Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? (682 Views)

Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be? / See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Bekeey: 8:39am On May 01, 2020
During our primary and secondary school days, every child mostly has it in common to become neither a doctor, lawyer and Engineer. That was three major commonly known professions then. Can you share what was passion behind this?

Mine goes this way...

For me while growing up, I wanted to become a Lawyer, probably because I loved talking and everyone used to Call me barrister. There was also a family friend Lawyer I looked up to then

Then Jamb jammed me and I ended up studying political Science and the rest is history.
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Nobody: 8:41am On May 01, 2020
Computer scientist.

Video producer.

Na the same computer we still dey use.

2 Likes

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by CokeBar(f): 8:44am On May 01, 2020
Doctor

Now an IT professional
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Chimaobi302(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2020
√An Engineer,

√Then after that I fell in love with petrochemical engineering.
√But during my jamb registration, I discovered that the course was not in my dream university so I switched to civil engineering,

√Currently studying civil engineering @ my dream uni. 2L

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
Medical doctor

Now OAP
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by ehbellsho(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2020
Civil Engineer

Today, I am a Proud TEACHER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Sisijetue(f): 9:18am On May 01, 2020
Pilot grin

Fast forward I’m a fashion designer and a business woman

1 Like

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Samakus(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2020
Growing up, I only wished to be a Civil Engineer.

Now,

Nigeria happened

And,

I became a Federal civil servant

1 Like

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by francdec4(m): 11:44am On May 01, 2020
Wanted to be a Geologist {Geology & Mining} cos of my love for nature.

Finally fate took me to Medicine {Doctor}
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Jokerman(m): 3:16pm On May 01, 2020
Wanted to be a footballer

Now a mechanical engineer, and an educationist
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 01, 2020
[quote author=Chimaobi302 post=89053313]√An Engineer,

√Then after that I fell in love with petrochemical engineering.
√But during my jamb registration, I discovered that the course was not in my dream university so I switched to civil engineering,

√Currently studying civil engineering @ my dream uni. 2L[/quote

With all due respect sir, can you recommend engineering textbook (PDF).Currently studying engineering too @ my dream School. Thanks
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:
Wanted to be a footballer

Now a mechanical engineer, and an educationist

Wow, I will love to be advised on getting an engineering textbooks sir(PDF)(recommend though) thanks.
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Nobody: 1:09am On May 02, 2020
Dreamt of being a Space scientist

I am now into Medicine (currently in 300level) smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by BIGPREEQ: 5:11am On May 02, 2020
Neurosurgeon

Pharmacist
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Victoreeah(f): 11:45am On May 02, 2020
My dream was to be a lawyer when I was little
But now I can't even read for minutes without dozing.

Now am studying banking and finance instead

All in all I hate books and school sad

1 Like

Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Bekeey: 12:11pm On May 02, 2020
francdec4:
Wanted to be a Geologist {Geology & Mining} cos of my love for nature.

Finally fate took me to Medicine {Doctor}

Nice one
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Xristars(m): 2:23pm On May 02, 2020
Victoreeah:
My dream was to be a lawyer when I was little
But now I can't even read for minutes without dozing.

Now am studying banking and finance instead

All in all I hate books and school sad

my brother please try and develop interest or better still listen to audio books or watch videos. Why? Because most secrets of success are there. E get y.
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by Xristars(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2020
Wanted to be an Engineer, but in secondary school I didn't like physics. I switched.

Anyway I'm an Accountant/Fashion designer.
Re: As A Child Then, What Was Your Dream Profession And What Are You Today? by francdec4(m): 3:26pm On May 02, 2020
Granted I love practicing medicine but I still miss studying about rocks, the atmosphere and what lies beneath the earth and above the skies. Am hoping I will one day get a second masters there if it's possible even if it's for knowledge sake. �

Bekeey:

Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Join Whatsapp Group For Forsage Smart Contract / Bitcoin / Thread: Dairy of a YouTube content creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.