Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Luke Shaw Hails Victor Moses As The Toughest Opponent He Has Faced - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luke Shaw Hails Victor Moses As The Toughest Opponent He Has Faced (258 Views)

Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced / Man Utd's Luke Shaw Criticises Referee For Hudson-Odoi No Penalty Handball / The Toughest Players Ever In The English Premier League History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Luke Shaw Hails Victor Moses As The Toughest Opponent He Has Faced by Accurate5(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has named Chelsea winger Victor Moses as one of his toughest opponents.

The 24-year-old left-back has played against some of Europe's best players since making his professional debut eight years ago - including Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - but it is Moses who has made a lasting impression.

The Nigeria international, currently on loan at Inter Milan, was one of Chelsea's standout performers under Antonio Conte during their 2016/17 title-winning season.

Shaw has made 132 appearances for Manchester United since joining the club in 2014
"People always think I'm joking, but one of my hardest games ever was against Victor Moses when I was coming in as a 17-year-old at Southampton," Shaw said on United's official website.

"Maybe because I was so young. He was really quick, direct, strong and that was a challenge for me.

"I've played against the likes of Gareth Bale, Messi and [Eden] Hazard, and they were all so good, but I always remember Victor Moses as a really tough opponent as well."

Shaw arrived at Old Trafford from Southampton in 2014 for a fee in excess of £30m and has made 132 appearances for the club.

Asked who has helped him develop as a player during his time in Manchester, Shaw singled out current team-mate Paul Pogba and former United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Shaw says Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have both helped him develop as a player
"I think back to when Ibra was at the club, he would push everyone mentally and physically in training," Shaw said.

"He made you stronger and I took a lot from him when he was at the club. The way he was, he could be very challenging, but he pushes everyone because he wants to win and he makes you mentally strong as well.

"Another one I'd say is Pogba. He's always been good with me. He's always telling me to believe in myself, telling me that he believes in me, so he's one that I'd say always pushes me in training.

"He's always said positive things to me that have driven me on, so I'd have to say Paul is a big influence."

The coronavirus pandemic led to the indefinite suspension of the Premier League last month, just as United were starting to gain momentum courtesy of an 11-match unbeaten run in all competitions.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11980095/luke-shaw-manchester-united-defender-says-victor-moses-is-his-toughest-opponent

(1) (Reply)

10 Nigerians Makes NBA This Year / Leroy Sane: Man City Unwilling To Let Winger Leave Cheaply For Bayern / Becky Lynch WWE RAW Women's Champ To Star In Marvel Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.