your website.

You can change the permalink format to domainname/post-title.

For example, patrickokunima..com/things-every-job-seeker-should-know. Instead of https://patrickokunima.com/2020/04/5-things-every-job-seeker-should-know-before-starting-their-job-search/

This will make your site URL friendly to humans and search engines.

Your URL structure should also by short. With the way it is right now, you will hardly get traffic from Google.

You can also install Rank Math plugin on your site if you don't already have it.

Wish you more success.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by letitrainnow(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by freshkpomo(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2020
cucumbae:
Have you thought about the capital involved to become a self employed?
I mentioned working to save up for it.
Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Dinspires(m): 12:32pm On May 01, 2020
3 days free intensive business transformation class to upgrade your financial capacity during and after Covid 19.

JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP LINK TO UPGRADE YOUR FINANCES: https:///2Yf0I2h

We are going to take you through on:

�5 BUSINESSES WITH ZERO CAPITAL

�MINI EXPORTATION

�MINI IMPORTATION

� FREELANCING (FIVERR AND UPWORK)

�SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT.

�SEO AND GMB(PUTTING YOUR BUSINESS ON GOOGLE)

DATE: May 9th - May 11th

DO NOT LET YOUR PHONE USE YOU, USE YOUR PHONE.

JOIN: https:///2Yf0I2h

Message me:09051541245

Re: 5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search by Miratus(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2020
At a time when unemployment is rising, many people will benefit from this tips. Perhaps not now, but certainly in the near future. I especially agree with the fact that a winning CV is key of getting a good job. Many employers will not listen to you if your CV is half-empty. Write in there everything you consider your merits. And listen to the rest of this advice, the job's in your pocket.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancies At Akwa Ibom State College Of Education / Beware Of Marketing Vacancies In Banks! / Do Online Job Applications Ever Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.