Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic (6442 Views)

Amputee Who Does Menial Jobs Fixes A Road In Amassoma, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by adigun98(m): 4:47am On May 03, 2020
oilyngbati:
Op, my advice for you is to look for a business you can do in and around the west African region and trust me, you will do well. Also, if you’re still single, get marry and start a family. Forget all this travel abroad, most of these guys that travelled abroad, end up marrying whites and the marriage disintegrate when they have gotten into their 50s. The ones that went abroad with their Nigerian wives even end up separating because the Nigerian woman grew wings because in abroad, women have more say in the homes
Abroad is not all that as rosy as it sounds. I know Nigerian couples who migrated to Canada 2yrs ago and today the man and the woman have divorced because of societal values. Single women with children are even paid more when they divorce their husbands, so divorce rate is high. Nigeria is bad, yes, but we have good family culture too. Just my 2 cent.

Op you see this man here is your Village people and he's monitoring you cos everything he said is bullshit ...
Make your plans and stick to it though I'd rather you save up more and try Europe

6 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Nobody: 5:38am On May 03, 2020
oilyngbati:
My guy, did I struck a nerve? The advice is for him and not for a bitter soul like yours. I only gave him an insight of what happens in abroad that most folks back in Nigeria don’t know, so that he’s well informed on how to navigate the trenches of abroad when he gets there. I go abroad all the time and I know what happens there, so buzz off!

There are people in many parts of African countries that are also making it here on the continent of Africa and they didn’t have to spend too much money traveling to the white man’s country.
yes u did. You don't even know if he has plans of getting married
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by meetme01: 9:04am On May 03, 2020
adigun98:

See again,this is what I always say everyday o ....
Boss sorry for interfering but if I don't you might just get the OP confused or other readers cos of your own mistakes,you were supposed to go to Mexico but you decided to stay in France where you didn't have any plans for on a transit Visa ,How the hell do you expect to survive in a foreign land with a transit Visa

Bro, if you're in the game of traveling wayback, you would understand how the street was then. Transit visa was just like visa. Officials are not too suspicious like now when boys have opened their eyes. Ask around, lots of folks in UK and Dutch speaking countries during that period stayed back with transit visa. Travelling out of the shores for an hustler like myself (just like Op) then was all about survival and nothing more. Traveling is now getting harder and stricter.

6 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by mansionmbn: 1:34pm On May 03, 2020
Good afternoon all, please I never asked for advice on how to invest the money. I only asked for advice on the best country to migrate to for any menial job as an ordinary O'level holder. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 03, 2020
mansionmbn:
Good afternoon all, please I never asked for advice on how to invest the money. I only asked for advice on the best country to migrate to for any menial job as an ordinary O'level holder. Thanks.
as you can see options are small. Dubai is the best bet but nothing guaranteed. Have a friend who left last year. Works in a laundry firm ironing clothes at night. 110k salary a month. They were 10 who went thru same agent. Only 3 got jobs the rest are back to 9ja

1 Like

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by gamaliel9: 2:07pm On May 03, 2020
I think someone advised you on agriculture..that money may be good for an African country...
I do not know where you live currently...but go to an agricultural commodity market...ask them how they get their supplies...You may be lucky.....

You can stay in Lagos and order ten bags of onions...it will be way billed for you to Lagos...or even yam from Zaki Biam...it will be way billed for you..you pay for the transportation.....or buy palm oil in the South East and it will be way billed to Lagos or any other place...you sell to already waiting buyers...

Be humble. Then you need to increase your capital....Going to Europe with that money...do you have where you sleep without paying rent? You will be fed? Take care of other bills like electricity,gas,etc? Unless you want to endure a lot suffering...

3 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by u3fine(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2020
grin
adigun98:

Op you see this man here is your Village people and he's monitoring you cos everything he said is bullshit ...
Make your plans and stick to it though I'd rather you save up more and try Europe

grin grin grin grin LWKMD

2 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Badilstical(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2020
meetme01:
Op, let me be sincere with you. If you're not careful 1.5M will be 1.5K in no distant time. That money is too small to travel abroad and survive before you gain your grounds. They might have lied to you that, you will definitely make it. Hmmm..

Let me brief you on my experience in 2012. I was out of the country for Mexico visa then, the embassy in Africa was only in Kenya. I was fortunate through 9ja skills to obtain transit visa to France. Myself and another guy decided to stop in France hoping Europe is better. It is but,let me shock you.

We met a Yoruba man in a cafe to seek assistance at least to accommodate us and put us through as per 9ja level. You know what, the man started speaking french. My guy spoke the little French he knows, he started speaking deep french. We became stranded till we found our way back to 9ja. We cursed him. He never looked back to reply. He just went way. That was 2012 when I was very young but smart. We were nearly deported if not for a perfect strategy we already planned ahead.

Out there is not as they paint it. It's damn hard if you don't have family or relatives in that country you intend going. Yes, you will survive but before then, anything might can happen. When I say survive, it involves many things. Who would guide you, how do you know when and where to go. Where to sleep etc.

I can see you're smart and young. Let me advice you, this is the time your money can be doubled in Nigeria within 12months. All you need is to re-strategize. Change your mindset that Nigeria is bad and you can't make it. Be positive about your life and be ready to start small.

I am not into agriculture and neither have I ventured into it before. I believe any investment in the agricultural sector at this stage would boom like never before. People are eating and foodstuffs are costly. Look for a small village where a certain crop yield fast, less or no security threats and move.. Before you know, you would become a bizman.

You can think of another venture that you're good at. Please, jettison the traveling idea if you don't have anyone to stay with abroad. You will wish you never tolled that path

Whichever you decide, all the best in your endeavours. #bewise.
My brother you be real mongo park, my first travel was around that 2012, you have give him the best answer, but deep inside my mind i know this guy will not follow this, you know person wey no go no go know. Is hard everywhere in the world with trusted family member, opp have say it all. Jah bless if you get ear be that

3 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by neoeverest(m): 8:42pm On May 03, 2020
This money is way too small. You need minimum of 3M naira to come to Europe and survive if you don’t have anybody here already to take you in. Stay back in naija and double the money first and also learn a skill(hand work)
mansionmbn:

I have Europe in mind especially Germany but my problem is that I don't have the money to foot the bill. I'm only with #1.5m.
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by samwash(m): 10:14pm On May 03, 2020
@ Op, remember the money u hv is not even the money u have work for that is in ur savings.
I guess you don't have any means that bring in income. The 1.5M is a loan, you think 6 months is for ever ?
I don't kwn the interest rate & d loan duration, but I guess the interest on that money will be up to 1/2 a million.
You better put that money to work now or else...
Don't put ur side & ur family into trouble, u wouldn't see friends or family members that can even borrow u 50K .
Be wise.

6 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Educhopper(m): 3:32am On May 04, 2020
1.5m is too small a time to make a trip, work and make gains as quickly as possible to repay your loan. If you already had a USA visa, with under the table jobs there, you could cover all flight expenses and make extra gain to repay your debt. Note that getting any visa for any trip anywhere, be it, trips to south america,europe or anywhere in africa would not be productive. My best bet is you look around you in nigeria and trade in something little for a start with low capital. God bless you.
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by ashatoda: 8:32am On May 04, 2020
what of someone who is a printer what is his options that's about handwork
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by cue64: 1:39pm On May 04, 2020
See I’m not here to advice you, and I’m not asking you to do the same thing I did, but let me tell you one thing,m. If you coming here looking for advice, you’re either going to get scared or confused and before you know it the time to repay back that loan will be upon you.... you’re a man nobody should decide for you what u want. Decide for yourself and stick to your plan, I saw someone who posted how he went to France and was stranded that’s funny, I know people who got to Europe knew no one but made a life for them selves, February last year I didn’t have iota that amount in my account, but I had my mind made up on what I wanted in life and I took the risk, I got to a foreign land, with not up to 200USD and I knew no one here.. I haven’t gotten everything I wanted yet but trust me it is the best decision I ever made. If traveling is what your mind wants take the risk but be sure that it is what you truly want. Don’t allow anybody to convince you to do otherwise

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by mansionmbn: 1:45pm On May 04, 2020
cue64:
See I’m not here to advice you, and I’m not asking you to do the same thing I did, but let me tell you one thing,m. If you coming here looking for advice, you’re either going to get scared or confused and before you know it the time to repay back that loan will be upon you.... you’re a man nobody should decide for you what u want. Decide for yourself and stick to your plan, I saw someone who posted how he went to France and was stranded that’s funny, I know people who got to Europe knew no one but made a life for them selves, February last year I didn’t have iota that amount in my account, but I had my mind made up on what I wanted in life and I took the risk, I got to a foreign land, with not up to 200USD and I knew no one here.. I haven’t gotten everything I wanted yet but trust me it is the best decision I ever made. If traveling is what your mind wants take the risk but be sure that it is what you truly want. Don’t allow anybody to convince you to do otherwise

Thanks for the advice
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by isaacotokhagua: 6:37pm On May 04, 2020
I don't no why you said you don't like countries in Asia ! .
Vietnam is a good place to hustle, there are teaching jobs there and other menial job as well. Cost of living is cheap, the only thing is the cost of flight since is a far country.
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by cue64: 8:03am On May 05, 2020
mansionmbn:

Thanks for the advice
lol bro is dint advice you, all I’m trying to say is you’re big a enough to make a decision, don’t allow people on Nairaland add more confusion to your already confused state
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Payroll1001(m): 12:46pm On May 05, 2020
mamatwiny:
Stay away from Dubai.
Nothing is happening there. Naija guys are trapped with no jobs but can't come back. Some have taken to begging just to feed. Babiyala things. If you travel to Dubai, all the Naija boys will feast on ur 1.5m, when it is finished, they will be praying and waiting for another Naija guy to come so they can continue to feed.
yes na true I had the experience when I went there they finished my money and kick me out thank God I was able to get work things out

2 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by mamatwiny(f): 1:33pm On May 05, 2020
Payroll1001:
yes na true I had the experience when I went there they finished my money and kick me out thank God I was able to get work things out

Thank God for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Ibechris2: 1:48pm On May 05, 2020
I will advice u to put that money to use and not attempt travelling with it.

As far as it's a loan,it is not ur money yet and don't endanger ur guarantor for helping u.

Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by sammyonal: 2:02pm On May 05, 2020
Hmmmm, well it's up to u, if u already made up ur mind that u wanna travel out of this country then u must be ready to face anything. To me that money is okay for any country u re going to in Europe cos it depend on the visa type, but the hard part is even u don't know anybody that will take u in or accommodate u it's going to be hell. But as a Nigerian U know u can always find ur way if u re determined. Just follow ur mind and pray that God direct ur steps u will surely survive.

1 Like

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Obioma993: 2:24pm On May 05, 2020
Hmmm since is a loan den I can't advise u to go into any business cos it will take more Dan six months to get dat money back in other to pay however 1.5m is still very little to travel out but I think it will be enough for countries like turkey or Finland n Dubai but since u aren't educated I will not advise u to go to Dubai just make ur research n pls av a positive mindset, don't really rely on the negative part just tell urself dat u will make it cos determination n grace is d only way to success. Good luck
mansionmbn:
Good evening all, I got a soft loan of #1,500,000 which I must pay back in six months time, both the principal and the interest and I have decided to travel out of the country Following this pandemic and how bad our economy is right now. Please I need ur candid advice on the country to migrate to after this lockdown. Thanks...

Note: I'm not a graduate nor undergraduate. I'm 30.
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by mansionmbn: 2:43pm On May 05, 2020
isaacotokhagua:
I don't no why you said you don't like countries in Asia ! .
Vietnam is a good place to hustle, there are teaching jobs there and other menial job as well. Cost of living is cheap, the only thing is the cost of flight since is a far country.

I never said that I didn't like Asia countries. I love Vietnam but my major problem is that I'm not a graduate to apply for teaching jobs.
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 05, 2020
I have noticed nigerians like discouraging people that want to travel and come and join them hustling abroad.
ordinary lagos that i wanted to travel to sometimes back my friend discourage me . Gabon unko? The samething. Note:i have people staying there already o.

THE Basic truth is that, the money is small but ,u can still get to euroupe with that amount ,very sure. But i dnt knw if u can find job. But u surely will.amen. Follow ur mind, e no work 4 dem no mean say e no go work 4 you.

2 Likes

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by uthlaw: 6:04pm On May 05, 2020
Try any Europe country,once you get there,you will be fine...nothing they this country!
Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by mansionmbn: 7:52pm On May 05, 2020
25tolife:
I have noticed nigerians like discouraging people that want to travel and come and join them hustling abroad.
ordinary lagos that i wanted to travel to sometimes back my friend discourage me . Gabon unko? The samething. Note:i have people staying there already o.

THE Basic truth is that, the money is small but ,u can still get to euroupe with that amount ,very sure. But i dnt knw if u can find job. But u surely will.amen. Follow ur mind, e no work 4 dem no mean say e no go work 4 you.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by mansionmbn: 7:53pm On May 05, 2020
uthlaw:
Try any Europe country,once you get there,you will be fine...nothing they this country!

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Countries To Migrate As A Non-graduate / Menial Worker After This Pandemic by adigun98(m): 10:42pm On May 05, 2020
If you would like to try France also,theres this program the France legion..
It's a military force in France and there accept foreigners but you will go though some training and assessment once you pass bro you're good ,free food ,free accomodation,and you get paid monthly..
Best of luck ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Countries In The World And Their Capitals 2014 / No Slot For TB Test In IOM Lagos Centre / How Often Do You Visit Your Village?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.