Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,586 members, 7,854,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

How Do I Prepare For Verbal In The GRE? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Prepare For Verbal In The GRE? (131 Views)

Writing The GRE Test In Nigeria: My Experience / Which Is The Best Material To Prepare For The GRE? Is It Magoosh Or Galvanize? I / How Was The Experience To Write The GRE At Home Because Of The Corona Virus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Prepare For Verbal In The GRE? by rahul1(m): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2020
You can do the following things:
Read newspapers like New Yorker, New York Times etc. As per my knowledge the way these newspapers have content is very similar to the one you will find in the original GRE exam.
Download word apps and start learning words from them. My advice will be to use the English Vocabulary app(entrayn.com/galvanize/vocabapp/?referrer=utm_source%3DFBGroup), GRE test prep app(entrayn.com/galvanize/greapp/?referrer=utm_source%3DFBGroup). These are the ones I used and it proved to be helpful I think.
Improve your reading speed while understanding the context. In GRE exam in Verbal section you have to solve 20 questions in 30 minutes. That means 1.5 minutes per question. But this may not prove to be enough if you cannot read quickly while understanding the context chances of making mistakes increase because actual exam environment is different from practice environment. For this read some good novels and newspapers as mentioned above.
Become aware of question pattern on Verbal section. If you have given Powerprep test then you may have found out that from such question number to such question number i will be getting Sentence equivalence questions or RC questions. When you know such things then it becomes easy as there will be no surprise in the type of question that you will be facing and so you will be mentally prepared.
Last one is Practice, practice and more practice with time limit. Don’t think too much about scoring too high. Just focus on the process and love it. Fall in love with the words and reading. Understand the context and everything else will be fine."

(1) (Reply)

Web Development Training. Starts On Monday / Get Updated Huawei H13-611 Questions For Guaranteed Success / Runner Ups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.