Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,864 members, 7,828,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC (2795 Views)

My Toyota Camry Car 2005 Aircond Cold Only When On Speed,but / Peugeot 406 Or Honda End Of Discussion? Which Is Advisable / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Princecanada: 8:20am On May 01, 2020
This will be my first car.
Need a car that is fuel efficient and durable.
Which would you suggest?

I know Corolla is fuel efficient but has less power compared to the 406 and DC. Also I don't want a car that would give me unnecessary hypertension as the Corolla is prone to theft.

I know Corolla is fuel efficient but has less power compared to the 406 and DC. Also I don't want a car that would give me unnecessary hypertension as the Corolla is prone to theft.

Modified

Many thanks for your inputs...
After reviewing your comments in addition to more research. I have decided not to go for either cars. I will be settling for the 2005 C230 Kompressor instead. I do hope I have a good experience with it.

1 Like

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by KINGreignn: 8:25am On May 01, 2020
Princecanada:
Which would you suggest?

None!
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by buygala(m): 8:33am On May 01, 2020
Princecanada:
Which would you suggest?

If you can drive Manual gear, get the 406

If you cant, get the DC....

Whatever you do, pls don't get an Auto gear 406 smiley

6 Likes

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by revilomichaels(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2020
They are both good cars.

Peugeot is better with fuel economy.
It gives you a full sedan feeling and still doesn’t consume much fuel.

All the guys that drive the manual have never complained about the car. It can stay for years,

Honda is a very smooth ride but Nigerians can complain even when they have never used the car. I’ve experienced Honda for four years and didn’t change bolt joint.
As far as u have an original Honda bolt joint, the engine is rugged , transmission smooth.

My only but is on fuel economy compared to the Peugeot. That’s all

4 Likes

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Princecanada: 8:55am On May 01, 2020
revilomichaels:
They are both good cars.

Peugeot is better with fuel economy.
It gives you a full sedan feeling and still doesn’t consume much fuel.

All the guys that drive the manual have never complained about the car. It can stay for years,

Honda is a very smooth ride but Nigerians can complain even when they have never used the car. I’ve experienced Honda for four years and didn’t change bolt joint.
As far as u have an original Honda bolt joint, the engine is rugged , transmission smooth.

My only but is on fuel economy compared to the Peugeot. That’s all

The difference in fuel consumption between the 406 and DC, is it significant or negligible? I love the interior design of the DC more, however I still feel the 406 manual is more rugged and durable. I don't intend to use and sell off, I want a car that I can keep and still drive after several years and look at and say, this is the car I started with. I fear the DC may not look too good in shape in the long run.
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Princecanada: 8:59am On May 01, 2020
buygala:

If you can drive Manual gear, get the 406

If you cant, get the DC....

Whatever you do, pls don't get an Auto gear 406 smiley

Thanks. What's your opinion on fuel efficiency and long term durability between the two cars?
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Princecanada: 9:00am On May 01, 2020
KINGreignn:

None!
So which would you recommend instead?
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by revilomichaels(m): 9:01am On May 01, 2020
Princecanada:

The difference in fuel consumption between the 406 and DC, is it significant or negligible? I love the interior design of the DC more, however I still feel the 406 manual is more rugged and durable. I don't intend to use and sell off, I want a car that I can keep and still drive after several years and look at and say, this is the car I started with. I fear the DC may not look too good in shape in the long run.

Honda always come with good interiors. Even Toyota can’t beat that except in their Lexus series and Avalon.
If it is beauty you are looking for, Honda is it.
As per keeping a car clean for long time depends on the driver. U can choose to drive your car for 10 years and it will look brand new, I’ve seen people do it and u can choose to drive ur car for a year and 911 can confidently come to ur carpet and pack trips of sand.

The driver’s maintenance culture determines this, not the type of car

4 Likes

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by buygala(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2020
Princecanada:

Thanks. What's your opinion on fuel efficiency and long term durability between the two cars?

The 406 manual wins in fuel efficiency..

All cars are durable...It all boils down to how you handle them...The manual 406 can take a bit more abuse than the DC tho

3 Likes

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by woodrow(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2020
You have made 2 very good choices .
All the Peugeot I have ever owned have always been manual.from 504 to 405 then to the 306,so I can't say anything about the automatic transmission.I like the fact that you said you want to keep the car for long.its quite impressive.if you get a very good Peugeot car,u definitely would enjoy it for as long as u want.

I have never owned a Honda Accord,but I have read about how it served someone on nairaland who is still attached​ to it till date.let me invite Fogman to narrate his wonderful experience about the Honda Accord.

Whenever you seek advice about a car,try weigh opinion from people who have actually owned,maintained and used the car in question and not from people who just heard about the car from beer parlor talks.

4 Likes

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Princecanada: 9:17am On May 01, 2020
woodrow:
All the Peugeot I have ever owned have always been manual.from 504 to 405 then to the 306,so I can't say anything about the automatic transmission.I like the fact that you said you want to keep the car for long.its quite impressive.if you get a very good Peugeot car,u definitely would enjoy it for as long as u want.

I have never owned a Honda Accord,but I have read about how it served someone on nairaland who is still attached​ to it till date.let me invite Fogman to narrate his wonderful experience about the Honda Accord.

Whenever you seek advice about a car,try weigh opinion from people who have actually owned,maintained and used the car in question and not from people who just heard about the car from beer parlor talks.

Waoooh...many thanks.
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by maynation(f): 9:34am On May 01, 2020
KINGreignn:

None!
grin grin
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Fogman(m): 9:42am On May 01, 2020
woodrow:

Thank you for the mention. Op, Honda Accord DC is a very sweet car, if you can afford to pamper her and also use oem parts, she will not disappoint you. Mine was used for 4yrs and no major issues because I didn't compromise. Everything I used for her, starting from oil were factory recommended and you can get them at Honda market Ebute Metta .

Also, I didn't patronize Kazeem because it rarely give me issues. Anytime I have concern, I take it to G azzuzz for professional attention . Although I have upgraded, but car is still parked in my compound unused for almost 1yr now, because of emotional attachment. Can't bring myself to sell a car that didn't trouble me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Praxtech: 9:46am On May 01, 2020
buygala:

The 406 manual wins in fuel efficiency..

All cars are durable...It all boils down to how you handle them...The manual 406 can take a bit more abuse than the DC tho
Neither of the two vehicles are durable. Reliability is a mixed bag..but if you can DIY I'd urge the 406 because it combines fuel efficiency. However the 406 is built with a tin foil body hence road accidents are often very fatal.. if safety is also a concern AS IT SHOULD BE...then I'd advise the Honda.

1 Like

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by RZArecta(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2020
Volvo S60
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Praxtech: 10:43am On May 01, 2020
RZArecta:
Volvo S60

Nonsense! He asked between two cars. This is how you fail exams. Volvo wey mechanics scarce like kilode.... Or you think all of us responding have no alternatives for him? Or you think W202 C180 C200 C230, W203 C180-200 are not better cars than the two he's asking about?

But we choose to respect his power of choice. And you should.

2 Likes

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by RZArecta(m): 11:18am On May 01, 2020
Praxtech:

Nonsense! He asked between two cars. This is how you fail exams. Volvo wey mechanics scarce like kilode.... Or you think all of us responding have no alternatives for him? Or you think W202 C180 C200 C230, W203 C180-200 are not better cars than the two he's asking about?

But we choose to respect his power of choice. And you should.
just trolling, I actually wanted to recommend Toyota Corolla for the fun of it
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Praxtech: 11:32am On May 01, 2020
RZArecta:
just trolling, I actually wanted to recommend Toyota Corolla for the fun of it
Hmmm ok on a trolling level.... Op should consider this perfect build

1 Like

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by maynation(f): 12:02pm On May 01, 2020
RZArecta:
Volvo S60

This bros again. grin grin
Awon set volvolee.

1 Like

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by RZArecta(m): 12:10pm On May 01, 2020
maynation:

This bros again. grin grin
Awon set volvolee.
volvo is actually a very reliable car but as per the op’s options, if he needs something for longevity I’ll pick the 406, I’ll only take the Honda because I don’t like stress of manual driving inside town but that Honda will go after about three or four years

1 Like

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by RZArecta(m): 12:13pm On May 01, 2020
Praxtech:

Hmmm ok on a trolling level.... Op should consider this perfect build
a late in-law got something like this and could actually swear by the car, he regularly drove from Warri to Ph as if it was a 2km journey but I think this’ll fail op’s fuel consumption criteria

1 Like

Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by maynation(f): 12:28pm On May 01, 2020
RZArecta:
volvo is actually a very reliable car but as per the op’s options, if he needs something for longevity I’ll pick the 406, I’ll only take the Honda because I don’t like stress of manual driving inside town but that Honda will go after about three or four years
406 is manual?? shocked
I know Volvo is reliable anyways.
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2020
Princecanada:
Which would you suggest?

get the DC.with good maintenance it wud still be sturdy.
Re: First Car: 2005 Peugeot 406 Or Honda Accord 2007 DC by ojeysky(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Princecanada:
Which would you suggest?

Modified

Many thanks for your inputs...
After reviewing your comments in addition to more research. I have decided not to go for either cars. I will be settling for the 2005 C230 Kompressor instead. I do hope I have a good experience with it.

I have a sharp one if I interested - fully toks

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will I Use To Clear A 1996 S420 / Review Of Aston Martin Rapide S ( Pics ) / Ivm Coaster Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.