Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria (74006 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / UK, US, Canada Accuse Russia Of Hacking Coronavirus Vaccine Trials / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by ofiko123(m): 5:35pm On May 02, 2020
nabiz:
Who is W. H. O

W.H.O is the world health organisation..
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by foreshore(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2020
agwom:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-who-to-commence-vaccine-trials-in-nigeria.html

I hope it is Buhari and Lia Mohammed's family they will test it on
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 02, 2020
Why can't they start on China, Italy or USA

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by OLA4CHRIST1(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2020
God will help us
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by ambassador9: 7:20pm On May 02, 2020
PLZ YOU GUYS SHOULD READ WELL BEFORE MAKING COMMENTS

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by superman1073: 7:43pm On May 02, 2020
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by bobolaga: 8:42pm On May 02, 2020
Testing this corona virus in Nigeria,means that we are the wise among the foolish in African,for God sake as big as the whole world is,Nigeria is relegated to testing trial,although we are economic prostitute may be some of our V.I.P has been paid for this.Or Obama and Bill Gate illumination agenda with many warhead of evils are highly connected with Nigeria must be first to trial of the vaccine.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by BushDoctor123: 9:30pm On May 02, 2020
blackpanda:
Good one
A guinea pig sighted.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Truthchiz: 9:35pm On May 02, 2020
gretblue:
I really don't know if these youths don't read or they read but fail to understand. The article is self explanatory, there are countries who have started to develop vaccines for Covid 19 on their own. Nigeria would soon be granted/ listed among these countries to develop vaccines for Covid 19.
The WHO Representative, was clear enough on PTF Covid 19 on Channels TV yesterday.
89 countries have started developing vaccines for Covid 19.
Nigeria has just joined the countries to develop the vaccines, that means Prof IWu and others can develop vaccines for Covid 19.
Nigeria youths only watch Africa magic .
The news was repeated several times on Channels TV and Ait yesterday
Don't mind them. Bill Gates has become their enemy. All they know is that the vaccine is 666. Where them see vaccine?
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Growing(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2020
agwom:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-who-to-commence-vaccine-trials-in-nigeria.html

I don't trust our government on this. Why are they subscribing to this?
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Jessekd01: 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
ridonebabat:
I know my opinion will be repelled by many people but to be candid, Africans must also contribute to the vaccine development, if we really want to benefit. Africans have being boiling on social media over the suggestion of vaccine trial in Africa by an European scientist. Government of many countries, billionaires, philanthropist, rich individuals and many ordinary people are contributing and donating billions of dollars to this ongoing research. Our government and billionaires can never donate a kobo, instead they are still cashing out and siphoning fund for this Covid19.
If we can't contribute monetarily, we are to contribute in the other way.
It is just as if people are contributing to cook a certain food and you stretch your leg waiting for them to finish, so that you can eat for from it. 'Who does that? '
If you can't contribute to buy the ingredients, at least you must contribute in the cook process.

lier, who tell u dat our billionaires did not contribute money? pls alwayz listen to news abeg
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by tomju(m): 11:17pm On May 02, 2020
blackpanda:

So whom do u want to test the vaccine that u will use This is not the time to be selfish. If another country tests and develops d drug, then u will now come with big mouth to beg

You missed the point. If I develop a vaccine for kids, and I have 5 kids at home, then I come out and announce that people should donate their kids for testing of my vaccine, wont you worry why I cannot test my own kids first? Truth is, that vaccine needs clinical trials to ascertain the side effects. So they can rejik it as it were. Now, do you know what killed 600 persons in Kano under 24 hours? Was it not a fake vaccine that was sold? You cannot be suffering from covid-19, yet you are interested in saving Africa first! Why? They want to "kill" us first, incase it kills .That is selfish. If you are sure of your vaccines, save your deaths first. Africa is not a laboratory.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Originalsly: 11:42pm On May 02, 2020
gretblue:

I really don't know if these youths don't read or they read but fail to understand.

The article is self explanatory

Nigeria has just joined the countries to develop the vaccines,

that means Prof IWu and others can develop vaccines for Covid 19.

"WHO has said that Nigeria has expressed interest to be part of the global solidarity trial of the vaccines being developed to tackle COVID-19 pandemic.....

You with understanding..... is participating in the trial of a vaccine the same as being in the development of a vaccine?
Being used in the trial of a vaccine is to be used as a Guinea pig.... to plug you with the virus... then try the vaccine on you. The compulsory vaccination is to infect Nigerians with the virus... then later be testing out all these concoctions from the worldwide labs.
Vaccinations or any sort of injections need to be stopped dead on arrival by any means necessary.

The last time they came.... our leaders sold us out as slaves. Now they are back... why would we allow our leaders to sell us out as Guinea pigs?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by NiCurious: 12:30am On May 03, 2020
I cannot believe the amount of willful ignorance being spewed, re-consumed by others, and regurgitated with a yet another new twist on this thread. It's like rabbits eating their own poop. I weep for Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On May 03, 2020
They should try it first in countries with higher death rate. USA should be number one.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by lionphil(m): 7:52am On May 03, 2020
gretblue:
I really don't know if these youths don't read or they read but fail to understand. The article is self explanatory, there are countries who have started to develop vaccines for Covid 19 on their own. Nigeria would soon be granted/ listed among these countries to develop vaccines for Covid 19.
The WHO Representative, was clear enough on PTF Covid 19 on Channels TV yesterday.
Nigeria has just joined the countries to develop the vaccines, that means Prof IWu and others can develop vaccines for Covid 19.
Nigeria youths only watch Africa magic .
The news was repeated several times on Channels TV and Ait yesterday

And you trust the lies? Did you go through the bill to see how much autocratic power has been granted to the minister? Under the bill, both Mr president and the governors can not challenge whatever decision the minister makes... do you understand that shit at all?? Having the power to do and undo in a democratic setting. Let me see the bas.tard that will come near me saying I sued use any vaccine by force. I'll send him to hell before I die.
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by Horus(m): 10:52am On May 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUvO1ONgJ4

Nigerians Çrƴ Oùt Blaṣt NCDC & National Assembly Over Forceful Vaccination Bill
Re: COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria by SaiRuiMall: 12:32pm On May 03, 2020
Another Challenge:

We need Ladies to come up with creative video promotion for Vawulence City Media.

Come up with your own initiative and creative styles.

The best 3 videos get 3k each.
Challenge started and will end Tonight.

Check the next status for sample.
This challenge is open to both new and old Comrades

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Israeli $1.5M Gold & Diamond Face-Mask Is The Most Expensive In The World / 40 Persons Infected As NCDC Confirms 4 New Coronavirus Cases / Pool Party At Lake Of The Ozarks Missouri Shows Crowd Ignoring Social Distancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.