Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:28 AM

Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus (447 Views)

Covid-19 Is Not Caused By Virus But A Bacteria. / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts / Meningitis Is NOT Caused By Heat - Dr Olufunmilayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by mlkraj(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
The recent over 200 death cases reported in Kano is obviously not caused by corona virus

Reason : Even with Lagos having the highest number of reported cases, we have not heard and it has never been reported that anyone stumbled and dead or there has been a drastic increase in the number of burials performed in any particular cementry.

It is fair to claim that Kano has more cases than reported but don't forget that lagos(and every other state) also have more cases than reported.

For anyone also claiming that probably Kano has more cases than Lagos it would have been agreeable but don't forget only Lagos and Abuja has international airports and since this virus was imported, the carriers must have passed through Lagos/Abuja(majorly lagos) while infecting a lot of people along the way (that explains why they both have highest number of cases) so how would kano have as much cases as Lagos/Abuja as at when the death were reported ?

Also claims that probably the kano people don't believe the virus exist and therefore are non challant about hygiene/prevention against the virus, U should also not forget that there are tons of people in Lagos that are still doubting the virus and are not very preventive against it. still no surge in burial cases.

Finally the recent report that 44% of the death cases in Kano had fever (which are one of the early symptoms of corona virus), dont forget that people have been having(and dying of) fever since the beginless time even before corona virus was in existence. So to me that reaserch is not enough to claim they were killed by corona virus

Finally finally, Ganduje who has been asking of 15billion to fight corona. If there were actually killed by corona dont you think he would have reported it to quickly get the money?

Cause of the death cases : well i don't know bt according to a rumour (which might be true or false) is that around this time of the year people die like that due to some illness *only common to them* it was even said that someone who went to kano one of previous years also caught the illness (and almost died) before returning to his home land. but it only became known nationally this year because of Corona virus which is usually associated to any disease/death nowadays.

Note: this is just my opinion so no insult you are free to give urs also in the comments.
Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by Enoch07: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
true, especially dat money way gandollar want, him for don shout since

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by Kwamecron(m): 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
undecided

1~First them denied any mass death in kano
2~so people way dey live for that area countered them on Twitter.
3~They then accept & decide to do "verbal" autopsy
4~ One kano official even say na hunger disease grin
5~Now they come again & down play it, by saying " almost every year at dis time hundreds of people die in kano due to "strange ilness" .

But honestly, I really don't care, cause even if I do, there's is nothing I can do. But time will reveal everything, wether na covid or not.
Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by HarunaWest(m): 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nonsense Post...We Northerners don't learn. Always using one lie to cover up another lie. Covid is killing them pure and simple.. which kind yeye yearly death u dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by smileforme15: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
[
I disagree with this analysis.
Airports are not the only borders that we have in Nigeria so forget about Lagos should always have the highest case than Kano.

Land borders from Niger,Chad that are as porous as possible have been nursing covid19 weeks before it was announced officially in Nigeria.

Bear in mind that these contacts are not easily traceable.unlike air border; no manifest , no data ,etc.

Since these cases were not tested, there is a high possibility of those dying in Kano to have reached a peak stage of the virus.

quote author=mlkraj post=89043405]The recent over 200 death cases reported in Kano is obviously not caused by corona virus

Reason : Even with Lagos having the highest number of reported cases, we have not heard and it has never been reported that anyone stumbled and dead or there has been a drastic increase in the number of burials performed in any particular cementry.

It is fair to claim that Kano has more cases than reported but don't forget that lagos(and every other state) also have more cases than reported.

For anyone also claiming that probably Kano has more cases than Lagos it would have been agreeable but don't forget only Lagos and Abuja has international airports and since this virus was imported, the carriers must have passed through Lagos/Abuja(majorly lagos) while infecting a lot of people along the way (that explains why they both have highest number of cases) so how would kano have as much cases as Lagos/Abuja as at when the death were reported ?

Also claims that probably the kano people don't believe the virus exist and therefore are non challant about hygiene/prevention against the virus, U should also not forget that there are tons of people in Lagos that are still doubting the virus and are not very preventive against it. still no surge in burial cases.

Finally the recent report that 44% of the death cases in Kano had fever (which are one of the early symptoms of corona virus), dont forget that people have been having(and dying of) fever since the beginless time even before corona virus was in existence. So to me that reaserch is not enough to claim they were killed by corona virus

Finally finally, Ganduje who has been asking of 15billion to fight corona. If there were actually killed by corona dont you think he would have reported it to quickly get the money?

Cause of the death cases : well i don't know bt according to a rumour (which might be true or false) is that around this time of the year people die like that due to some illness *only common to them* it was even said that someone who went to kano one of previous years also caught the illness (and almost died) before returning to his home land. but it only became known nationally this year because of Corona virus which is usually associated to any disease/death nowadays.

Note: this is just my opinion so no insult you are free to give urs also in the comments.
[/quote]
Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by mlkraj(m): 6:15am On May 01, 2020
@smileforme15
U have a valid point about the borders. But don't forget that kano is not surrounded by any border therefore according to your claim, it is only states that have border(s) around it that should have an higher number of cases(also death) than kano because people wouldn't jump from the border to kano. they'll have to pass through the states that are close to the border while infecting its residents.
Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by mlkraj(m): 6:19am On May 01, 2020
HarunaWest:
Nonsense Post...We Northerners don't learn. Always using one lie to cover up another lie. Covid is killing them pure and simple.. which kind yeye yearly death u dey talk?
How is what i said above a lie? Ok disprove just one of what i said
Re: Covid 19 : Why Kano Death Cases Are Not Caused By Corona Virus by mlkraj(m): 6:20am On May 01, 2020
HarunaWest:
How is what i said above a lie? Ok disprove just one of what i said with ur own facts.

(1) (Reply)

The #covid19 Cases Announced By NCDC Is A Fraction Of The Real Figure In Nigeria / MORE UPDATES : Nigeria Records 386 New Cases Of COVID-19, Total Rises To 3912 / Coronavirus LIVE Updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana, Wednesday 13 May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.