Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? (405 Views)

My Wife Demands For Lab Test Most Times When One Is Not Cheating / A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? by stillwerise: 7:25pm On May 01, 2020
..................................................................as copied...............................................................................................................................................
I believe many of you can relate with this because you may either be a victim of envy or the one envious of someone else. If you belong to any of the categories, this article is aimed at helping you navigate this emotion. Envy is a strong emotion that can easily over-power the person who feels it.

“Many couples who have fallen in love now live with partners who went from a place of admiration for what their partners do, to a place of i can do it too (which is a marvelous thing). However many have taken it overboard to a point of envious competition”.
This is something many partners NEVER want to mention because it sounds very twisted to even begin to imagine it in a relationship. Fortunately we are not looking at this emotion from a relationship point of view but rather as it applies to living.

The Psychology of Envy and Jealousy:

This emotion "envy" has shockingly been at the root of many success stories as well. People who have accepted this emotion the moment they felt it and quickly channeled it to goal setting, planning and letting the urge motivate them towards growth and expansion turn out as better individuals.
Unfortunately, our levels of self-will differ ..
When you want something and you are willing to accept that you want it, you get envious (yes thats the root of both go-getting and hating), become motivated to go and achieve it and admire other people who are also on the path to getting it. On the flip-side, there are people who want something another person has but rather than getting motivated to go and work for this get envious, then get jealous, start hating people who are on the path to becoming and in extreme cases resort to ...
https://templeobike.com/2020/05/01/admiration-envy-jealousy/

Re: Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? by traihit: 7:40pm On May 01, 2020
It's all about creating a balance. All things being equal, no one gets envious or jealous without feeling threatened. It's the fear that makes an individual jealous. E.g my friend or partner may stop communicating with me because they're doing better than I am and they may leave me. So in reaction to that, I start getting jealous. When two of you are going on the streets and you see one admired while you're not, you start feeling you may be abandoned and so envy and jealousy creep in. That is why it's better one gets closer to people of his calibre and if they step ahead, it's either you also move up or you reduce your presence around them.
Re: Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? by gracie007: 7:56pm On May 01, 2020
I think the love between some friends are shallow from the go and not built on anything more than their love for basic things. When something good happens to one of the members, the rest feel this means they are not as succesful, appealing or favored. Which is wrong.
Re: Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? by bukatyne(f): 8:08pm On May 01, 2020
traihit:
It's all about creating a balance. All things being equal, no one gets envious or jealous without feeling threatened. It's the fear that makes an individual jealous. E.g my friend or partner may stop communicating with me because they're doing better than I am and they may leave me. So in reaction to that, I start getting jealous. When two of you are going on the streets and you see one admired while you're not, you start feeling you may be abandoned and so envy and jealousy creep in. That is why it's better one gets closer to people of his calibre and if they step ahead, it's either you also move up or you reduce your presence around them.

You have got a nice signature
Re: Temple Ask's - Why Does Admiration Turn To Envy Amongst Friends Most Times ? by traihit: 8:49pm On May 01, 2020
bukatyne:

You have got a nice signature

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Call For Honeymoon, Romantic Birthdays & Anniversary / Side Chic Teach Married Woman How To Sex Her Husband (video) / Reasons Why You Should Sleep Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.