Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS (24531 Views)

Boko Haram/iswap's Murder Of Preacher Won't Break Our Trust In God, Buhari - Ch / Biodun Ogunyemi: We Are Expecting Buhari’s Decision On IPPIS / APC House Of Assembly Candidates To South-East Leaders: ‘You Betrayed Our Trust’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by mranova(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2020
Norphiee:
Abegi,...make una submit una Bvn or Bank account, if una no get anything to hide

You know nothing
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by braveboy64(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2020
nsiba:

They aren't rejecting it they gave a better and very transparent solution but the thieves in d ministry don't like it
What solution
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Jackossky(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2020
If we are not getting it right, can't our minister for Education visit foreign countries to seek for help?

I mean, he should go to countries like America, Finland, France, ask for the method they use over there to in relation to their lecturers and implement it over here.

If we can't get an acceptable indigenous program/1software to enroll the intellectuals in, let's go ask for one and the issue of Ippis or no ippis will be sorted out once and for all.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Chynwe(f): 10:06am On May 01, 2020
TopeQs:
wow....

just forget, even "senior" staffs don't know how not to show their selfish interest. IPPIS is just a way to curb staffs from collecting salary from more than one avenue, I don't know much about the senior staff but let me talk about the academic staff.

Let me paint a scenario for you, most federal Universities has a part time lecturer that has a full time job in another university, this is not bad but look at the case of some lecturers that go for part time lectures in as much as 3-4 other institutions, this way they are even making 3-4 people jobless because that could have been a job for fresh graduates.

I believe the IPPIS is meant to cover just one more visiting apart from your salary, ASUU will never tell you this but I will, those lecturers that have 2-3 part-time lecturing job will not want IPPIS because it will block the salary of the part-time job.
I can tell you that I know of a lecturer that has 4 part time lecturing job in another federal university, please, how will such a person have time for his own full time job, he will be joggling within states just to meet the other while not being able to put a focus on any of them, I was taught by one of them and he never had our time, then we run marathon class so as to cover up for his absenteeism.

ASUU are just motivated by selfish interest, they will never tell you this, this is not the first time that the government is changing their payment system, and it's not like their salary will be reduced, it is just those with too much of an extra work that will be affect.

the IPPIS was introduced to create transparency, yes, there are irregularities but that can definitely be sorted with time.

it is only the government that can be castigated by changing the way they want to pay their staff, could that happen to a private firm?

ponder on this.

modified again: to some of the people quoting me, if you can't quote without starting your sentence or including an insult, then you should be so ashamed of yourself.

I'm not supporting any manipulation, I'm just saying that some workers bite more than they can chew and that's why some don't want the IPPIS, I'm not saying all, I've spoken with a lot of lecturers about the IPPIS and most of them give me this same reason as why most of them wouldn't join the IPPIS.

I know of those who joined since and have gotten their salary, no reduction that they are shouting about.
You have just exposed your ignorance with the long epistle you put up.Silence is golden on a matter you know nothing about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by nsiba: 10:18am On May 01, 2020
braveboy64:

What solution

ASUU has a far better option that can be adopted nationwide and very transparent but greedy thieves don't want it
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Lovelive: 10:35am On May 01, 2020
Norphiee:
Abegi,...make una submit una Bvn or Bank account, if una no get anything to hide

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Philinho(m): 10:42am On May 01, 2020
Mubbyleey:
Why wouldn't they say that when both SSANU & ASUU are so overwhelmed with fraud... Bunch of fraudsters!!!
IPPIS own corruption now is worse oooo.... They're all the same
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by bluefilm: 11:08am On May 01, 2020
Mubbyleey:
Eventually, all government agencies and parastatals will be captured too. Only bunch of fraudsters would reject IPPIS. Advantages of IPPIS are too numerous to be rejected.

I dey tell you!

I love IPPIS die.

Both SSANU and ASUU should go and sleep in shît.

Bunch of useless and hopeless criminals!!!

Nonsense. sad

1 Like

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by gbajike(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2020
TopeQs:

Let me paint a scenario for you, most federal Universities has a part time lecturer that has a full time job in another university, this is not bad but look at the case of some lecturers that go for part time lectures in as much as 3-4 other institutions, this way they are even making 3-4 people jobless because that could have been a job for fresh graduates.

I believe the IPPIS is meant to cover just one more visiting apart from your salary, ASUU will never tell you this but I will, those lecturers that have 2-3 part-time lecturing job will not want IPPIS because it will block the salary of the part-time job.
I can tell you that I know of a lecturer that has 4 part time lecturing job in another federal university, please, how will such a person have time for his own full time job, he will be joggling within states just to meet the other while not being able to put a focus on any of them, I was taught by one of them and he never had our time, then we run marathon class so as to cover up for his absenteeism.

Permit me to say that your line of arguement is both weak and shallow!

How many lecturers are in Nigeria? How many of them do you know?

How many (of the minute number of lecturers you know) are actually involved in what you allege? What's the percentage? Do you know the stats?! Do you have proof?!��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

And yet you MISLEAD countless readers not because you have investigated or done any research to buttress your claims, but just because of a conversation with how many lecturers 1, 2, 5, 10, 50?!!!!

YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS ENTIRELY MISLEADING!

You sure can make any comment you want but PLEASE do your homework before you do so!

I blame ASUU for not doing enough (esp on SM) to intimate the public about their plight and their struggle!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by fof1: 11:32am On May 01, 2020
Mubbyleey:
Why wouldn't they say that when both SSANU & ASUU are so overwhelmed with fraud... Bunch of fraudsters!!!

Nonsensical ignoramus definita.

1 Like

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by MT: 11:45am On May 01, 2020
FG should advertise their positions if they refuse to comply.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by zicoy6k: 11:57am On May 01, 2020
TopeQs:
wow....

just forget, even "senior" staffs don't know how not to show their selfish interest. IPPIS is just a way to curb staffs from collecting salary from more than one avenue, I don't know much about the senior staff but let me talk about the academic staff.

ASUU are just motivated by selfish interest, they will never tell you this, this is not the first time that the government is changing their payment system, and it's not like their salary will be reduced, it is just those with too much of an extra work that will be affect.

the IPPIS was introduced to create transparency, yes, there are irregularities but that can definitely be sorted with time.

it is only the government that can be castigated by changing the way they want to pay their staff, could that happen to a private firm?

ponder on this.

modified again: to some of the people quoting me, if you can't quote without starting your sentence or including an insult, then you should be so ashamed of yourself.

I'm not supporting any manipulation, I'm just saying that some workers bite more than they can chew and that's why some don't want the IPPIS, I'm not saying all, I've spoken with a lot of lecturers about the IPPIS and most of them give me this same reason as why most of them wouldn't join the IPPIS.

I know of those who joined since and have gotten their salary, no reduction that they are shouting about.

From your post it's clear you know nothing about the university system and the struggles of ASUU. You should try to get your facts right before you comment on any issue regarding ASUU and IPPIS next time.

Modified
Many people on this forum don't know that members of SSANU are non-teaching staff and not lecturers. So many ignorant people making useless comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 12:29pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
so they should ban visiting lecturing? I hope you know if not for that your department would have failed accreditation.
bro understand me,in other climes dey school u are visiting takes care of the money u will be paid,but not the government. The government is supposed to pay a person once a month,not multiple times a month,but our ASUU wants government to be paying them more than once,the so called Lecturers have been using dey same idealogy to lecture for years with nothing to show,if u know wat VC builds in private with the money federal government gives each school then u will understand better,look at VC of unical dey past 3 have been completely right off.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Enskynelson(m): 12:31pm On May 01, 2020
braveboy64:
Why are they rejecting this IPPIS gan
What they said there is true. I joined IPPIS in December and was paid through the platform in February and March. My salary has reduced by about 23k with no explanations.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 12:33pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
bro understand me,in other climes dey school u are visiting takes care of the money u will be paid,but not the government. The government is supposed to pay a person once a month,not multiple times a month,but our ASUU wants government to be paying them more than once,the so called Lecturers have been using dey same idealogy to lecture for years with nothing to show,if u know wat VC builds in private with the money federal government gives each school then u will understand better,look at VC of unical dey past 3 have been completely right off.
but the same govt mopped all the money into tsa.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 12:35pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
but the same govt mopped all the money into tsa. so they should be ready to pay
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 1:16pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
but the same govt mopped all the money into tsa. so they should be ready to pay
the money mopped into TSA is to show accountability so that wen each agency or ministry removes money,it will be known who gave dey authorization and wat it was meant for so every agency money depends on how dey head of dey agency or minister removes money for anything the like
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 1:18pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
but the same govt mopped all the money into tsa.
dey money in TSA is not a general account but it's for the government to put eye on the account to know how ministry or agency spends ur money wouldn't be withdrawn for another agency
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 1:21pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
dey money in TSA is not a general account but it's for the government to put eye on the account to know how ministry or agency spends ur money wouldn't be withdrawn for another agency
lol before you get approval to pay visiting lecturer from TSA you go know how far. You think it is easy to collect your money from TSA? The easiest money is TETFUNd.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Akrabonky: 1:22pm On May 01, 2020
Ippis has fallen short of expectations, as non teaching staff we thought it would solve our problems but the reverse is the case
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 1:23pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
the money mopped into TSA is to show accountability so that wen each agency or ministry removes money,it will be known who gave dey authorization and wat it was meant for so every agency money depends on how dey head of dey agency or minister removes money for anything the like
and you think it is easy to move out the money? No be buhari again?
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Jung(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2020
TopeQs:

I only quote you because you seem to have an issue understanding what I wrote.. so re-read again, this time slowly. when you're done, re-quote me and this time, choose your words wisely, I'm not a kid that you could talk to as you please.

yes, I know a lecturer doing the part-time thing.in 4 different university, no imagination whatsoever, it's true.

You need to transfer your brain from bumbum to your head lmfao. Olodo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Jung(m): 3:32pm On May 01, 2020
TopeQs:

you stated really good points, I really wanted to learn with this and I did, thank you.

it isn't easy but we'll get there.

you know a lot of lecturers start with their bachelor's degree, can you explain to me why that is, since you stated good points, it doesn't seem the government follow what you said, or am I missing something?

Fowl said lecturers started with bachelors degree grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 5:57pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
and you think it is easy to move out the money? No be buhari again?
Buhari no get hand der,if DG or minister over remove na dem go answer
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 5:58pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
lol before you get approval to pay visiting lecturer from TSA you go know how far. You think it is easy to collect your money from TSA? The easiest money is TETFUNd.
TSA has nothing to do with visiting lecturers na der salaries and other allocation dey so any payment na dey university go pay not from government
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by Legendguru: 6:29pm On May 01, 2020
Sort yourself out
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 6:32pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
TSA has nothing to do with visiting lecturers na der salaries and other allocation dey so any payment na dey university go pay not from government
which University has money at this moment? You people just talk for talking sake. When ordinary 200 naira is paid to Abuja through remita.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 6:33pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
Buhari no get hand der,if DG or minister over remove na dem go answer
are they not under buhari? Is buhari not going to take any responsibility with anything that happens with TSA?
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 6:35pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
the only money Universities are seeing is TETFUNd. School fees and acceptance money Dem no de see everything to TSA through remita.
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 6:49pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
the only money Universities are seeing is TETFUNd. School fees and acceptance money Dem no de see everything to TSA through remita.
then ask ursef how do they get paid
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by thundafire: 6:50pm On May 01, 2020
jesmond3945:
which University has money at this moment? You people just talk for talking sake. When ordinary 200 naira is paid to Abuja through remita.
u dey work for university?
Re: SSANU: FG Betrayed Our Trust On IPPIS by jesmond3945: 7:15pm On May 01, 2020
thundafire:
u dey work for university?
Yes but not in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Lyon Buys Bayelsa APC Guber Nomination Form / Jonathan's 60th Birthday: Buhari Sends Felicitation Message / Benue: Fr. Alia Presents Certificate Of Return To Tor Tiv And Ochi’idoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.