Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User (51112 Views)

Whatsapp Video Call On Tecno POP 6. / How To Set Ringtone On Any Android Devices - New Incoming Calls Per Ringtone / See Why Whatsapp Video Chat Is Still Better Than Apple’s Facetime For Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Wetlink: 3:05pm On May 01, 2020
temmypotter:
Well, it's what Mark is, I used to Adore the guy but these days he is coming across more like his critics paint him, a poacher and copy machine.

For Crissakes! Zoom has been out there forever, suddenly because there's a boost in the need for remote conferencing and zoom seems to be finally making some nice Buck, Mark wants to benefit and in so doing destroy Zoom, watch it, Facebook might make an acquisition offer for zoom and if they don't bend, baba will do what he's done to Snapchat to them

The only true Innovative genius we have in the world today is Elon Musk! A revolutionary who appears once in every 100 years, the remaining big tech CEOS are sellouts. Full stop

No be Mark go destroy Zoom, their lack of innovation will do that.
Competition in the tech world is a welcome development... He should copy all he wants we go dey patronize am like that since what most of us are good at is in criticizing. Produce toothpick kwanu? No way!
I can bet that from all you know and use today, just a very minute percentage is your original idea. The rest na copy and paste so why attack him?

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Topmaike007(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
temmypotter:
Well, it's what Mark is, I used to Adore the guy but these days he is coming across more like his critics paint him, a poacher and copy machine.

For Crissakes! Zoom has been out there forever, suddenly because there's a boost in the need for remote conferencing and zoom seems to be finally making some nice Buck, Mark wants to benefit and in so doing destroy Zoom, watch it, Facebook might make an acquisition offer for zoom and if they don't bend, baba will do what he's done to Snapchat to them

The only true Innovative genius we have in the world today is Elon Musk! A revolutionary who appears once in every 100 years, the remaining big tech CEOS are sellouts. Full stop
I also respect bezoz
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Topmaike007(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2020
nwakibie3:

Which one is zoom abeg?
the king of video conferencing app
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by izubext007: 3:33pm On May 01, 2020
MTN AIRTEL AND GLO would be happy now.......another data consuming app.
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by ungara17: 3:36pm On May 01, 2020
[quote author=SageBusiness post=89064883]Mark is always improving everything he owns.

Smart business man. You should apply it too by improving yourself. improvement for more opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Nathphil(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2020
Effect of house party app. Nice one
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by enemyofprogress: 3:46pm On May 01, 2020
What is WhatsApp? I have never heard of it before
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Nickymezor(f): 3:47pm On May 01, 2020
Interesting
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by moderatedguy: 3:47pm On May 01, 2020
yusufu16:
BAd market for ZOOM
Zoom takes 500 video calls at a time..,.....Facebook still dey learn.
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by LOVEGINO(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2020
AuntRose:
Everything is upgrading to a better version except Nigerian Politicians...
backward ever until we get up and fight for our right.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by CapitalBank: 4:25pm On May 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
They want to compete with Zoom
don't mind dem..
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Michealky: 4:26pm On May 01, 2020
Zoom company need to sue Mark zuckerberg for piracy
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Isoduwa(m): 4:33pm On May 01, 2020
Rgade:
So whatsapp does video calls?
No only play video call

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Dollabiz: 4:35pm On May 01, 2020
Zoom added over 300million users during lockdown and it gave Whatsapp a run for his life
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by folake4u(f): 4:35pm On May 01, 2020
Roon9:
I didn't even know I could add one more person sef

Lmao really?! grin grin grin.
This is so funny.

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Dinspires(m): 4:46pm On May 01, 2020
Do you want to make *MONEY*?

I have a FREE package, just for YOU

It's a FREE, 3-DAY intensive business class that will more than DOUBLE your financial earnings during and after Covid 19.

Join NOW: https:///2Yf0I2h

Here's what you'll be learning for FREE;
�5 BUSINESSES WITH ZERO CAPITAL

�MINI EXPORTATION

�MINI IMPORTATION

� FREELANCING (FIVERR AND UPWORK)

�SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT.

�SEO AND GMB(PUTTING YOUR BUSINESS ON GOOGLE)

DATE: May 9th - May 11th, 2020.

If your phone isn't earning you MONEY, it is a liability!

Join NOW : https:///2Yf0I2h

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by afecgivers: 4:51pm On May 01, 2020
BusinessInflux:
WHATSAPP, The American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over Internet Protocol (IP) service owned by Facebook has gone a step further, making it possible for its video call feature to admit as much as eight people simultaneously in a call.

Users of Android and iPhone can now add twice the previous number of people allowed in a video call on WhatsApp.

Facebook, the parent company of WhatsApp disclosed the latest quirk in a Video Call News last week. According to the report, the Video Call upgrade is now accessible for iOS and Andriod device users running the newest model of the application.

The new quirk on WhatsApp, which at the moment is the most actively used messaging application with over 2 billion users around the globe, provides a more suitable substitute for other Conference call platforms like Zoom, Houseparty, FaceTime, as well as Skype.

Nevertheless, though WhatsApp still dawdles with some of the big players in the game like Google Duo which allows 12 calls at a time; Google Meet with as much as 100 people for private users and 250 for business and educational purposes; Apple's FaceTime allowing 32 callers and Zoom permitting 500 callers on priced premium, the messaging app-WhatsApp is now in the category with Houseparty allowing 8 callers as well.

Also, the video call upgrade on WhatsApp is not exempted from the end-to-end encryption security that the app adopts to prevent externals including WhatsApp itself from viewing or listening to personal conversations. With the issues of cyber hacking, this upgrade is just right on time.

While the world is on lockdown from the Coronavirus pandemic, video call applications and platforms have become a basic necessity for catch-ups with family and friends as well as for business and educational communications.

WhatsApp's parent company, Facebook also recently introduced Messenger Rooms on Facebook which allows for shared videos and text conversations by a large group.
Contacts outside and across the Facebook family of apps such as Facebook Messanger, Instagram and WhatsApp can be drafted to Messenger Rooms allowing for as much as 50 persons to communicate at the same time.

Messenger Rooms can be created on Facebook Messenger or Facebook itself, either the application or website version. The highlight of some of Messenger Rooms' features includes the use of Augmented Reality (AR) to adjust on-screen looks, 360-degree backgrounds that include a giant ball pit, a black hole and more, adjustable lighting mode to improve video calls.

https://businessinflux.com/2020/05/01/whatsapp-video-call-upgraded-to-8-calls-per-user/

They excel because they don't stop adding up.
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by ogundeleai(m): 5:07pm On May 01, 2020
New innovation that ultimately demand for additional data consumption, new phone for large resolution, agitations for long lasting battery etc
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Fairview1: 5:09pm On May 01, 2020
Nice one!

This is a good way to go! I have expected this long time ago since Zoom scandals began flying around. The US born entrepreneurs must definitely react to it. Good for us and good for our business.

Next..!
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Roon9(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2020
folake4u:

Lmao really?! grin grin grin.
This is so funny.

I swear to God
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Safari29: 6:06pm On May 01, 2020
moderatedguy:
Zoom takes 500 video calls at a time..,.....Facebook still dey learn.

and you think facebook wont expand their capacity??
Facebook already have most users, they control the market. they can do whatever they want.
Video conferencing is a standard, alot of companies already doing but not popular. some of them you have to pay for subscribe to enjoy their software as a service e.g Microsoft teams, polycom clarity, etc., others you will have to install their server and manage thm by yourself that is if you dont trust them, most banks used this. some provide hybrid service
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by TheManOfTheYear: 7:13pm On May 01, 2020
CokeBar:
I see people comparing Zoom and WhatsApp...

I believe they serve different purposes.

Zoom is quite official and used by many coys for interviews, meetings, trainings etc. Zoom is more centralized, you have a host thay controls what happens.

WhatsApp isn't that way. You wanna quickly call some of your friends and gist? WhatsApp is your guy.

So I don't see a need for any comparison. Zoom accommodates about 50 people in a room. There are even breakout rooms in Zoom.

What exactly is bad in WhatsApp updating their app? For Christ sake, it is a business.
Most sensible comment here.
Some were already slamming Zuckerberg, like C'mon isn't it a world of competition?

How does allowing 8 callers now translates to competing with Zoom.?

Zoom should be compared with Google Meet and Skype.

WhatsApp can be compared with FaceTime and Telegram

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by grandstar(m): 7:20pm On May 01, 2020
temmypotter:

An 8ncrease to 8 users per call shouldn't kill Zoom.

I do agree with you that Facebook is ruthless. They ate Snapchat lunch when they refused to be bought.

I hope one day to set up an internet app which may be heavily reliant on Facebook and whatsapp to go viral. I pray he doesn't eat my lunch too.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by plucky16(m): 7:22pm On May 01, 2020
AuntRose:

You should be a comedian grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Chimezirim121: 7:26pm On May 01, 2020
FanRong:

This FTC is Proudly sponsored by BOREDOM Plc!
Makers of Bored-times.

Cheers to me.

Back to Topic:
WhatsApp has really been useful. It has 'Maturedly' brought the world closer. Kudos to WhatsApp on this development.
Zoom is better and consumes less data

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by CokeBar(f): 7:41pm On May 01, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Most sensible comment here.
Some were already slamming Zuckerberg, like C'mon isn't it a world of competition?

How does allowing 8 callers now translates to competing with Zoom.?

Zoom should be compared with Google Meet and Skype.

WhatsApp can be compared with FaceTime and Telegram

Absolutely correct.

Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by NaijadrivaCars: 8:01pm On May 01, 2020
They have, at least, LOOTING is done silently.
AuntRose:
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2020
I got the update today.
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by solochiben(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2020
BusinessInflux:
WHATSAPP, The American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over Internet Protocol (IP) service owned by Facebook has gone a step further, making it possible for its video call feature to admit as much as eight people simultaneously in a call.

Users of Android and iPhone can now add twice the previous number of people allowed in a video call on WhatsApp.

Facebook, the parent company of WhatsApp disclosed the latest quirk in a Video Call News last week. According to the report, the Video Call upgrade is now accessible for iOS and Andriod device users running the newest model of the application.

The new quirk on WhatsApp, which at the moment is the most actively used messaging application with over 2 billion users around the globe, provides a more suitable substitute for other Conference call platforms like Zoom, Houseparty, FaceTime, as well as Skype.

Nevertheless, though WhatsApp still dawdles with some of the big players in the game like Google Duo which allows 12 calls at a time; Google Meet with as much as 100 people for private users and 250 for business and educational purposes; Apple's FaceTime allowing 32 callers and Zoom permitting 500 callers on priced premium, the messaging app-WhatsApp is now in the category with Houseparty allowing 8 callers as well.

Also, the video call upgrade on WhatsApp is not exempted from the end-to-end encryption security that the app adopts to prevent externals including WhatsApp itself from viewing or listening to personal conversations. With the issues of cyber hacking, this upgrade is just right on time.

While the world is on lockdown from the Coronavirus pandemic, video call applications and platforms have become a basic necessity for catch-ups with family and friends as well as for business and educational communications.

WhatsApp's parent company, Facebook also recently introduced Messenger Rooms on Facebook which allows for shared videos and text conversations by a large group.
Contacts outside and across the Facebook family of apps such as Facebook Messanger, Instagram and WhatsApp can be drafted to Messenger Rooms allowing for as much as 50 persons to communicate at the same time.

Messenger Rooms can be created on Facebook Messenger or Facebook itself, either the application or website version. The highlight of some of Messenger Rooms' features includes the use of Augmented Reality (AR) to adjust on-screen looks, 360-degree backgrounds that include a giant ball pit, a black hole and more, adjustable lighting mode to improve video calls.

https://businessinflux.com/2020/05/01/whatsapp-video-call-upgraded-to-8-calls-per-user/

Nigerian universities can adopt Zoom for lockdown lectures na
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Benjamin4388(m): 9:11pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Benjamin4388(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User by Spechialone(f): 9:24pm On May 01, 2020
And there goes zoom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The InnJoo Fire Camera Versus Samsung Galaxy Duos Camera + Water & Drop Test / 10 Phones With 5000mah Battery Capacity In Nigeria / How To Upgrade Your Android Version Of Any Phone To 7.0 And Even Change The Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.