Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest (553 Views)

4th Of May Will Start The Survival Of The Fittest Game / Kourtney George Writes About Her Burns Survival / #Nobraday: Karina Adobaba-Harry Shares Her Cancer Survival Story (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by iknopro(m): 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
Government is not easing the lockdown because the coast is clear or no more covid 19 cases.
This! is giving Nigerians what they want because the fallout of this decision will be on them.
Come Monday, many people will go about their affairs with no care or fear for the virus, some at this point still believe this pandemic is a sham,.....In the end, the virus will spread and curtailment will become onerous.
When that happens: many people will be left to die, treatment will be according to status AND the masses will suffer because then, treatment will come at a cost!
Those of you thinking that by causing chaos you can force the Govt to lift the ban or those saying I would rather die of covid 19 than hunger, and those saying: no palliative no stay @home, bear in mind that whatever happens to you will be a "you" problem not the Governments'.
The countries sharing relief items to their residents didn't just get there suddenly, it's the product of a working "SYSTEM" built overtime with continuous modifications!
Nigeria is not there yet and can't be overnight!
So, before you put yourself at risk, remember that these people you think you are fighting will steer clear of the virus(no hustling&bustling) and if by chance get infected will get firsthand treatment before 100 persons will be tested!
Putting yourself at risk is not the best way to fight, you can only fight now because you are alive and hale, once that changes(when you catch covid 19) food, work, movement,....won't matter anymore!
As you step out, consider these:
Can the government manage a full-blown covid 19 crisis?
Can you afford the treatment?
And
Can you even get the treatment?

Covid 19 is very much around, if you can help it STAY IN....STAY SAFE....TILL IT'S SAFE OUT THERE!!
DON'T BE DECEIVED AND DONT DECEIVE YOURSELF!!
IN THE END, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR "YOU"

3 Likes

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by Enwhen(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
iknopro:
Government is not easing the lockdown because the coast is clear or no more covid 19 cases.
This! is giving Nigerians what they want because the fallout of this decision will be on them.
Come Monday, many people will go about their affairs with no care or fear for the virus, some at this point still believe this pandemic is a sham,.....In the end, the virus will spread and curtailment will become onerous.
When that happens: many people will be left to die, treatment will be according to status AND the masses will suffer because then, treatment will come at a cost!
Those of you thinking that by causing chaos you can force the Govt to lift the ban or those saying I would rather die of covid 19 than hunger, and those saying: no palliative no stay @home, bear in mind that whatever happens to you will be a "you" problem not the Governments'.
The countries sharing relief items to their residents didn't just get there suddenly, it's the product of a working "SYSTEM" built overtime with continuous modifications!
Nigeria is not there yet and can't be overnight!
So, before you put yourself at risk, remember that these people you think you are fighting will steer clear of the virus(no hustling&bustling) and if by chance get infected will get firsthand treatment before 100 persons will be tested!
Putting yourself at risk is not the best way to fight, you can only fight now because you are alive and hale, once that changes(when you catch covid 19) food, work, movement,....won't matter anymore!
As you step out, consider these:
Can the government manage a full-blown covid 19 crisis?
Can you afford the treatment?
And
Can you even get the treatment?

Covid 19 is very much around, if you can help it STAY IN....STAY SAFE....TILL IT'S SAFE OUT THERE!!
DON'T BE DECEIVED AND DONT DECEIVE YOURSELF!!
IN THE END, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR "YOU"

Weldone ....but don't give excuse for the govt. Our leaders failed Nigerians....despite our Abundant Resources, yet our people are crying for just a month stay at home ...u are saying Nigeria is not there yet, I ask u these questions

Is Southy there yet ?
Is Rwanda there yet ?
Is Angola there yet ?
Is Morroco they yet ?
Go and see what those countries are doing for their citizens , some of the country that an individual in Nigeria is richer than...Don't dare blame the citizens and exonerate the wicked leaders who failed them ....it is a shame , go to all. Media platform and see how Nigerians are begging without shame and it's nothing to our leaders as long as their stolen fund remain intact...let them come out and start deing let's see if this country will contain we and those wicked diabolic failed leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by PureGoldh(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
Na person wey chop meat dey demand for toothpick
Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by DanseMacabre(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Very true sir. All your points are valid, but at this point, I think it's clear that this virus has not and might not ravage Nigeria the way it has done other countries.

Save for Kano, mass deaths are not what the government can suppress for too long, especially with the proliferation ofvarious social media now.
To the common Nigerian who depends on a daily income to survive (estimated at 70% by various sources), hunger is a clearer and more present danger than COVID 19, hence the hysteria about being locked down for too long.
Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by yomifowe(m): 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
Op, God bless you greatly for this. We can see from the large numbers we have been seeing daily on the covid19 test results and deaths that this is not the right time for lockdown ease. We have to be truthful to ourselves, this is not the right time to lift the various lockdowns in the country because our security operative who failed to effectively manage the lockdown will still be the ones at the helms of affairs afterwards.

Is it the people who couldn't stop a few commercial buses from moving around during the lockdown that will be able to enforce a legion of them from loading to full capacity, or enforce the no-standing or no-AC rules on BRT busses, or enforce social distancing rules at the various parks and bustops during rush hours morning or evenings? I am aware that's lot of people are hungry and therefore needs to get back to their jobs/ businesses but if we observe countries like US and UK and what's happening in states like Kano, we will know that the lockdown has been a huge blessing to our nation and we really are not ready as a country to combat a full blown community infection.

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by Figger(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
@op I can see u re a salary earner and probably have more than enough to sustain u that's why u re talking this trash.

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by Asabe4(f): 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Very true sir. All your points are valid, but at this point, I think it's clear that this virus has not and might not ravage Nigeria the way it has done other countries.

Save for Kano, mass deaths are not what the government can suppress for too long, especially with the proliferation ofvarious social media now.
To the common Nigerian who depends on a daily income to survive (estimated at 70% by various sources), hunger is a clearer and more present danger than COVID 19, hence the hysteria about being locked down for too long.
@the bolded, why do you think so?

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by DanseMacabre(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Asabe4:
@the bolded, why do you think so?

It's simple. It's getting to two months since the virus hit Nigeria. As witnessed in other countries, by now we should be close to peaking, but the death toll, despite the lacklustre number of people tested, has been quite minimal. This, in my opinion, shows that the virus is not as adverse here as in other countries.

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by Asabe4(f): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
DanseMacabre:

It's simple. It's getting to two months since the virus hit Nigeria. As witnessed in other countries, by now we should be close to peaking, but the death toll, despite the lacklustre number of people tested, has been quite minimal. This, in my opinion, shows that the virus is not as adverse here as in other countries.
Fair point.

We hope so, as we cannot afford to get to the level of some of these other countries.

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by DanseMacabre(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Asabe4:
Fair point.

We hope so, as we cannot afford to get to the level of some of these other countries.

On God.
Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by Amhappy(f): 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Check NCDC post it ends with#Take Responsibility. Government is washing off there hands even though they have not put in reasonable effort. All man for himself

2 Likes

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by iknopro(m): 1:29am On May 01, 2020
PureGoldh:
Na person wey chop meat dey demand for toothpick
Lol, that's what you think right?

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by iknopro(m): 1:32am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

But while we are busy looking for that daily bread, we should also be careful so we don't die

1 Like

Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by iknopro(m): 1:34am On May 01, 2020
yomifowe:
Op, God bless you greatly for this. We can see from the large numbers we have been seeing daily on the covid19 test results and deaths that this is not the right time for lockdown ease. We have to be truthful to ourselves, this is not the right time to lift the various lockdowns in the country because our security operative who failed to effectively manage the lockdown will still be the ones at the helms of affairs afterwards.

Is it the people who couldn't stop a few commercial buses from moving around during the lockdown that will be able to enforce a legion of them from loading to full capacity, or enforce the no-standing or no-AC rules on BRT busses, or enforce social distancing rules at the various parks and bustops during rush hours morning or evenings? I am aware that's lot of people are hungry and therefore needs to get back to their jobs/ businesses but if we observe countries like US and UK and what's happening in states like Kano, we will know that the lockdown has been a huge blessing to our nation and we really are not ready as a country to combat a full blown community infection.
That's my point, God bless you too
Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by iknopro(m): 1:36am On May 01, 2020
Figger:
@op I can see u re a salary earner and probably have more than enough to sustain u that's why u re talking this trash.
Yes, I'm a salary earner but what I wrote is not trash but a little piece of advice, I care about you and the rest of the world.
Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by iknopro(m): 1:39am On May 01, 2020
Amhappy:
Check NCDC post it ends with#Take Responsibility. Government is washing off there hands even though they have not put in reasonable effort. All man for himself
Exactly, that's the point.
Re: Please Stay Safe, It's Now Survival Of The Strongest by Montlab25: 2:42am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

While you are right about the daily income dependants,I don't understand something. Why will a man that has been doing business for more than 5 years not be able to stay at home for just one month? These same people go on holidays for almost a month during Christmas and New year; Why didn't hunger kill them then? The only people I really pity are the petty traders not others. I think the cry of hunger has been exaggerated to justify their disobedience of the stay at home order. Imagine some people going out just to visit friends; Did hunger cause that one too?
We are not disciplined enough as a people, that is the truth and we look for the slightest excuse to break laws and disobey orders. I have a friend who has not opened his business office since the Lockdown was announced and he understands the sacrifice he has to make. My cousin who does the same business as my friend has refused to sit at home for just one day using hunger as an excuse. This is someone who has been doing business for 10 years and someone who closes business every December for 3 weeks because of Christmas. Can you see why I said many people are using hunger as an excuse?

(1) (Reply)

More Deaths Recorded As Coronavirus Global Cases Tops 4 Million / BREAKING NEWS: A god is born / WHO To Consider E-certificates For COVID-19 Vaccination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.