Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week (295 Views)

Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel / Incredible Moment Paralysed Man Walks For The First Time In 12 Years (Pictures) / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by Ebonyitvnews: 4:24am On May 01, 2020
@ EBONYITVNEWS.COM

Nigeria Riding Upward Curve, Breaks New Infection Record For Third Consecutive Day As Total Cases Hit 1932
Nigeria is currently riding a worrisome upward curve of the COVID-19 pandemic; beating its record for the highest number of new cases reported for the third consecutive day.

Ebonyitvnews  had reported that a total of 195 new cases were recorded on Tuesday, April 28 – the highest ever reported in a single day. That record was broken barely 24 hours after as Nigeria recorded 196 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, April 29; beating the record set on Tuesday.

However, a new record has been set for the third consecutive day, with 204 new cases reported on Thursday April 30; representing the highest ever recorded in a single day since the COVID-19 pandemic spread to Nigeria.

Meanwhile, a breakdown of the 204 new cases reported on Thursday shows a sharp rise in new infections in Kano. It recorded 80 out of the new cases reported, leaving Lagos – with 45 cases – in the shade. In total, 17 states and Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) were responsible for the 204 new cases recorded.

Consequently, the 204 new cases reported on Thursday took the number of confirmed cases in Nigeria to 1932. Also maintaining its upward curve was the death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria which rose to 58. On the brighter side, a total of 319 patients have been discharged so far after making full recoveries from the disease.

The data above was released by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in its latest update on the pandemic. Specifically, the details were published on its verified handle on the micro-blogging site, Twitter.

‘204 new cases of #COVID19 reported; 80-Kano, 45-Lagos, 12-Gombe, 9-Bauchi, 9-Sokoto, 7-Borno, 7-Edo, 6-Rivers, 6-Ogun, 4-FCT, 4-Akwa Ibom, 4-Bayelsa, 3-Kaduna, 2-Oyo; 2-Delta, 2-Nasarawa, 1-Ondo, 1-Kebbi. 11:50pm 30th April- 1932 confirmed cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. Discharged: 319. Deaths: 58.’’ the NCDC disclosed.

Furthermore, a look at the breakdown of confirmed cases per state reveals that; as at April 30 2020, 34 states and the FCT have recorded at least one confirmed case of COVID-19. Furthermore, the NCDC has revealed that 71% of all cases are from three states; namely Lagos, Kano and Abuja.

In addition, Lagos remains the hotspot of the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria with 976 confirmed cases. Next is Kano which has overtaken the FCT in second place with 219 cases. The FCT is responsible for 178 cases while Gombe is next with 76. Following closely is Borno with 66 cases; Ogun state has 56 cases; Edo – 44 cases; Katsina – 40 and Bauchi with 38 cases.

Also on the list is Bauchi with 38 confirmed cases; Sokoto is next with 36 cases; Kaduna – 35 cases; Osun has 34 while Oyo is responsible for 23 cases. Akwa Ibom is next with 16 cases followed by Rivers with 13; Kwara with 11 cases and the duo of Ondo and Delta with nine cases each. Ekiti and Taraba both have eight confirmed cases each; Jigawa is responsible for seven cases, Bayelsa – five cases; Zamfara has four cases while Enugu and Nasarawa have recorded three cases each.

Others include Niger, Abia, Adamawa, Kebbi and Ebonyi with two cases each; while the rear is brought up by Benue, Anambra, Plateau, Imo and Yobe, all of whom have recorded only one case so far.

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1255993387603329026

Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by igbarasdynasty: 4:35am On May 01, 2020
That's what the Government wants so they can embezzle more funds in fighting it... And gain sympathy from the rest of the world....

It's now Survival of the fittest....
Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by AJOBI77(m): 4:40am On May 01, 2020
It's shocking when my neighbour insisted yesterday that Corona virus doesn't exist in Nigeria. I just shook my head in disbelief
Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by haiti007(m): 4:43am On May 01, 2020
Audio increment. angry

The states are just sharing what they could have diverted into health sector.
When the figure now start to rise in reality, they start appealing to religious leaders, and those foreign organizations.
Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by Nobody: 4:43am On May 01, 2020
As if we predicted right that this people will hardly observe W.H.O recommendations on Social distancing, sanitizing of hands etc. due to their care free attitude. Kano is aggressively moving to the 1st Position of the COVID table. Sai Kano... The aspiring New York of Africa.

Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by Omihanifa: 4:50am On May 01, 2020
Another lockdown looming if these numbers keep rising undecided
Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by decatalyst(m): 4:55am On May 01, 2020
AJOBI77:
It's shocking when my neighbour insisted yesterday that Corona virus doesn't exist in Nigeria. I just shook my head in disbelief

This pandemic make me know say we get too many Thomas for this country.

The going to school doesn't make you sensible.

That you hold PhD doesn't necessarily make you literate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by Nobody: 5:39am On May 01, 2020
decatalyst:

This pandemic make me know say we get too many Thomas for this country.

The going to school doesn't make you sensible.

That you hold PhD doesn't necessarily make you literate.
...reminds me of one pastor that boldly said covid is 5g...you sometimes wonder if they sniff coca before saying these things, even with prominent people are dying here and there some would still be doubting.
Re: Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week by Zigzih99: 5:44am On May 01, 2020
Scientist have a discovered vaccine in kano that convert covid-19 to malaria.

(1) (Reply)

102 COVID-19 Potential Vaccines Available – WHO / China Discovers New Coronavirus Strain That Lasts 49 Days / Nigerians React As Oyedepo Submits That Opening Markets, Closing Churches Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.