Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

The Tears Of Haiti - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tears Of Haiti (616 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / Tears Of A Broken Heart-a Short Story / Tears Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tears Of Haiti by lovingsoul(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2011
Haiti a dungeon of pity, life down there is not for the living, neither is it for those who cherish and desire dignity.

Babies lay lonely on the street, without the care and protection of their mothers.

Sons sit and cry in fear, at the absense of a father's upholding and encouraging touch.

Daughters are left to face the harshness and dangers of the society.

The people are lost and confused at the break down and ineffectiveness of the government.

What kind of world is this, in the mist of abundance and waste lies so much lack and want, in the presense of individual wealth and riches lies poverty, shame and low selfesteem.

Your cry has travelled thousands of miles, right into our hearts to wipe away smiles on our ebony faces,

Your tears has soaked the earth wet, wet enough for the trees and seeds to bear fruits of pain.

My soul bleeds, my heart aches at the sight of this generational disaster. Over here we live for today, we never try to look back at yesterday, and we always pray to nature, to allow us see tomorrow.

Haiti you are like a lost son,a son stolen and established under the force of oppression and slavery, your brothers are far away across another border, the question is, did you bother to go back home?

Home (AFRICA), is where you belong, a place where your identity, dignity and prosperity lies, it lies fallow waiting endlessly for your return.

I weep and bite my fingers in pain, i cry and bow my head in shame when i see the level of destruction, poverty,inhumanity, pain,sufferingn and hopelessness that abides with my brother(HAITI), from another mother(AFRICA).

Who do you blame, who do you point those accusing fingers at, is it yourself,nature, the environment,government, fate or who?.

Maybe this is not the time to play the blaming game,rather it is the to shake off the dust and dirt of pain and shame that has almost buried that glory, that light which can never be covered by any one not even you(HAITI).

Get up, answer the call of victory, face your fears, never succumb to those tears, wear a new strength, go out and conquer like a ferocious gladiator.

(1) (Reply)

Sickle Cell Story / Do U Want To Be A Superstar? / What Are You Thinking Of Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.