Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS (24509 Views)

Boko Haram/iswap's Murder Of Preacher Won't Break Our Trust In God, Buhari - Ch / Biodun Ogunyemi: We Are Expecting Buhari’s Decision On IPPIS / APC House Of Assembly Candidates To South-East Leaders: ‘You Betrayed Our Trust’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by AAA593: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) has withdrawn its initial support for the implementation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS).

With this development, it joined the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which had all along rejected the implementation of the government payroll platform, for its members across the Nigerian universities.

The non-academic workers’ union, which had initially supported the initiative, said its trust in the system was betrayed by the Federal Government “as reflected in the various irregularities noticed in the payment of February salaries of its members.”

In a statement by the union’s spokesperson, Abdulsobur Salaam, SSANU noted that all peculiarities it identified before the implementation, and which the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation as well as other implementing partners agreed to incorporate, were disregarded in the implementation.

The statement reads in part; “Kindly recall that we keyed into the IPPIS with an understanding that all the peculiarities in the university system, particularly pertaining to our members would be adequately addressed, especially the issues of allowances, appointments, increments, third party deductions among others. Various concerns were raised and our fears were allayed through various correspondences, meetings and practical sessions where the application was displayed and all issues brought forward were addressed. It was only after exhausting all the queries and getting satisfactory answers that our union, SSANU and its joint action committee counterpart, Non Academic Staff Union (NASU) decided to key into the platform in the overall interest of the system and our members.

“It is therefore shocking to us that our first real taste of the IPPIS application is totally different from what was presented. All the concerns raised by our unions were not implemented and disregarded. Apart from the breach of trust, which has now manifested, our members across the universities are groaning from various anomalies witnessed in their salaries thereby forcing them into great hardships, which they never bargained for when they keyed into the IPPIS.

“As a leadership, this is totally unacceptable! The recent development has once again shown, despite our attempts to test otherwise, that government can never be trusted and as such, based on what we have been subjected to with the February salary, we do not blame our lecturer counterparts, ASUU, for resisting the IPPIS from the beginning.”

The union subsequently urged the government to stop using the new platform to pay its members, and demanded a reversal to the old platform of the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS).
https://m.guardian.ng/features/education/fg-betrays-our-trust-on-ippis-says-ssanu/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by AAA593: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
And the small children for nairaland go dey insult ASUU every minutes. Wetin dem no even understand

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Abegi,...make una submit una Bvn or Bank account, if una no get anything to hide

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by aremed(m): 5:01am On May 01, 2020
Lazy readers, oya gather here grin grin

9 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Nobody: 5:02am On May 01, 2020
I can not give myself headache over system of payment for the job I no get.

8 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by konkonbilo(m): 5:02am On May 01, 2020
sad
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Blacknote: 5:02am On May 01, 2020
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Mubbyleey(m): 5:02am On May 01, 2020
Why wouldn't they say that when both SSANU & ASUU are so overwhelmed with fraud... Bunch of fraudsters!!!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by akanbiaa(m): 5:03am On May 01, 2020
Okay
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by akanbiaa(m): 5:03am On May 01, 2020
Hi
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Nobody: 5:04am On May 01, 2020
A
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by realstars: 5:05am On May 01, 2020
The Probleme Bettween Assu And Its Crew Is Endless, Till Today They Are Still On The Same Issue That Will Never End,
I Wonder If Other Countries Are Like That.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by braveboy64(m): 5:06am On May 01, 2020
Why are they rejecting this IPPIS gan
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by RaptObserver: 5:06am On May 01, 2020
Ghen ghen. Actually, IPPIS can fraustrate at the beginning but it will get better. Many agencies suffered same fate. Government need to upgrade the system because right now it gives the impression that workers pay is being syphoned through the system.

37 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by nsiba: 5:07am On May 01, 2020
Federal Government remains the biggest criminal in Nigeria

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Yenefer(f): 5:08am On May 01, 2020
Lol IPPIS slashed about 25% of there salary

8 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by TopeQs: 5:09am On May 01, 2020
wow....

just forget, even "senior" staffs don't know how not to show their selfish interest. IPPIS is just a way to curb staffs from collecting salary from more than one avenue, I don't know much about the senior staff but let me talk about the academic staff.

Let me paint a scenario for you, most federal Universities has a part time lecturer that has a full time job in another university, this is not bad but look at the case of some lecturers that go for part time lectures in as much as 3-4 other institutions, this way they are even making 3-4 people jobless because that could have been a job for fresh graduates.

I believe the IPPIS is meant to cover just one more visiting apart from your salary, ASUU will never tell you this but I will, those lecturers that have 2-3 part-time lecturing job will not want IPPIS because it will block the salary of the part-time job.
I can tell you that I know of a lecturer that has 4 part time lecturing job in another federal university, please, how will such a person have time for his own full time job, he will be joggling within states just to meet the other while not being able to put a focus on any of them, I was taught by one of them and he never had our time, then we run marathon class so as to cover up for his absenteeism.

ASUU are just motivated by selfish interest, they will never tell you this, this is not the first time that the government is changing their payment system, and it's not like their salary will be reduced, it is just those with too much of an extra work that will be affect.

the IPPIS was introduced to create transparency, yes, there are irregularities but that can definitely be sorted with time.

it is only the government that can be castigated by changing the way they want to pay their staff, could that happen to a private firm?

ponder on this.

modified again: to some of the people quoting me, if you can't quote without starting your sentence or including an insult, then you should be so ashamed of yourself.

I'm not supporting any manipulation, I'm just saying that some workers bite more than they can chew and that's why some don't want the IPPIS, I'm not saying all, I've spoken with a lot of lecturers about the IPPIS and most of them give me this same reason as why most of them wouldn't join the IPPIS.

I know of those who joined since and have gotten their salary, no reduction that they are shouting about.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by nsiba: 5:10am On May 01, 2020
Mubbyleey:
Why wouldn't they say that when both SSANU & ASUU are so overwhelmed with fraud... Bunch of fraudsters!!!

Then let them implement in CBN NNPC DPR FIRS etc

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by RichDad1(m): 5:10am On May 01, 2020
What’s so special about ASUU or university lecturers generally?
Is it not to work and be paid your salary??

Honestly , I believe civil servants contributed to the decay in this country more than politicians. They’re willing to frustrate any plans to make them accountable.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by RaptObserver: 5:11am On May 01, 2020
Norphiee:
Abegi,...make una submit una Bvn or Bank account, if una no get anything to hide
did u read the post?

2 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Badonasty(m): 5:13am On May 01, 2020
It’s only in Nigeria that an employee will be demanding how is employer will pay him

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by nsiba: 5:14am On May 01, 2020
braveboy64:
Why are they rejecting this IPPIS gan

They aren't rejecting it they gave a better and very transparent solution but the thieves in d ministry don't like it

3 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by swtdrms(m): 5:14am On May 01, 2020
Nigeria's problem is always complicated, you have a system to curb corruption and highhandedness, sincere implementation of the system is a problem. When you have a sincere person to man affairs, he's incompetent, you have a competent leader he's insincere. You are straightforward and sincere, you subordinates hate you, they want you out. Who do us? Why are we like this?

What type of drug are we suppose to use for this country? I tire ooo. Everything just jagajaga

Indeed Nigeria jagajag, everything scatter scatter

9 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by adioolayi(m): 5:14am On May 01, 2020
Issoraite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by ifeanyija(m): 5:15am On May 01, 2020
Badonasty:
It’s only in Nigeria that an employee will be demanding how is employer will pay him
then u don't knw hw union works, this is not just employee but Union

2 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by nsiba: 5:21am On May 01, 2020
RichDad1:
What’s so special about ASUU or university lecturers generally?
Is it not to work and be paid your salary??

Honestly , I believe civil servants contributed to the decay in this country more than politicians. They’re willing to frustrate any plans to make them accountable.

Go to a saner country and ask this sort of useless question
Do you think in US and Europe politicians earn more than academicians
Lectures aren't just ordinary civil servants

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by kkkp: 5:24am On May 01, 2020
nsiba:

are you comparing revenue generating agencies with ASUU?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Mubbyleey(m): 5:25am On May 01, 2020
Riqueleme:

The issue is IPPIS are not functioning very well, upon all the money spent on it...they haven't paid some workers now... even instead of paying you ya exact salary, they might pay you have of your salary or not paying anything at all.... NIGERIA is sick!
These irregularities are normal with IPPIS if they're just implemented, the government will definitely solve that issue... This isn't a big deal at all cos almost all MDAs & parastatals had once experienced this, so they should be patient. The government will solve this issue of irregularities with salaries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Corporate2020: 5:25am On May 01, 2020
The employer determines the payment method not the employees. However, employees reserve the fundamental human rights to reject the employer's conditions and walk away from the work. Let all University employees resign and go and find work elsewhere, that is their fundamental human right.

10 Likes

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by lexy2014: 5:28am On May 01, 2020
Norphiee:

D guys that used ippis that are now complaining, what did they submit?

1 Like

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Mubbyleey(m): 5:29am On May 01, 2020
nsiba:

Eventually, all government agencies and parastatals will be captured too. Only bunch of fraudsters would reject IPPIS. Advantages of IPPIS are too numerous to be rejected.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Orji Kalu Meets With Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Sodiq Ango-Abdullahi Wins PDP Election While Still Being Held By Kidnappers / Rivers Federal Lawmakers-elect Will Support APC Consensus Candidate For Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.