Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Did Our Government Lie? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Our Government Lie? (507 Views)

Osinbajo: Aisha Buhari Is A Worthy Partner To Our Government / Our Government Hates Us- Bolanle Olukanni, ifuennada Reacts To Okada Ban / Did Akwa Ibom State Government Lie About Ibom Air? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Our Government Lie? by SeunWedsLinda(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2020
in the wake of the Corona virus pandemic, a good number of Nigerians were concerned over the government's ability to efficiently manage an outbreak. there were calls to close international borders which the government failed to accede to. this came at a time when Italy, a country with by far better and equipped medical facilities got overwhelmed in treating infected persons.

in a bid to allay the fears of Nigerians, the government through the NCDC announced that they were ready and capable of fighting the Corona virus. recent reports emanating from NCDC might suggest otherwise. isolation centers in most states are dilapidated. contact tracing and testing of persons is done at slower pace. ncdc running out of bed space with only about 0.2% of the population tested, relaxing the lockdown amidst increasing cases of the Corona virus (of course they had no other option).

this behooves us to see through the underlining inadequacies of this APC led government. it brings to fore the president's ministerial appointments driven by ethnic sentiment and incompetence.

I thought they said they were ready. why the cries now?

1 Like

Re: Did Our Government Lie? by Nobody: 7:35am On May 01, 2020
When do the decrepit demons in power in Nigeria tell the truth? How could they claim to be ready knowing that this Government and Governments before under-developed the Health Care system in Nigeria? I will tell you why they thought they were ready, at the time, fake news said that COVID-19 could not survive in hot weather and they believed that.

1 Like

Re: Did Our Government Lie? by loosecanon50(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2020
cheesy grin
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by tayoccu(m): 7:43am On May 01, 2020
Yes they lied when they said they’re ready to fight it, but then who goes to war saying “we’re gonna lose”?
No country on this planet is capable of fighting this pandemic right now, what we’re all doing is managing it while we ride out the storm.
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by SeunWedsLinda(m): 7:47am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
When do the decrepit demons in power in Nigeria tell the truth? How could they claim to be ready knowing that this Government and Governments before under-developed the Health Care system in Nigeria? I will tell you why they thought they were ready, at the time, fake news said that COVID-19 could not survive in hot weather and they believed that.
the border they refused closing then is closed now. the economy they claimed to sustain is in ruins now. they've even extended the border closure to states. incompetent bunch!
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by oluwadabira111(m): 7:55am On May 01, 2020
O boy una just arrive Nigeria! government have been lying since 800bc
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by donbachi(m): 7:56am On May 01, 2020
Ncdc be like guyman..always telling girls "i Will love,cherish,protect and spend on u" ..but the moment him don chop dat thing..him go change am for her...ncdc don chop d money...dem don change am for us.

1 Like

Re: Did Our Government Lie? by SimplePlan34: 7:58am On May 01, 2020
U still believe anything d govt says?
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by SeunWedsLinda(m): 7:59am On May 01, 2020
tayoccu:
Yes they lied when they said they’re ready to fight it, but then who goes to war saying “we’re gonna lose”?
No country on this planet is capable of fighting this pandemic right now, what we’re all doing is managing it while we ride out the storm.
who accepts a war that could be avoidable. At a time when all countries were closing her borders. Your government still left hers open to every Tom, dick and Harry. Defending this government sounds stupid imo
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:04am On May 01, 2020
They are still lying right now
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by tayoccu(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2020
SeunWedsLinda:
who accepts a war that could be avoidable. At a time when all countries were closing her borders. Your government still left hers open to every Tom, dick and Harry. Defending this government sounds stupid imo

Yes the government didn’t react on time, but so did other governments.
And I disagree that covid 19 is avoidable, as of the time the index case entered Nigeria, 3-3 a symptomatic people may already have entered the country
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2020
They've been lying since Na cheesygrin When I saw that news, I was just laughing, maybe that's the reason why they were careless about border closure, they wanted to clear doubts...... alas grin
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by Nobody: 9:25am On May 01, 2020
I'm always shocked when I see Nigerians that still believe in the govt or still think those mongs up there give a sh*t about them. When have you ever heard a single truth from the Nigerian govt?!

1 Like

Re: Did Our Government Lie? by DATACUG00000(m): 5:03pm On May 01, 2020
They are lying oo
They are not to be trust at all
Re: Did Our Government Lie? by oziamaka: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
they did not o,. they sent someone to Germany to sign agreement on 24hours electricity and ventilators supply, before his return the virus took the other way and enter the country when we were waiting for ventilators supplies.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike Monitors PH/ Obio/akpor Lockdown / Congratulations To The New National Secretary Of APC / Don’t Hike Prices, FG Tells Traders, Transporters, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.